How this for optimistic I bought a new passport holder today ,have you bought anything for your next cruise.

dolittle

I bought a new Passport holder today at Walmart it faux leather from the very prestigious line of American Tourister  $ 3.10 in the clearance aisle . Have you bought anything to cheer you up or make you forget this mess. I would think all these companies are hurting like luggage stores it amazing how many of these there are and they are pretty high end .Please let this nightmare end soon.

We have bought quite a bit of cruise clothing, plus two pieces of luggage (as if we didn't already have enough of both).

Everyone has been cleaning out their closets the last few months, and donating to charity stores.  So much so that some of the stores are selling all clothing for $1 each.  I like the work of the charity, and I would be foolish to pass up some of the high-end garments that fit me perfectly, so I consider it a win-win.  We will go through our collection of luggage, donate some, and maybe some other optimistic cruisers will snap it up.

Both of my jobs ended abruptly in March, so we are now free to cruise any time of year, including on short notice.  We are watching and hoping, and optimistic.

• Like 2

No clothes, but I was renewing my passport in March, and had difficulty because two photographs were refused. Eventually the new passport arrived on March 10th.

All elderly and vulnerable people entered lockdown on March 17th...

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My children normally buy me tee shirts with funny or unusual sayings to wear on cruises. They bought me three recently.I now have 15 that I have yet to wear.

That may be a good thing.

Probably some of my new camping stuff can double as cruise stuff:  personal cutlery and straw in a nice case, MPOWRD solar powered lights (a string to add fun to the room), a MPOWRD solar smashable lantern for emergency, my tie dye Chacos for sandals around the ship, my Hydroflask bottle and wine glass.  It would be interesting to see if I could rig my ENO hammock out on the balcony 😷

Well, we booked a new cruise for November, 2021, for destinations that have closed borders currently.  I think that's optimistic!  We already have all our cruise accoutrements.  We did get new passports in March of this year for a May cruise that was cancelled.  Does that count?

On 11/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, jocap said:

No clothes, but I was renewing my passport in March, and had difficulty because two photographs were refused. Eventually the new passport arrived on March 10th.

All elderly and vulnerable people entered lockdown on March 17th...

We went a step further and renewed our Global Traveler ID's last month.     Was REALLY weird to go into the international arrivals building at JFK at 6pm....    It was TOTALLY empty.   I looked at my wife and asked if the Zombie apocalypses had occurred.  On the plus side the Customs guys were really relaxed and laid back, and we got a great price on a room for the night at the TWA hotel.  (And the restaurant there is absolutely GREAT By the way!)  

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 3:32 PM, getting older slowly said:

Not really... everything is stored,

passports, clock, small knife to cut fruit, suit jacket, cases, mini pocketknife , wallet for foreign monies.. 

Now it is wait and see ....  Don

Several things here that I've seen on others lists and related. Over 30 years ago I gave Bob a "document case." It's the size of a boarding pass, leather, multiple compartments, opens like a book and snaps closed. It holds everything.  I don't use my phone when out of the country but use it as a clock. Could you get your cabin attendant to leave a knife for your fruit? Our document case has enough compartments to hold various currencies. We rarely buy anything for any type of travel.

My canceled cruise was to the Amazon and my new cruise is the Voyage of the Vikings so that is requiring a wardrobe shuffle.  Either way I did buy at the end of the season DEET and Mosquitos head nets.  So exciting, I know.  I am on the lookout for a nice cashmere shell or camisole.  

On 11/7/2020 at 5:47 AM, Hflors said:

We are adopting a new puppy, does that count??? Dh seems to enjoy sitting with him.  We bring him home right after Thanksgiving.

P_20201104_123004_HDR.jpg

I don't know if your hubby is going to want to cruise if he has to leave his puppy.  ❤️