Th. Nov. 12th, 2020 weigh-in

winewanderer

Diana,  Thanks still lazy but did do a few things. Washing clothes and made chili today.

Rain coming and it sounded good.  I hate that it gets so dark so early and when it rains

it's worse.

Ombud...Yes Ca is getting worse. Other states are even worse. Why can't people understand

the importance of masks,  no big groups, parties ect. Places wouldn't be closing again or

not opening at all. Don't they care about their kids?

Jan glad your daughter and sil will be with you. Before you weren't having anyone over and

you were sad.

Mel nice you had all that food left over and your ready for Thanksgiving.

Everyone take care and be safe.

• Like 1

Ombud - be careful with the fence. I picture myself in that situation and it becomes an I Love Lucy episode. 😆

Diana - It really was so good. I'm just worried I'll mess something up, and the dish won't live up to expectations. I may have to get DH to make it - he's the cook in the family.

Belle - Washing clothes is the worst part about the vacation! I don't mind before we go because it's part of the planning fun to think about what I'll wear, but after is just a sad reminder that the vacation is over. It's almost chili weather here. It's supposed to be 55° and rainy on Monday, so I think I'll make it then.

Our numbers are still going up too, but nothing's changing yet. The Dallas county judge has asked the Gov. to close things again, but so far no reply. They are close to 1500 new cases every day now in just that county. I'm the county just north and we're closer to 300. I have another 2 wedding weekend (but both small), and then I don't have anything until Dec 19. I think the December weddings will have to reschedule - surely they'll start re-closing things again soon. 

Afternoon All

Mel glad you have some work but you be careful, hear TX counts are really high. 

Trouble when you have to go/do something dealing with others you don't know

how safely the live their lives.

Hope everyone is doing well.  So quiet in here.  Are you/other people just plain

tired of everything and don't want to talk?

Take care and be safe.  From Me:classic_smile:

Hello,

Belle, me too, I don't like the early darkness. This winter is going to blow. Lousy weather, everything closed. I love being outside so much as all of you know. Ugh....

Rainy day here. Good day for soup. We had veggie soup for lunch and hubby is making shrimp/scallop chowder for dinner (not as lowfat but not too horrible).

Interesting in our county the board of supervisors recinded the health emergency and on top that has stated that the county will not follow the restrictions imposed by the state. They have stated that businesses need to do whatever they see fit to survive. But businesses, thank goodness, are following the restrictions.

Most restaurants we were going to went back to takeout or delivery only, not even outdoor dining. Also stores have limits of number of people at one time, etc. We're all scared.

Mel, I'm sure the roast squash will turn out great. Good you have some business. Yes, I'm sure closures are coming in your area.

Have a good evening. Diana

I think I need a friend right now.  We had been doing so well within Maine.  The county that I live in was down to 12 cases of covid and then "boom" we are now up to 143 active cases.  I know that it is so much less than other areas, but still large for here.

Our youngest son stopped by yesterday and my DH & I gave him a hug as he was leaving ... it was so great to see him (and he and his spouse have both lost 25# on their diet.  My son probably has another 100# to go ... he is 6'4" and carries weight very well).  I am so proud of everything he has accomplished.  He just finished his bachelors and is now working on his masters ... he wants to be a therapist (he works with kids).  On Monday he was meeting with a client and had another worker with him .... everyone was masked.  Later that day he was told that one person had covid and he was probably exposed and he needed to quarantine until the results came in.  My son stopped at my house that night and DH and I spent time talking with him and both of us hugged him .... we have now been told we also need to quarantine.  I'm sure everything will be fine ... but, I so worry about my son ... it is rough!!!

Other than that everything is going good ... I've kept to my healthy eating, but somehow think I have gained almost 2#  ... I don't understand why. 

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

Diana like you I hate winter. I made chili and cornbread. Too many carbs

but love it and have leftovers. Don't think I'll have a loss on Thursday.

That's the trouble, too many states and counties not following the rules.

If would of kept lock down longer and people wore masks we wouldn't 

be where we are now. My opinion only.

Like I said before It's like we're watching a movie but the trouble is... we're in it.:classic_ohmy:

Jan was typing this as you came in. Pray that your son, his family and you two are fine.

Everyone was wearing masks so it makes it less chance for your son to get it.

Same here our counts were low for a long time and last three months have just gone

up a lot and with deaths. I know it's less then other places but to much. The deaths didn't

have to happen if this was handled right in January. I think you "know who" should be

held and charged.  Again my opinion only.

• Like 1

Remember a while ago was talking about the days going slow but fast.

Take it back..with the time change and getting dark so soon the days are.........

..So Slow. Anyone feel that way too?

I tell you with The virus counts up, Stupid people not wearing masks and not staying the distance

The election not over yet and all the nonsense he's causing and now being dark at 5 Pm.

I'm over it already.  When is Spring? I want to cruise.  Plus this week I've eaten to much.

Know it started with my few days away. I'll get back on track even though I don't feel like it.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself but you with a husband or kids or both at home. feel yourself

lucky (even if their driving you crazy) You have someone to talk to and to keep busy with.

Helps your day go faster. Plus your a family and you can hug and kiss each other.  I can't do

that with my kids because of working with the public.

I tell you the this year 2020 will go down in History.

Please I'm just venting, blowing off steam..whatever you want to call it, nothing serious

because  I know there are family's worse off. Not working, illness, deaths in the family

I know I'm lucky to have a roof over my head and money. My kids are OK.

I pray for everyone that are going though hard times and hope all this ends soon.

• Like 1

HI all!

Belle ~ it's okay to blow off steam here.  I think we all feel the same, not liking the cold, the dark, staying away from family.

I just got the email that my Carnival cruise in Feb is cancelled which is fine but now I have to know what NCL is doing for the cruise I booked for the week before! Hopefully they cancel it too & I can do something about my airfare. This is the 3rd cruise I didn't get to go on which is nothing compared to what some are going through during this pandemic!!

You all have Thanksgiving coming up next week & still have lots to be thankful for, right?

Take care & stay safe! Numbers in the cities here are going up too. Makes me almost glad I live outside a small town.😉

~ Jo ~ 😊

Mel, there's a fort on this side so it's just dropping down on the other side. If I chicken out on climbing back my dtr can hope it, get the car, pick me up in the closed parking lot. I used to be good on climbing fences but I'm older now

Jan, this 3rd surge is hitting us all. But your area especially hard. Wow just wow!! A 1000% increase

Belle, I totally get it. Some days now (Sunday, Monday only saw dentist, yesterday) I hardly see anyone. I'm bored. So we went to the dog park this morning but left when 8 people were there

This is getting weird!! Dublin (a few towns south) is out of toilet paper. Our store this morning had plenty. Yes, I went inside. I now have enough food for 3 weeks including 2 holidays. Not stocking up just minimizing trips

Jan..How is your son? Results yet?  Your doing ok?

Jo...Sorry about your cruise.  Reading it this morning and knowing it will be all

lines soon. It was 'the straw that broke the camel's back"  Nothing to look forward too.

Why didn't the CDC tell them all the rules sooner. They would have their ships here in

the USA instead every where else. Then to say they have to be here by Dec. 31st to even sail when they past the tests.

Ombud...It's crazy on the shortages, think it will get worse in some places because counts

up all over. At my daughters store all the turkeys and thanksgiving stuff is gone. More people

staying home and cooking.

Everyone take care. Sorry we all have to go though this year of 2020.