Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

On 11/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, VMax1700 said:

We were also 'upgraded' from a Verandah Guarantee on Zuiderdam to a Vista Suite on Volendam.  Our price was reduced by the pro rata amount (+/-).

Something is not right with your pricing.

We had chosen 8089 on Zuiderdam, so our veranda cabin was not in a "Guarantee" status.  We were reassigned 7055 on Volendam.  With the V cruise 2 days shorter than the Z cruise, and getting charged MORE, I agree that something went wrong with the pricing.  We're not going, though, so it doesn't matter at all.  I am going to hold off on booking anything else until the cruise lines are actually accepting passengers.  

Well. just got off the phone with the HAL 855 number after a 20 min. wait after being disconnected after another 20 minute wait to be put on hold for 10 minutes to be told to call the PCC desk.  Called the PCC desk only to be told who are new PCC is and was given their number. Called that number and left a message. Going to take a nap now.

17 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Well. just got off the phone with the HAL 855 number after a 20 min. wait after being disconnected after another 20 minute wait to be put on hold for 10 minutes to be told to call the PCC desk.  Called the PCC desk only to be told who are new PCC is and was given their number. Called that number and left a message. Going to take a nap now.

How extremely frustrating.  Ugh.  Not very good customer service.  

On 11/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, kevingastreich said:

Has anybody in this situation (Moved from Zuiderdam to Volendam in to a downgraded cabin) gotten any emails from HAL detailing the changes and any recompense for the downgraded cabin? We have not. The only reason I know about our new cabin assignment on Volendam is because I happened to check my account on the HAL website. I am still waiting for the official email from HAL that usually starts out with "Important information about your upcoming cruise".  Anyone else?

Our TA has informed us that we have been changed from a midship Zuiderdam VE category to one of the 4 aft Volendam BC cabins which is guaranteed. Holland America also increased the price from $17,000.00 to 18,000.00 for our 24 day Mediteraanean cruise. We are waiting for the bookings to open up to see what our options are. 

6 minutes ago, NIkkiGR said:

Our TA has informed us that we have been changed from a midship Zuiderdam VE category to one of the 4 aft Volendam BC cabins which is guaranteed. Holland America also increased the price from $17,000.00 to 18,000.00 for our 24 day Mediteraanean cruise. We are waiting for the bookings to open up to see what our options are. 

Did your TA tell you why they increased the price??  I could understand if the ports charges etc increased, but your itinerary is the same.  There is no way they should increase the price.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:55 PM, kevingastreich said:

Finally talked to our PCC (have been trying to since Friday).  He agreed, our fare should have been adjusted down to compensate for the lower accommodations (Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to Vista Suite on Volendam). He suggested we call "Customer Relations". We "suggested" that HE do it.  He said "OK, give me two weeks".  Sheesh.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Finally talked to our PCC (have been trying to since Friday).  He agreed, our fare should have been adjusted down to compensate for the lower accommodations (Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to Vista Suite on Volendam). He suggested we call "Customer Relations". We "suggested" that HE do it.  He said "OK, give me two weeks".  Sheesh.

When we were downgraded from a Neptune Suite to a Vista Suite our fare wasn't adjusted down either.  We cancelled, not only for that reason, we would have even if they had lowered the price.

If your PCC is like ours, he's being run absolutely ragged.  I wouldn't wish their job on anyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

When we were downgraded from a Neptune Suite to a Vista Suite our fare wasn't adjusted down either.  We cancelled, not only for that reason, we would have even if they had lowered the price.

If your PCC is like ours, he's being run absolutely ragged.  I wouldn't wish their job on anyone.

Wow!!  Your were downgraded to a Vista??  And no price adjustment??

Wow and ugh.

I am shocked as you booked early and even more astounded that your price wasn't adjusted.  No wonder you cancelled.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, VMax1700 said:

Did your TA tell you why they increased the price??  I could understand if the ports charges etc increased, but your itinerary is the same.  There is no way they should increase the price.

Totally agree with Colin.

