December Cancellations Soon?

JT1962

The dreaded “Oh Snap” message is now showing when you search December cruises on the Carnival website.  In the past, this has meant that a cancellation announcement was coming soon.

This would not be surprising after the CDC updates today that will require time to meet all of the requirements to resume sailing. I believe one of the requirements was to give a 60 day notice of when they plan to resume sailings in US waters.  That would be almost January 1 if they give notice in the next day or two.

5E9BE5A9-A07B-42D8-8C72-9B15BDE54139.png

I don't know but I did see this article earlier today asking the same:

"Will Carnival Cruise Line relaunch service in December?

It appears changes may be coming as the Miami-based cruise company removed all December sailings from its website at the end of October. There were previously multiple cruises available for booking.

The move came just a day after the CDC dropped its “No Sail” order in favor of a  Conditional Framework approach to have cruise lines return to service.

Previously Carnival had trimmed its December deployment, opting to concentrate on just a handful of ships sailing short cruises from Miami and Port Canaveral in a staggered, phased in resumption of service.

Ships involved included the Conquest, Horizon and Sunrise from Miami, while the Elation, Liberty and Breeze were potentially poised to sail from Port Canaveral".

The line will now not only need to certify its ships with a 30-day notice from the Department of Justice, but also apply for a CDC permit to conduct cruise operations with new health and safety protocols.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23796-carnival-removes-december-cruises-from-website.html

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

December may just be the month on non-rev cruises. Carnival might let those already booked volunteer for a free cruise.

Thats what i am thinking. the test cruises will likely  happen in dec. id love to volunteer 

Dec is blocked out for bocking a new cruise now. 

How does everyone know that they haven’t already filed paperwork to get the ball rolling? It’s not like they have to “announce to the public” their intent to re-enter. 

my best educated guess is they will start with employee only cruises maybe in December so there is nobody complaining about not getting to experience this or that and it does not put general public at risk. They can use the test cruises as training. This would also ensure that most everyone on those sailings had medical coverage... since it’s CCL health insurance. Just spitballing here...

But if these go ok, it might be free-be cruises (gamblers watch for offers)!! Then to general public best guess... January. And volunteers 

but I would think it would be 1 or 2 ships only to be evaluated at first, they then can roll out everything on additional ships utilizing what they learn from these test cruises. 1 from Miami (my $ is on the Horizon being first out the gate) then a Canaveral ship ( Prob Breeze). It will be interesting what they do with other ports (I imagine California ports will be slower to allow but who knows???

but I definitely think they have started with filing paperwork already... it just not public

• Like 2