Hyatt Regency or Battery Wharf Hotel

ULCajunCruiser

Hi all.   I had previously had a reservation at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor and based on your comments have cancelled it

I was able to make reservations at these 2 hotels:  Hyatt Regency or Battery Wharf Hotel.   Am I moving in the right direction??  Is one of these "better" (I know, very subjective) than the other.   We will be staying there pre-cruise for 2 nights.   October 15 - 17, 2021.    Thanks in advance for any thoughts

2 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Am I moving in the right direction??  Is one of these "better" (I know, very subjective) than the other.

Battery Wharf Hotel is the former Fairmont Battery Wharf and is a very nice place-- much more modern than its former cousin across town, the Fairmont Copley Plaza. When built it was very much a 4.5 star hotel and at least physically will be of a higher quality than the Hyatt Regency. Battery Wharf has large rooms with large bathrooms that have separate tubs and showers. 

I have not stayed there since they are no longer managed by Fairmont but that would be my choice of the two you mentioned. I stay loyal to Fairmont though in Boston and usually will stay at the Copley Plaza which I think has a great atmosphere. 

23 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Battery Wharf Hotel is the former Fairmont Battery Wharf and is a very nice place-- much more modern than its former cousin across town, the Fairmont Copley Plaza. When built it was very much a 4.5 star hotel and at least physically will be of a higher quality than the Hyatt Regency. Battery Wharf has large rooms with large bathrooms that have separate tubs and showers. 

I have not stayed there since they are no longer managed by Fairmont but that would be my choice of the two you mentioned. I stay loyal to Fairmont though in Boston and usually will stay at the Copley Plaza which I think has a great atmosphere. 

Thank you, I am totally in the dark here about Boston, and it's hotels so I really appreciate your comments!!

Just now, ULCajunCruiser said:

Thank you, I am totally in the dark here about Boston, and it's hotels so I really appreciate your comments!!

Happy to help-- I've spent more time in Boston hotels for work than I'd like to admit. The Battery Wharf, assuming the new management company has kept it up which I would, always felt like a Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons lite-- physical furnishing and rooms as nice as those 5 star places, just didn't have all the bells and whistles. But it was also less expensive. I think you'll enjoy it and its an easy place to walk from to the North End, Faneuil Hall, etc. Right on the water next to the Coast Guard Station. 

Boston has an interesting hotel scene-- nice mix of old and new. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Happy to help-- I've spent more time in Boston hotels for work than I'd like to admit. The Battery Wharf, assuming the new management company has kept it up which I would, always felt like a Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons lite-- physical furnishing and rooms as nice as those 5 star places, just didn't have all the bells and whistles. But it was also less expensive. I think you'll enjoy it and its an easy place to walk from to the North End, Faneuil Hall, etc. Right on the water next to the Coast Guard Station. 

Boston has an interesting hotel scene-- nice mix of old and new. 

First time there, looking forward to the adventure

8 hours ago, Nitemare said:

I would pick Battery Wharf over the Hyatt.  There are 2 Hyatt Regencies (plus the airport one), though, so do be certain you are looking at the downtown one and not the one on the Charles River in Cambridge!

Oh didn't know.   I'm booked at the one at:  1 Avenue de Lafayette