No reason to increase the price.  If they have to move you up, that's HAL's problem, not yours.  This ship doesn't have the cabin capacity of the Zuiderdam.  Not a totally bad thing but you shouldn't pay.

Most people in verandahs on our roll call are now in Vista Suites (just verandhas really but the cabins are larger).  No one has been charged for being "upgraded".  In fact some are on the phone for their compensation 😉 

On 12/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, kazu said:

Totally agree with Colin.

No reason to increase the price.  If they have to move you up, that's HAL's problem, not yours.  This ship doesn't have the cabin capacity of the Zuiderdam.  Not a totally bad thing but you shouldn't pay.

Most people in verandahs on our roll call are now in Vista Suites (just verandhas really but the cabins are larger).  No one has been charged for being "upgraded".  In fact some are on the phone for their compensation 😉 

I was charged for the "upgrade" from veranda to Vista Suite for the new itinerary that is 2 days shorter than the original itinerary on Zuiderdam.  Cancelled!

27 minutes ago, Taters said:

I was charged for the "upgrade" from veranda to Vista Suite for the new itinerary that is 2 days shorter than the original itinerary on Zuiderdam.  Cancelled!

What category did you have when on Zuiderdam?  I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it.  So confusing.   

6 hours ago, Taters said:

WOW!! 😱 😭 😠 

9 hours ago, Taters said:

I guess HAL hopes that inertia keeps people from canceling.  Crazy, they did the same to us when they sold the Prinsendam.  We canceled as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, kevingastreich said:

UPDATE!  Our PCC did get back to us today.  The only compensation HAL was willing to give us for the down grade in accommodations  (Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to Vista Suite on Volendam) is an "upgrade" to a Neptune Suite for an extra $200pp for a 12 day cruise.  We are considering it.  Our PCC said no hurry..."there are plenty" which surprised me because I thought any available Volendam Neptune Suites would have already been claimed by the people who had a Neptune Suite booked on Zuiderdam before they got switched to Volendam.  Maybe there weren't as many NS booked on Zuiderdam as we thought?

1 minute ago, KAKcruiser said:

If you are saying $200pp for all 12 days and not per day, I would jump on this.  That's an unbelievable price for all the benefits of a neptune suite.  I definitely wouldn't wait too long no matter what you are being told.

Yes, 200pp total for the entire cruise. I think we will go for it.

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

The only compensation HAL was willing to give us for the down grade in accommodations  (Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to Vista Suite on Volendam) is an "upgrade" to a Neptune Suite for an extra $200pp for a 12 day cruise. 

That is one sweet deal.  I’d grab it before they change their minds 😉 

Neptunes on the R class ships are bigger than  on the Vistas with deeper balconies.  (No separate shower though)

On 10/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The sailings have been completely removed for new bookings until they get everyone moved over to the new sailings with new booking #s. We have been told that it could take up to November 30th for the process to be complete. 

Unfortunately for those booked into Signature Suites on Zuiderdam the equivalent (in HAL’s opinion) is a Vista Suite on Volendam.  The ones getting the biggest displacement will be those who booked standard Verandah rooms on Zuiderdam, as there is zero comparable option on Volendam. They will most likely be placed into full ocean view rooms (hopefully with either a fare adjustment or obc compensation or both) or have the option to cancel.

I was first booked on Zuiderdam Signature suite and was assigned a balcony on Volendam.  I contacted my travel agent because that wasnt an upgrade - even asked cost of moving to Neptune Suite and its costing only 14.50 more per person to cover tax/port fees - fine with me - now in a Neptune Suite and happy.  Been working with same travel agent for over 10 years - he is so wonderful - he definitely works some magic 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, kevingastreich said:

Thanks, the new booking number was issued yesterday so I only have 59 days left. If there is a form involved, I'm sure he knows about it. We are still waiting for HAL to make an offer first.

Update to this saga. Even though a new booking number was issued, the 60 day time limit to transfer a booking to another TA did not reset.  We are WELL past the 60 days so it looks like this booking will remain with HAL and our new PCC.