Log-out not working after upgrade

The overnight update to the forum (11/4-5/20) does not allow me to sign out. I click on it (where it was moved to, under my name), but all that does is take me to the general list of forums page. It should log me out, but leave me on the HAL page. 

2 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Right now the Log OUT button has been restored to the very top blue nav bar.  That should work to log you out

Thanks for your patience

yes, Jenn - that works for me now.   I appreciate all you do for us😀

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

Right now the Log OUT button has been restored to the very top blue nav bar.  That should work to log you out

The log out button worked for a while but now unable to log out again  (Chrome on a Mac).

I hit the log out button; it logs out ............... but then immediately logs back in again automatically.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, flossie009 said:

The log out button worked for a while but now unable to log out again  (Chrome on a Mac).

I hit the log out button; it logs out ............... but then immediately logs back in again automatically.

Update: Today the log-out works OK again 🤞

Edited by flossie009
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I try to log OUT of the forums page, I am immediately and automatically logged back IN after my computer finishes the mechanizations to log me out. I can log out if I return to the cruise critic HOME page, but if I then go back to the forums, I find that I am already (still) logged in on that page. I am using microsoft edge on a laptop. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

I also just noticed that when I log out at the cruise critic home page and leave to go to another website, that when I return to cruise critic I am somehow automatically logged back into the home page. Apparently, I can't escape cruise critic. I'm considering deleting my account (if cruise critic will even allow me to do THAT), but would hate to do that.

5 hours ago, the_scarecrow_in_oz said:

I also just noticed that when I log out at the cruise critic home page and leave to go to another website, that when I return to cruise critic I am somehow automatically logged back into the home page. Apparently, I can't escape cruise critic. I'm considering deleting my account (if cruise critic will even allow me to do THAT), but would hate to do that.

Why do you need to be logged out? I never log out. I stay logged in when I go to another website, I don't log out.  I have about 20 tabs open at a time. The only time I am logged out is about once a week Cruise Critic makes me log back in.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:11 AM, the_scarecrow_in_oz said:

When I try to log OUT of the forums page, I am immediately and automatically logged back IN after my computer finishes the mechanizations to log me out. I can log out if I return to the cruise critic HOME page, but if I then go back to the forums, I find that I am already (still) logged in on that page. I am using microsoft edge on a laptop. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

Same thing is happening to me.

9 hours ago, Quilting Queen said:

Maybe the moderator can explain this to you.    I think this is a function of your computer and you need to check your settings.

Norine

It is not a function of the computer, it worked fine until today. Now, it doesn't log out anymore. Something has changed.

Howdy all! emo22.gif

The thread titled Why am I not able to log OUT of the forums? has been merged into an existing thread that @CC Help Jenn is following.

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, flossie009 said:

Update: Today the log-out works OK again 🤞

Further update: log-out not working again 🙄

On 4/2/2021 at 3:11 PM, the_scarecrow_in_oz said:

Same issue, using Chrome on a Mac ☹️

This is being looked into - it has been very intermittent for myself.  After clearing cruise critic cookies I have been able to log out for maybe the past week most of the time.  However I haven't received word that the fix was fully in place and that the work is done.   

Will update when I know more

• Thanks 2