FCC One per Person

Hi,

I just got off the phone with a RCCL rep. He informed me that I can only use one FCC per person. This was  different than what I was told a couple of months ago. What has everyone's experience been with redeeming more than one FCC for one sailing. Can I use a second FCC for OBC, or do I need to have two sailings to use all of my FCC?  I have three FCC two in my name and one in my husband's. The rep said one FCC per person.  A couple of months ago I was told that I could use the third one for OBC. It was a GC that I had redeemed for OBC, but when the sailing was cancelled it went to a FCC. 

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

ML

1 hour ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

I just got off the phone with a RCCL rep. He informed me that I can only use one FCC per person. This was  different than what I was told a couple of months ago. What has everyone's experience been with redeeming more than one FCC for one sailing. Can I use a second FCC for OBC, or do I need to have two sailings to use all of my FCC?  I have three FCC two in my name and one in my husband's. The rep said one FCC per person.  A couple of months ago I was told that I could use the third one for OBC. It was a GC that I had redeemed for OBC, but when the sailing was cancelled it went to a FCC. 

ML

I fear that you were misinformed a couple of months ago.  This is one area where Royal has been extremely strict and completely unyielding.  One FCC per person, per cruise.  To my knowledge, FCC's have never ever been able to be used for OBC.  Cruise planner FCC's can be used for CP purchases only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

ML

About the time covid started I heard of some stacking of fcc, but then they stuck to the rules, which state what you said one fcc pp. It's in the rules currently so would be hard to fight if you didnt get it in writing as a exception.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding and they thought you meant use 2, one for you and one for hubby. 

Carnival turns excess fcc into obc. Never heard of it here. If there is excess it is reissued and have to use on another booking.

I think the real issue here is that the OP used a gift card to purchase OBC, and then when the cruise was canceled the OBC was refunded as FCC, but separately from the cruise fare. 

One cruise resulted in two FCCs. 

Now she can't use those two FCCs for one cruise, and she can't get her OBC back.

This needs to be treated as an exception to the "One FCC per person" rule. 

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I wonder what happens when you use an FCC on a cruise and then that cruise is cancelled. Do they combine the original FCC amount with any other payments and issue a new FCC for the total, or do they issue two FCCs?

If rcl cancels, would be issued as one fcc, per my understanding from @Ourusualbeachposts

6 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I think the real issue here is that the OP used a gift card to purchase OBC, and then when the cruise was canceled the OBC was refunded as FCC, but separately from the cruise fare. 

One cruise resulted in two FCCs. 

Now she can't use those two FCCs for one cruise, and she can't get her OBC back.

This needs to be treated as an exception to the "One FCC per person" rule. 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is exactly what happened. That is why that rep said that. However I do not have it in writing. Unfortunately I can not change the FCC to a cash refund. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

That is exactly what happened. That is why that rep said that. However I do not have it in writing. Unfortunately I can not change the FCC to a cash refund. 

Not sure if my situation is totally identical to yours...

I had applied a $100 gift certificate from our DIL to our Allure TA cruise as OBC.  The cruise was later canceled by RC.  When I decided on the future cruise I wanted the original gift certificate (OBC) to be re-applied to, I simply sent an email to coupons@rccl.com and it was promptly applied within several days. And I'd already applied a FCC from the canceled cruise to the new sailing.

Hope it works out for you!

21 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Since the second FCC was a result of something that was not related to the cruise fare I would keep escalating this until you get someone that will allow you to apply it..  try post cruise guest relations. 1.800.256.6649

Contact the Crown & Anchor desk (CrownAndAnchor@rccl.com). RCCL is allowing FCC's issued to the same person for COVID-19 cancellation reasons to be applied (stacked) on a single sailing for that person's cruise fare.

I've had it done.

6 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Contact the Crown & Anchor desk (CrownAndAnchor@rccl.com). RCCL is allowing FCC's issued to the same person for COVID-19 cancellation reasons to be applied (stacked) on a single sailing for that person's cruise fare.

I've had it done.

