Flying Within Europe

klfrodo

USA Passports

1. Flying to LHR - Of course we will pass thru Passport Control and Immigrations

2. We will be taking Eurostar from Pancras Station to Gare du Nord - I'm aware that there is Passport Control prior to boarding the train at Pancras Station. Is there another Passport Control or Immigrations check once we arrive in Paris.

3. We will be flying from NTE to FCO via CDG. Will there be another passport control and Immigrations that we go thru? 

4. Same question as #3 but we fly from FCO to BCN.

5. Finally BCN to ORD via LHR. I'm assuming passport control at LHR and I'm quit sure of Passport Control, Immigrations, and Customs once we land at ORD.

***not sure if it makes any difference but all flights are in business class.***

26 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

USA Passports

1. Flying to LHR - Of course we will pass thru Passport Control and Immigrations

2. We will be taking Eurostar from Pancras Station to Gare du Nord - I'm aware that there is Passport Control prior to boarding the train at Pancras Station. Is there another Passport Control or Immigrations check once we arrive in Paris.

3. We will be flying from NTE to FCO via CDG. Will there be another passport control and Immigrations that we go thru? 

4. Same question as #3 but we fly from FCO to BCN.

5. Finally BCN to ORD via LHR. I'm assuming passport control at LHR and I'm quit sure of Passport Control, Immigrations, and Customs once we land at ORD.

***not sure if it makes any difference but all flights are in business class.***

2. It has been a few years since I have done Eurostar, but I believe French immigration will be at the station in the UK (after security). You'd clear UK exit immigration, and then French/Schengen entry immigration.

3. No. You'll use your passport as a photo ID at the airport, but that's it as far as your passport goes. France and Italy are both part of Schengen, so they operate essentially under one immigration system. It'll be like going from Washington to Oregon. 

4. Same with Italy and Spain. 

5. If you are on one ticket, you will exit Spanish/Schengen immigration in Barcelona, and then be subject to a documents check and security check at LHR...but this is not immigration and you will not be entering the UK. Then, yes, passport control/immigration (same thing) and customs at O'Hare. If you are on separate tickets at LHR, this changes thing and you may have to clear UK immigration. 

2 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

5. If you are on one ticket, you will exit Spanish/Schengen immigration in Barcelona, and then be subject to a documents check and security check at LHR...but this is not immigration and you will not be entering the UK. Then, yes, passport control/immigration (same thing) and customs at O'Hare. If you are on separate tickets at LHR, this changes thing and you may have to clear UK immigration. 

Thank you

Nope, one ticket. BCN to ORD on BA with a plane change in LHR. Hopefully, the LHR to ORD segment remains with the A380 though the A380's are on life support. Just want to experience the 380 once.

8 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Thank you

Nope, one ticket. BCN to ORD on BA with a plane change in LHR. Hopefully, the LHR to ORD segment remains with the A380 though the A380's are on life support. Just want to experience the 380 once.

I would be shocked if LHR-ORD saw a BA A380 again. Even with the OneWorld hub-to-hub traffic, like you said, the A380 is on its way out. Even if traffic picks back up and BA starts putting bigger plans on LHR-ORD (think it's mostly 787-8/-9 now), I envision it being the A350, not the A380. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - the A380 is a wonderful aircraft, I have always enjoyed my flights on it.