Is the Equinox Revolutionized?

sp2

Hi all, been away from Cruise Critic since the pandemic was declared so apologies if this has been discussed. I did do a search but couldn’t find any recent comments.

We were supposed to be on Equinox tomorrow 😢 leaving from FLL for 12 day cruise. Feeling sad, I looked up where Equinox is positioned right now. It shows she spent 5 days this week in Freeport. Just curious whether anyone knows, was she getting any upgrades during this time? I think I read some time back she had only been partly “revolutionized”?  Just curious. TIA 😊

Edited by sp2

Equinox received a partial Revolution while is drydock.  The link below is to a thread discussing the changes made.

I was on the Equinox in March (the last sailing before the cruise shutdown) and other than the hull being blue and some minor items I really didn't notice a whole lot different.  I was in a Concierge Cabin which had new deck furniture but the cabin itself was not changed.

Sorry you aren't on your cruise.  Stay Safe!

The new balcony furniture is not as comfortable as pre-revolution. New decor in the Passport bar area. Unfortunately the Retreat is without a water feature and is accessed only by stairs; very little shade and no bar. However, the service is fine there as the servers get your drinks from the Sky lounge one deck down by crew stairs. Michael's Club has new furniture and lighting. Very bright and there too, the furniture is less comfortable then pre-revolution. 

We were on her in September 2019 in a RS. There was a Retreat deck but no water feature or bar so limited value.

The ship was in good shape. Our cabin has new sofa, chair and bedding. We are fairly sure same carpets and curtains as when we cruised her some years before (no big deal all still in good order). Balcony furnishings were new but uncomfortable.

Much of the ship seemed unchanged but to us that wasn’t a bad thing...

Speciality restaurants were fantastic for food quality and service...

Despite her upgrades being ‘partial’ I would happily sail on her tomorrow!

Best wishes for a fantastic next cruise!

Just now, chemmo said:

We were on her in September 2019 in a RS. There was a Retreat deck but no water feature or bar so limited value.

The ship was in good shape. Our cabin had a  new sofa, chair and bedding. We are fairly sure same carpets and curtains as when we cruised her some years before (no big deal all still in good order). Balcony furnishings were new but uncomfortable.

Much of the ship seemed unchanged but to us that wasn’t a bad thing...

Speciality restaurants were fantastic for food quality and service...

Despite her upgrades being ‘partial’ I would happily sail on her tomorrow!

Best wishes for a fantastic next cruise!

8 hours ago, sp2 said:

Hi all, been away from Cruise Critic since the pandemic was declared so apologies if this has been discussed. I did do a search but couldn’t find any recent comments.

We were supposed to be on Equinox tomorrow 😢 leaving from FLL for 12 day cruise. Feeling sad, I looked up where Equinox is positioned right now. It shows she spent 5 days this week in Freeport. Just curious whether anyone knows, was she getting any upgrades during this time? I think I read some time back she had only been partly “revolutionized”?  Just curious. TIA 😊

I was on the ship just before it went in for the "revolutionizing".    The ship was looking tired.  The artwork in the common areas did not compare to that on other S-class ships.  Patio furniture needed a good paint job.  The good part of the update was that the planned reduction of the Sky Lounge did not occur.  We were in Aqua class and our room had new carpeting, curtains and sofa.  As mentioned the balcony furniture was not as comfortable and the table "shrunk".   The ship looked good and we would cruise on Equinox again.

I'm amazed you have been away from CC since the pandemic started.  I find it a great way to cope with the boredom.  Of course, we are retired so not much to do and because of our ages we don't go out much.  I hope your plans materialize in the near future, yes, and ours too.  I so miss cruising.

I’ve intentionally stayed off of cruise Critic since I didn’t see the point to the endless speculation I guess! No one knows what the future of cruising holds and the situation is always changing. 
Plus, I actually started a new job just when the pandemic was declared, and have been very busy! One of the lucky ones I guess, the time has passed very quickly for me!

hope things will get back to some kind of normal soon.

I have also been away for a long time (because of the Pandemic and other reasons).

I loved the Equinox in 2015 and may be seeing her again next year.

She looked pretty good back then. I always imagined they would make their furnishings and cabins bluish.