Princess Cruises Announces Extension of Pause of Operations in Australia through End of May 2021

caribill

18 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The big issue is getting crew members into the countries that you named. International travel is banned in most of them.

For Canada, non-essential travel is prohibited. However, exemptions apply for employment and educational purposes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Exemptions also apply to air crews and truckers under certain conditions.

I presume that ship crews will have to quarantine 14 days, same as other places.

18 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Does anyone know if the credit of 125% will apply if you used FCC's from a previously cancelled cruise?

following ...

side note - nothing to do with the cruises just cancelled, but when I check our account this morning , noticed this in our FCC

Cruise With Confidence10/21/20Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22Active$50.00 (USD) - no clue why, but welcome !

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Yes I remember. I also remember when we were told this is nothing to worry about. Go to Chinatown tonight and have dinner. 

Tony 

I seem to recall Trump saying it was nothing to worry about recently as he only had a mild case of it.

We have a British Isles cruise in May 2021, I’m not even sure this is going to go ahead now. What is the deal with Princess now,  can we move a cruise from May 2021 to say later in the year or 2022 without penalty? 

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Anyone still think the end of December Caribbean cruises will take place?  I don't see them happening.  

It's all speculation at this point, but it's four (4) days from November already and no sign of life for the Florida/Caribbean cruises yet. Difficult to imagine how they could pull all of this together by end of December. I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Does anyone know if the credit of 125% will apply if you used FCC's from a previously cancelled cruise?

No the additional credit does not apply to FCC.   With our last cancelled cruise, fully paid with combination of FCC, FCD and credit card on the Star, 10 day to Loreto, our PVP indicated we had the option of having our FCD returned to our account or go the bonus FCC route and have two credits built one refundable and one nonrefundable.    
This was our 3rd cruise cancelled using FCC and nothing additional has been added to our accounts.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, amajaa said:

We have a British Isles cruise in May 2021, I’m not even sure this is going to go ahead now. What is the deal with Princess now,  can we move a cruise from May 2021 to say later in the year or 2022 without penalty? 

I do not know about the UK, but in the USA you can cancel with no penalty but any rebooking would be at the pricing for the new cruise which could be less than, more than or the same as the cancelled booking.

Or if you do not mind waiting, your 2021 cruise could actually sail or it could be cancelled by Princess. If Princess cancels it, you would have no problem with any penalty from Princess or your TA.

We would normally lose our deposit and if rebooking it

would be at the price on the day. I keep asking why

we cant have price drop refaring over here 😞  - never a proper 

answer to why, but you cant!!

However at the moment we have this until 31 April

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/  

Note the asterisks in the continuing ripoffbritain approach Princess adopt as usual. 

If we effectively have a no sail  situation on 1 May

( Advice really needs to be earlier so people can change plans)

I am guessing it will have to be extended or amended. I think some of the other lines do allow  change to another date without penalty but at the price on the day.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, PurpleHays said:

I work in a surgery center. We were closed except for emergencies (essentially fracture reductions) for a month. I never thought it would be quick, but a lot of people sure did. They're the same ones that seem to have difficulty wearing a mask and staying home. 🙄

My son works with someone that told him 3 weeks ago that all the news reports about covid cases are going to disappear after 11/3, because they are making it all up.  Son plans on stopping by for a (masked) chat on 11/4 or 11/5.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

My son works with someone that told him 3 weeks ago that all the news reports about covid cases are going to disappear after 11/3, because they are making it all up.  Son plans on stopping by for a (masked) chat on 11/4 or 11/5.

Wow! If only that was true. I wish it was. ☹️ Even if the news reports about COVID reduce, the cases won't. In the US, they appear to be increasing. What a tragedy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I keep hearing that nonsense, as well. Apparently such people do not pay attention to news that doesn't confirm their biases, nor any news from outside the US, and have no idea what the phrase "Global Pandemic" means. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 3:54 PM, pcur said:

If it's all made up, how/why did the prez get it??

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

If it's all made up, how/why did the prez get it??

Yes, I agree.  Even more myopic is my son had this discussion after he came back to work from quarantining himself and getting tested twice, because some idiot in his office came to work for TWO WEEKS with symptoms AND with his wife testing positive and sick!!!!!!  He also went back wearing a mask full time, and with his air purifier for his office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Yes, I agree.  Even more myopic is my son had this discussion after he came back to work from quarantining himself and getting tested twice, because some idiot in his office came to work for TWO WEEKS with symptoms AND with his wife testing positive and sick!!!!!!  He also went back wearing a mask full time, and with his air purifier for his office.

Gaaaa!! People are so stupid. I'm tired of seeing folks that should know better not social distancing or wearing a mask in groups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

With such behaviour, it is no wonder there is widespread community spread of COVID.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

With such behaviour, it is no wonder there is widespread community spread of COVID.

Right.  His fiancee has been telling him since March that his own personal covid tsunami was coming, because of the behavior of his coworkers.  Luckily, he didn't get it, but he was face-to-face talking with this guy, so it's a miracle.  

All I can think of is my great-great-grandfather:  he came across the US wilderness in 1848 from IL to CA by horseback, and then made the trip TWO more times by covered wagon.  If he could do that, my son must be made of sturdy stock!!

On 10/28/2020 at 2:35 PM, eamondzhang said:

Our 05 Mar cruise from Sydney to Adelaide is canned as part of this pause.

Cancellation #2 in COVID era - guess I'm lucky!

Both of them are on Majestic unfortunately

Michael

We’ve had three cancel now, third was due to the sale of the Sun Princess.

Not that this is a cruise, there has been a small international travel bubble open up from New Zealand to certain states/territories in Australia. It is currently only one way. Fingers crossed this still continues successfully.