Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

The Zuiderdams entire Summer/fall 2021 schedule from April 18th through December 23rd has been removed from the HAL agent booking system (POLAR) and is no longer viewable/bookable. This includes her Spring and Fall transatlantic sailings and entire Mediterranean season.  These sailings still appear on the consumer website but attempting a booking on any of them results in the “oops something went wrong” error message.

Smells like a redeployment to me - question is to where?.......  Summer Caribbean or Mexican Riviera?  Or a change to shorter 7nt round trip European sailings maybe from either Rome or Barcelona (similar to what Princess did with Enchanted’s itinerary).

As they say - WATCH THIS SPACE!!

EDIT !!!! - Volendam summer 2021 Alaska Schedule has also disappeared. She has a blank in her schedule now from April 21st to January 4th 2022. Maybe she’ll be replacing Zuiderdam in Europe and Zuiderdam replacing her in Alaska.???

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Maybe sold?

Why do you always assume the worst?  It’s like you want HAL to go out of business.  If you are going to reply to threads, please be constructive and add something of value. 

Both Volendam and Zuiderdam have had new itineraries posted for fall 2021 to spring 2022 in the last few days. That’s not something you do if a ship is about to be announced as leaving the fleet. They are either swapping ships or creating new itineraries to better adjust capacity for summer 2022.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, trident said:

We have been notified of the changes by HAL

if the agency I work for has been notified it hasn’t been filtered down to front line employees like me yet 🤓

I’ll be interested to see if Volendam fully replicates Zuiderdam’s itineraries or if they craft entirely new ones for her as her smaller size may allow her to berth in ports Zuiderdam could not visit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Why do you always assume the worst?  It’s like you want HAL to go out of business.  If you are going to reply to threads, please be constructive and add something of value. 

Both Volendam and Zuiderdam have had new itineraries posted for fall 2021 to spring 2022 in the last few days. That’s not something you do if a ship is about to be announced as leaving the fleet. They are either swapping ships or creating new itineraries to better adjust capacity for summer 2022.

Well, the Volendam and Zaandam are both for sale at a bargain price of $50 million each and the Zuiderdam is the oldest of the 4 vista's..anything is possible..

6 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Well, the Volendam and Zaandam are both for sale at a bargain price of $50 million each and the Zuiderdam is the oldest of the 4 vista's..anything is possible..

Those ship broker sites have been around for ages and are rarely a reliable source of ships actually being sold, or available for sale.  Realistically ANY vessel could be sold, for the right price, to the right buyer. For the near-term HAL is done selling/transferring ships.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

if the agency I work for has been notified it hasn’t been filtered down to front line employees like me yet 🤓

I’ll be interested to see if Volendam fully replicates Zuiderdam’s itineraries or if they craft entirely new ones for her as her smaller size may allow her to berth in ports Zuiderdam could not visit.

Just got off the phone with a CC friend and they have received the email.  I’m waiting for mine.  I sure hope it’s the same itinerary.  I guess we have to wait and see 😞

I really thought we were safe to book over a year from now covid wise.  I never thought we would face a re-deployment.  I’m happy with the Volendam just worried about the itinerary and the unknown.

• Like 1

I just got an email from HAL saying my Zuiderdam June 2021 cruise has changed, now it'll be on the Volendam. As I'm supposed to travel with a pretty large group, not sure the Volendam will be a good fit. I've been on her sister Zaandam.  Guess I'll have to contact my TA, though she may be a bit busy fielding other calls today.

15 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We have had the email from HAL as well, that our Zuiderdam cruise has been changed to Volendam.  I really have no problem with that, but the itinerary has been altered and I'm not so happy about that.

I just got the list of new voyage #s and any date/length changes, but no details on exact itineraries. What sailing were you on and what has changed?  I know the Zuiderdam fall transatlantic was 17 days and the Volendam swap is only 15 days. Spring transatlantic on Zuiderdam cancelled with no replacement.  Volendam spring repo for San-Yvr also cancelled without replacement. 

28 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Those ship broker sites have been around for ages and are rarely a reliable source of ships actually being sold, or available for sale.  Realistically ANY vessel could be sold, for the right price, to the right buyer. For the near-term HAL is done selling/transferring ships.

Well, I am not so sure about that, the longer this situation drags on, maintenance and staff will become a bigger problem and will force them to make more moves..

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just got the list of new voyage #s and any date/length changes, but no details on exact itineraries. What sailing were you on and what has changed?  I know the Zuiderdam fall transatlantic was 17 days and the Volendam swap is only 15 days. Spring transatlantic on Zuiderdam cancelled with no replacement.  Volendam spring repo for San-Yvr also cancelled without replacement. 

@trident posted the new itinerary on our roll call.  A couple of ports in Spain are deleted and also the 2 Canary Island stops, just a stop in Tangier added.  The first segment (to Barcelona) remains the same.

688815458_ScreenShot2020-10-27at3_31_44PM.thumb.jpeg.3fed108f0935a1a1f19c0c011f754341.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I couldn't agree with you more...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

So where will Zuiderdam go? Alaska? Europe?

This is what we were told:

"We are writing to advise you of some changes to our deployment schedule that affect your upcoming 2021 voyage (Booking #*******). Zuiderdam will now be deployed to Alaska for summer 2021 and then to Hawaii and Tahiti, while Volendam will be sailing in Europe. As a result of these changes, your cruise will now sail on Volendam."

• Like 2