No Sail Order Lifted

ceilidh1

20 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

I'll be on the cruise ships out of low risk areas, as long as I don't have a 14-day quarantine at each end.

Which low risk embarkation port?  Los Angeles, NYC, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Galveston are all high risk.

So you have secondary ports with smaller ships embarking to choose from like Charleston,  Mobile, Boston, Baltimore,  Jacksonville, Tampa and New Orleans. 

Everybody has to do what they feel is necessary to get through this nonsense as it effects our vacation plans.

53 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

I have no idea. What will be, will be.

I'm not bothered by distancing and masks. I'll be on the cruise ships out of low risk areas, as long as I don't have a 14-day quarantine at each end.

BTW, did I mention that I had already contracted the disease.

Curious, how was it being infected?  I don;t actually have any family or friends that know they ahd it...but I guess a large majority of people are asymptomatic.

Question:  since most researchers see little chance of reinfections (although some anecdotal information exists for a few cases that ocurred), what are your thoughts on people that have already been infected following a different standard for masks and social distancing?  Just curious...because cruising with a ship full of people that were either positive or had a vaccine should make it quite safe.

17 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Which low risk embarkation port?  Los Angeles, NYC, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Galveston are all high risk.

So you have secondary ports with smaller ships embarking to choose from like Charleston,  Mobile, Boston, Baltimore,  Jacksonville, Tampa and New Orleans. 

Everybody has to do what they feel is necessary to get through this nonsense as it effects our vacation plans.

Maybe Camden is out of control, but last I checked, New York has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.

2 hours ago, generichandle said:

Handcuffed behind the back while in jail might help ...... but I must admit those in complete denial might just need a lobotomy and some toilet training. 

Very mature response.  You have certainly convinced me of your point of view.😂

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thank you, and you are welcome. Glad you finally understand ................. oh, wait, you were attempting sarcasm, weren't you? *snicker* Mine was way better than yours ..... nah, nah! 🤣

There is a very frequent poster on these boards which I'm not permitted to identify who claims to be from Vancouver, Canada.  I have decided to never honor that person's posts with a response ever since that poster stated last spring that he/she wished that I contract Corona Virus and die.

That poster has continually bashed the United States over the months and continues to do so.  The poster also continually bashes any attempts of the United States at returning society back to normal. 

That poster's posts have been mostly wrong and hurtful against Americans.  It is up to you to decide it his/her posts are worthy of a response.

It's in your hands.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Thank you, and you are welcome. Glad you finally understand ................. oh, wait, you were attempting sarcasm, weren't you? *snicker* Mine was way better than yours ..... nah, nah! 🤣

Please grow up and contribute something meaningful to our grown-up discussions of very important life preserving matters.

Edited by Daniel A

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Please grow up and contribute something meaningful to our grown-up discussions of very important life preserving matters.

Don't be a grouch!!!  A little fun is not going to detract from the overall discussion. We get too serious sometimes....

3 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Don't be a grouch!!!  A little fun is not going to detract from the overall discussion. We get too serious sometimes....

So, I'll look to SNL or the Comedy Channel for my information about cruising.  Not being a grouch, just spending my time looking for serious posts and I'll look for my comedy elsewhere.

15 hours ago, caribill said:

What others do concerning masks can make the difference for you to catch the virus or not.

When others decide not to wear masks, you could die from it.

Isn't it nice that now we have leadership that is a little more promoting of good behavior!

9 hours ago, Daniel A said:

People who drive drunk and get caught are arrested and criminally prosecuted.  Are we going to start jailing people who don't wear a mask?  What if they still don't wear a mask while in jail?  Fining people just puts more money into the government's hands and fines are really more of a tax on unlawful conduct. 

So, how do you suggest we enforce a mask mandate?

People who don't want to risk their health by being in a smoking environment generally just don't go to places where smoking is permitted. 

I think in normal times, like on a plane when not wearing a seat belt, you are nicely asked, or entering a store w/o shoes or shirt, asked nicely to leave

During times like now where there is a pandemic and people dying, I think fine/arrest is appropriate.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Please review this thread to see if I have contributed more serious discussion. But when I talk about how others have done VASTLY better against COVID and how they did, the deniers simply ignore it. When I talk about liberty and RESPONSIBILITY [it's concomitant aspect], they actually deny there is a relationship at all. So I use humor to contrast their claims with other parts of our social contract. Live with it!

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Which low risk embarkation port? 

NYC looks okay at the moment. I suppose because of the quarantine they employ. It makes sense to me that there would be an East Asia, Hawaii, Vancouver itinerary. Then, there's the Norwegian fjords.

4 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Curious, how was it being infected?  I don;t actually have any family or friends that know they ahd it...but I guess a large majority of people are asymptomatic.

It's nothing like the common flu. I posted a report some time ago, but can't find it. So...

"

FYI, I'm sure that I had the disease in April/May. Standard symptoms; ill, confusion, coughing, lost of co-ordination, lost of smell and taste. Fortunately, the worst passed in a few days.

Then, two toes on my right foot turned black. Gangrene??

Then, three fingers on my right hand swell to look like sausages. Initially, I thought it was an infection from a cut. But, it disappeared quickly. By the time, I saw a GP, she said that she couldn't see a thing.

Here's the important part. I use to be exceptionally fit. Today, my senior body is a wreck. But, I'm only 5 lbs above my training weight.

So, I don't think that any typical senior person should get the disease. Probably would not end well."

8 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Question:  since most researchers see little chance of reinfections (although some anecdotal information exists for a few cases that ocurred), what are your thoughts on people that have already been infected following a different standard for masks and social distancing?  Just curious...because cruising with a ship full of people that were either positive or had a vaccine should make it quite safe.

would care to provide links to the research that says most researchers say little chance for reinfection?

Most I have seen are uncertain. the studies that have dealt with both anti body and t cell immunity have only specified the periods that have been able to measure about 6 months. No one knows what the situation is at 12 months or 18 months. There certainly been some documented reinfections and we are only about 9 months in.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Many of us are willing to comply, but worried about those that won't.  In Puerto Vallarta now.  Every employee diligent about covid protocols, but a few violators have us on edge.  Btw, they are mostly fron the us and very rude, teling us that this is a hoax!

Try telling that to the 150,000 dead.......some HOAX

5 minutes ago, slug33ukuk said:

Try telling that to the 150,000 dead.......some HOAX

Try telling that to SEC Football Fans - 3 games suspended this week including Texas A&M at Tennessee and Alabama/LSU

now this is serious !! 🍻

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

and another game bites the dust - Georgia v Missouri ...

and lots of students at these Universities will be traveling back home for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks ...

will classes go all virtual after that ??

cruising is on hold for a reason