You have been the only one that has reported that on here.  An exception was made for whatever reason for your specific situation.  Others including myself have tried and at levels higher than the C&A desk and been repeatedly told no. 

• Like 1

We have certainly had OBC from cancelled cruise planner purchases applied to new cruises that we also applied regular Future Cruise Credits to.  Both had 125% returned, and both had similar code numbers.  It was pretty easy to use the link on the Royal home page to apply the OBC codes to a booked cruise.  The "Redeem your Future Cruise Credit" link takes either FCC or Cruise Planner Credit numbers.  Note that the emails we got with these numbers clearly stated which was which - we didn't get two FCCs.

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have been the only one that has reported that on here.  An exception was made for whatever reason for your specific situation.  Others including myself have tried and at levels higher than the C&A desk and been repeatedly told no. 

You keep saying an exception was made for me. I simply sent an email regarding another issue and as part of it asked about applying multiple FCC's to an individual cruise as I was concerned with getting too many different FCC's to use before they all expire. And I was told explicitly in writing:

"Regarding your Future Cruise Certificates, each one we have issued to you is in our records under the original booking number it was issued under. We are allowing people to “stack” their certificates for their sailings that were cancelled. You do not have to use them on separate sailings. I know it can be confusing when there are many issued like in your case, but we have record of all of them and you can stack them together."

And they've done it.

So, you know, every time I see someone asking the question, I reply with what I've done. Nothing special. Just asked and answered and followed up successfully applying two FCC's from different sailings in my name to one sailing in my name.

And I'll be doing more, but my next booking that has a balance due isn't until October 2021, and I will add more sailings before then if things restart so am not applying FCCs to anything until we either get closer to that date or sailing begins and I make a booking I know will likely sail. I'm waiting now on yet one more FCC, and I suspect come January's sailings will have yet another FCC to be issued, leaving me at 8 plus one towards cruise planner purchases.

11 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You keep saying an exception was made for me. I simply sent an email regarding another issue and as part of it asked about applying multiple FCC's to an individual cruise as I was concerned with getting too many different FCC's to use before they all expire. And I was told explicitly in writing:

"Regarding your Future Cruise Certificates, each one we have issued to you is in our records under the original booking number it was issued under. We are allowing people to “stack” their certificates for their sailings that were cancelled. You do not have to use them on separate sailings. I know it can be confusing when there are many issued like in your case, but we have record of all of them and you can stack them together."

And they've done it.

So, you know, every time I see someone asking the question, I reply with what I've done. Nothing special. Just asked and answered and followed up successfully applying two FCC's from different sailings in my name to one sailing in my name.

And I'll be doing more, but my next booking that has a balance due isn't until October 2021, and I will add more sailings before then if things restart so am not applying FCCs to anything until we either get closer to that date or sailing begins and I make a booking I know will likely sail. I'm waiting now on yet one more FCC, and I suspect come January's sailings will have yet another FCC to be issued, leaving me at 8 plus one towards cruise planner purchases.

Exceptions are made for a variety of reasons but they are rare and because an exception was made in one situation does not mean that they will be made across the board.  Also, it is not uncommon for Royal’s sometimes  poorly trained reps to make a mistake in interpreting policy.

Whenever  you post what happened to you I will post the facts as they are listed on Royal’s website as well as my own personal experiences and any other relevant information so that people reading your post do not get their hopes up only to find out that they can’t do this.

Heres the facts;

From Royals cruise with confidence policy that was updated Sept 29th.

29. Can my client use more than one Future Cruise Credit to pay for his/her cruise fare?

At this time, only one FCC can be applied to each guest in a reservation. Future Cruise Credits are not stackable.

From the Global Suspension policy updated November 10th

19. CanmyclientusemorethanoneFutureCruiseCredittopayforhis/hercruisefare?

At this time, only one FCC can be applied to each guest in a reservation. Future Cruise Credits are not
stackable.

In addition to those clear FAQ’s, you are the only person that I recall reading about on here that has been able to do this.

I have attempted this numerous times for clients and have been rejected every time.

