All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

I'm going to make a prediction that there will be two price points - room only and "all inclusive" and that the "all inclusive" will include the Classic Drink Package, with Suites getting the Premium Drink Package.  This would put them more roughly even on a playing field with Princess.

I have registered for the 4:15pm Webinar tomorrow (first one) and will report back as I get information - unless someone else beats me to it :)

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I'm going to make a prediction that there will be two price points - room only and "all inclusive" and that the "all inclusive" will include the Classic Drink Package.  This would put them more roughly even on a playing field with Princess.

I have registered for the 4:15pm Webinar tomorrow (first one) and will report back as I get information - unless someone else beats me to it 🙂

Great!  I look forward to your report.  I don't have time for the webinar at the moment.  And your prediction would be welcome.  I prefer to purchase benefits/amenities that add value to me personally, not some pre-determined package.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Great!  I look forward to your report.  I don't have time for the webinar at the moment.  And your prediction would be welcome.  I prefer to purchase benefits/amenities that add value to me personally, not some pre-determined package.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict that if a room only rate is offered it will ONLY be available as a non-refundable deposit fare.  RCG seems to want to move EVERYTHING to NRD that they can.

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree, particularly since many of these benefits are the same perks we receive when we book with the Cruise TA we always uses for cruises!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I'm going to make a prediction that there will be two price points - room only and "all inclusive" and that the "all inclusive" will include the Classic Drink Package, with Suites getting the Premium Drink Package.  This would put them more roughly even on a playing field with Princess.

I have registered for the 4:15pm Webinar tomorrow (first one) and will report back as I get information - unless someone else beats me to it 🙂

Can you post a link to the webinar?  I cannot find it.

2 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Is the webinar only for travel agents? I am Zenith many times over and have no invite !!!

Yes - only for Travel Agents.  There are 7 webinars between Tomorrow and Friday.  After the Travel Agents have all gotten the details the new pricing structure / brand campaign will be launched to the public - assuming early next week

For years there have been people wanting tips included in cruise pricing. Personally I am a fan if the price initially shown for a cruise is the ‘inclusive’ price. It’s frustrating to price out a cruise only to get a page or two in and have price jump up $500-$1000 per person.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, suenneil said:

according to the website this doesnt apply to the UK or not yet, again we are discriminated against.  Need a good US agent.

I think we have to wait and see what comes out, who knows what is happening here. Have you asked a travel agent - I have and things are happening but she could not tell me yet!!

18 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict that if a room only rate is offered it will ONLY be available as a non-refundable deposit fare.  RCG seems to want to move EVERYTHING to NRD that they can.

How well has that been working for them? 

Neil

56 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

As stated above, it is targeted for suites...

bon voyage

More info was released and it is not targeted only at suite passenger. However there are apparently two different versions at two price points ($30 and $60pp/pd) and still NRD and refundable options. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 9.36.24 AM.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I think we have to wait and see what comes out, who knows what is happening here. Have you asked a travel agent - I have and things are happening but she could not tell me yet!!

thank you, we have 2 cruises booked direct with Celebrity and 1 with an agent.   Hope they apply retrospectively

Edited by suenneil