Courtyard FLL beach or Ocean Sky Resort?

jason534

I haven't stayed in either but the location of the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach is much better in my mind:

• closer to the airport (much cheaper taxi/uber fare)
  • closer to the port (much cheaper taxi/uber fare)
  • on the Sun Trolley Beach route (www.suntrolley.com)
  • within walking distance of a water taxi stop (www.watertaxi.com)
  • lots of restaurants and bars within a short walk including one of our favorites, Coconuts (www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com)
  • within walking distance/or take the Sun Trolley to Las Olas Blvd (www.lasolasboulevard.com)
  • within walking distance to the Jungle Queen sightseeing boat (www.junglequeen.com)
  • Thanks 1

I've stayed in BOTH hotels you mentioned. Stayed 5 nights pre cruise Thanksgiving week 2018. Courtyard Marriott FFL Beach best location on A1A for the $$$. Right off Las Olas on Seabreeze Blvd. 3 minute walk to the Elbo Room, GREAT pool deck overlooks A1A and the beach. 5 minute walk to the CVS BeachPlace.

My room overlooked the Swimming Hall of Fame and the marina it was awesome. Walked over to COCONUTS and had lunch, walked up to Drunken Taco had a killer lunch best Bloody Mary's on the beach. 

Ocean Sky it's a cool hotel for an older crowd, stay at the Courtyard Marriott one of the best tickets on the beach. Las Olas Beach is one of the beaches on the east coast. 

Courtyard location only way to go. My room was GREAT!! Can't wait to go back. Later Todd

Ocean Sky is way North. Genuinely on the beach, great restaurant had Thanksgiving dinner here in 2016. McDonald's right behind it which was nice especially for breakfast, and munchies😁 late night. Grocery store right down the street. Much older demographic up there. GREAT liquor store in the shopping center behind it, really nice high end liquor store. 

I still like everything about the Courtyard Marriott. Las Olas Beach is WIDE it was PACKED but never crowded always a place to set your stuff down and catch some ray's. 

Btw Coconuts right across the street on the marina I feel is highly overrated, pricey and portions are cheesy. I highly recommend The Quarterdeck it was packed when I was there great people great food, it's right down the street you'll figure it out. 

I saw where the Courtyard Marriott FLL Beach has some great rates right now. If I were you I would stay as long as I could pre, the hotel rates are unbelievable. Have fun.

Drunken Taco best happy hour, 2 for 1 Bloody Mary's until 4pm. Tacos are incredible and the bartender's are SMOKING HOT!! 5 minute walk from the Courtyard Marriott.