Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

thread_img.jpg

To combine some posts and to keep track of any repositioning of the NCL fleet in one thread; the ship movements thread!

A daily copy paste list of the fleet's location, marine traffic websites with new headings, ships sheltering for storms, ships doing an engine test/health run, port resupply, it's all good. As long as we can keep an eye on the fleet.. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Norwegian Bliss; English Channel, was docked in Portland, taking her for a spin, returning to Portland. Was with Encore up in Scandinavia but took shelter for autumn weather 
Norwegian Breakaway; Marseille, FR, getting scrubbers installed
Norwegian Dawn; Siricusa, Italy, been there a while
Norwegian Encore; Southampton, docked, teaming up with Bliss
Norwegian Epic; Toulon, France (near Marseille, Med)
Norwegian Escape; Manilla, bay
Norwegian Gem; Aruba
Norwegian Getaway; Marseille, FR, getting scrubbers installed
Norwegian Jade; Naples, Italy
Norwegian Jewel; Los Angeles, Long Beach inner anchorage, USA
Norwegian Joy; Manilla, docked

Norwegian Pearl; left Curacao, next call Aruba
Norwegian Sky; Curacao
Norwegian Spirit; Brindisi, Italy
Norwegian Star; Civitavecchia, Italy
Norwegian Sun; Aruba
Pride of America: Honolulu, Hawaii

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fergus said:

What kind of crew is on the ships right now, and what are they doing?  Are they basically quarantining on the ships?   Just curious!

1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

I wish we could get some videos of the staff on the ship and what life is like for them. 

The crew are mostly deck and engine crew, with just a few galley hands to feed them and wash the dishes.  They are doing what deck and engine do every day on a ship, whether there are passengers or not.  Deck and engine are two of the most restrictive departments for going ashore in the best of times, so this is nothing new.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I wish we could get some videos of the staff on the ship and what life is like for them. 

There is a Captain from the Celebrity Edge on TikTok who does videos on the ship. Honestly it's been kind of fun watching her videos about the ship, her job, her cat, and learning about life on the ship right now.  If you TikTok look for captiankatemccue.  She just went on vacation, so who knows what her new videos will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

There is a Captain from the Celebrity Edge on TikTok who does videos on the ship. Honestly it's been kind of fun watching her videos about the ship, her job, her cat, and learning about life on the ship right now.  If you TikTok look for captiankatemccue.  She just went on vacation, so who knows what her new videos will be.

And if you follow the Celebrity CC board, you will see when she posts, as it usually becomes a topic of conversation!  I love watching Captain Kate's "How I Sea it" and truly loved her response to someone who commented on her being a female captain.  She rocks!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

the videos is also on youtube for those that do not do Tiktok:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmXbyewAfswf0vFx1pP-xA

22 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Thanks for the link.  Capt. Kate is now one of my new most favorite persons!

Ditto here! I just subscribed to her YT channel. I tried but had trouble creating an Instagram account for some reason (I'll keep working on it).

@shof515 or @Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin - It appears that Capt. Kate is from the U.S. By chance, do you know if she went to a maritime academy and if yes, which one? (I looked on her YT channel but did not see anything).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Ditto here! I just subscribed to her YT channel. I tried but had trouble creating an Instagram account for some reason (I'll keep working on it).

@shof515 or @Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin - It appears that Capt. Kate is from the U.S. By chance, do you know if she went to a maritime academy and if yes, which one? (I looked on her YT channel but did not see anything).

Google search says...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_McCue

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Farmersfight.....

It appears that Capt. Kate is from the U.S. By chance, do you know if she went to a maritime academy and if yes, which one? (I looked on her YT channel but did not see anything).

Yes, she is the FIRST female captain from the US for a mega cruise ship.  She explains it on Episode 2 of "How I Sea it"

If I were tech savvy, I would link it......alas.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

@farmersfight hopefully you've found her wonderful youtube link. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WickedRed said:

Interesting thank you so much I will check this out. 

• Like 1