Seychelles to Perth lost cruise

westmount

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve been on cruise critic, but nice to be back. Trying to be optimistic, I’ve booked a Seabourn cruise for the summer, but brought up to Seabourn that 19 days at sea from The Seychelles to Perth was not a “proper”cruise, and whatever they offered us prior to to departure means nothing when Every port was cancelled and we sailed the seas looking for a way to get home. 
 I was surprised Seabourn never contacted me after the cruise, but I felt at some point they would.

Has anyone received credit for more than the 25% credit for the 19 days at sea, as I think it’s wrong. We had to buy escape plane tickets home for crazy dollars, but at the time, you did what you had to do, and since we had booked our own travel from Singapore, the Seabourn staff told us to do what we had to do and Seabourn will work things out. 
  So far, working things out has not been working, but if anyone from the cruise has gotten anywhere, let me know, 

cross our fingers the vaccine works, we need to keep people healthy and hopefully one day we can get back to sea. 

Wow westmount, remember your saga well, you embarked Cape Town yes? … To the original world cruise, we were set to embark Singapore for the 33 segment to Sydney. We got full refund (eventually) from Seabourn when cruise cancelled 1 day before we were to leave home to transit to Perth after Singapore was nixed.

I cannot believe you have not been contacted at all and especially regarding your out of pocket expenses for Perth disembark and transit home?? You’re saying no communication from Seabourn??

I simply felt happy to be home in one piece, and figured at some point they would contact everyone to figure out something to make the regulars want to book ten future cruises. With a world health crisis around us, getting credit for a lost cruise seemed pretty trivial, but I figured that once things would settled down, theses type things would be looked after. I might simply have been wrong, and they don’t really, but I’m patient, amd I’ll give it my best shot until they go into my purgatory list of shame and We simply take our dollars elsewhere. I don’t believe they were as transparent as they want us to believe, as the cruise industry knew of the problems way ahead of most others, but that’s the way they are.

I just want them to treat everyone who endured the longest transit trip in Seabourn history fairly, amd encourage us to return , rather than remember the anxiety of 19 days  at sea,.

prime will tell

Hopefully some of the others punted from Sojourn in Perth will chime in and share their post cruise experiences with shoreside operations.

While not as challenging an adventure you all experienced in the Indian Ocean, there were those on Encore who were cast ashore mid cruise in Melbourne, maybe they have some perspective.

Re the Encore in March - we cancelled this voyage a few days before embarkation due to worries about Covid and a couple of months later received FCC. Friends of ours decided to sail. They have received FCC for the part of the cruise that was cancelled and reimbursement of hotel stays and business flights back to Brisbane handled by their TA. Others friends from US who were on this cruise too,  received FCC and extra expenses which was also handled by their TA.

Our  friends and ourselves were all impressed with the service we got from Seabourn in this difficult situation. 

Considering we were 19 days at sea, and our itinerary moved 3000 miles and shortened, I figured Seabourn would figure out how to appease their most loyal clients and attract them to book future adventures whenever that would occur.

My understanding is they offered us 125% for the days cancelled OR the original 25% off off the second half of the trip, which sounds a bit concocted. They should pay for the missing days and compensate for the change of itinerary plus pay for flight changes, no variances. 
  Time will tell what the end result will be, but given the fact pricing is all a relative question,  treating those passengers well would seem a very practical solution, as cruise loyalty is a very fickle issue. 
  In any case. I’ll know what is fair when I see it, and so far, I haven’t seem it. I do know I had to pay a ton to get home on short notice, and have submitted my claim to Seabourn. How they handle that one will tell me a lot on how they view their clients. 
  In any case, cruising is a luxury I truly miss, so I cross my fingers the vaccines work and we’ll all be able to go back to complaining while sailing the oceans in not to distant in the future. 
stay heathy to all