I have received the same response from my strategic account manager at Royal when I escalated this.

The only exception that I have seen to this was from the early days of FCC’s being issued where a person applied a FCC to a cruise as well as paid cash.  When that sailing was cancelled Royal issued two FCC’s as opposed to the current policy of combining all that money FCC into one FCC.  For those situations they did allow them to be stacked as they resulted from one cruise.  

Until such time as the terms and conditions change or I see others posting of similar experiences I will continue to believe that for whatever reason your experience was a one off and should not be expected to be repeated for anyone else. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m concerned about this policy of one FCC per person. We took the 125% FCC for our Aug 2020 Alaska cruise (cancelled in June by RC) , and were quickly issued the FCC and received the refunds for the taxes/fees. About 1-2 months ago we received an email from RC indicating that they sent a refund, and that it might have happened in error, so we contacted our TA to find out what happened. Strangely we did get small refunds back at the end of July which we never noticed,  and some new FCCs were issued. So now, instead of having a single FCC, we have 2 FCC each from the same booking. The new FCC are for small amounts ranging from $11 to $81. I certainly hope I don’t have to book a second cruise to use these second FCC that were a result of an error made by RC! Our Feb 2021 cruise was just cancelled today, as expected, and we are tempted to take the 125%FCC. With the limitation of 1 FCC per person, plus the requirement to use the FCC on a cruise before the end of April 2022, we’re debating if this is the right option. Really hoping RC will release extended dates for their use.

12 minutes ago, karebare22 said:

I’m concerned about this policy of one FCC per person. We took the 125% FCC for our Aug 2020 Alaska cruise (cancelled in June by RC) , and were quickly issued the FCC and received the refunds for the taxes/fees. About 1-2 months ago we received an email from RC indicating that they sent a refund, and that it might have happened in error, so we contacted our TA to find out what happened. Strangely we did get small refunds back at the end of July which we never noticed,  and some new FCCs were issued. So now, instead of having a single FCC, we have 2 FCC each from the same booking. The new FCC are for small amounts ranging from $11 to $81. I certainly hope I don’t have to book a second cruise to use these second FCC that were a result of an error made by RC! Our Feb 2021 cruise was just cancelled today, as expected, and we are tempted to take the 125%FCC. With the limitation of 1 FCC per person, plus the requirement to use the FCC on a cruise before the end of April 2022, we’re debating if this is the right option. Really hoping RC will release extended dates for their use.

I'm guessing but imo the rules will not change until we get near the end of january when the current lift and shift expires. I just hope well enough before people have time before to make choices.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, RFerrington said:

I fear that you were misinformed a couple of months ago.  This is one area where Royal has been extremely strict and completely unyielding.  One FCC per person, per cruise.  To my knowledge, FCC's have never ever been able to be used for OBC.  Cruise planner FCC's can be used for CP purchases only.

Just for clarification, FCCs can be used towards cruise planner activities costs.

49 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Just for clarification, FCCs can be used towards cruise planner activities costs.

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you saying that a FCC that I have from cruise fare can also be used towards purchases from cruise planner?   

FCC can only be used for cruise fare.  OBC can be used for cruise planner. You can't swap between the two types of credits.  

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

No they can’t. 

FCC’s  issued from cancelled cruises can only be used towards cruise fare.

FOBC’s issued from cruise planner purchases from a cancelled sailing can only be used towards cruise planner purchases. 

the two different cruise credits are not interchangeable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No they can’t. 

FCC’s  issued from cancelled cruises can only be used towards cruise fare.

FOBC’s issued from cruise planner purchases from a cancelled sailing can only be used towards cruise planner purchases. 

the two different cruise credits are not interchangeable. 

Thanks for clarifying.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, dswallow said:

And they've done it.

I had a similar experience I emailed RC about my payment and asks them to apply a second FCC and explained the need to do so and the representative sent a response it wasn’t allowed but would authorize it this one time. 

So yes it is currently not allowed per policy but sending an email or calling and asking doesn’t hurt.  Just be prepared for them to say no and if they do grant the exception that’s a bonus.