The Daily for Sunday Nov 15, 2020

richwmn

Thank you for The Daily and for the shout out about my visit with my Mom in AZ.  ❤️ This morning, DH made the best vegetable soup for our let's-start-getting Christmas-decorations-sorted and for energy to cancel our Thanksgiving Seattle/Whidbey Island trip. 😔

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Thank you for The Daily and for the shout out about my visit with my Mom in AZ.  ❤️ This morning, DH made the best vegetable soup for our let's-start-getting Christmas-decorations-sorted and for energy to cancel our Thanksgiving Seattle/Whidbey Island trip. 😔

I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel your Thanksgiving plans.  Do you have family in the Seattle and Whidbey area?  I imagine quite a few people are scrambling to change plans with the announcements from our governors recently.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I am upset, I can't see @Seasick Sailor's photo - just see that little question mark...

Ann

there were two pics, one a funny & one to drool over. Hope you can see these. @Seasick Sailor, Joy wanted you to see that I tried a repost. 

EC9B7A51-CF28-4946-A68B-988EF316862E.jpeg

6EC0D11B-FF99-412F-B947-EE111206F273.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

I am really late today. Did not sleep well last night so I slept in (the dogs let me!!!) and then I had to give the dogs a couple of extra long walks. On the down side of things.... my niece's husband  has been admitted to this hospital. My Sister is worried of course..... for him, her daughter and granddaughter, and herself. Since she was exposed to Tom, she is going to self-quarantine.... and maybe get a test after she talks with her Dr. She says neighbors can shop for her.And so 2020 continues......

Best wishes to all..... we certainly all deserve a cruise when all this has passed.

Susan

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the information and photos.

Roy, you asked if the covid situation is stable in NZ, well it seems to be.

There are cases in hotel managed isolation, everyone  returning to the country, has to  stay in a hotel for 14 days on arrival, tests on day 3 and day 12, which have to be negative before they can leave hotel.

These are called "Border" cases.

Also, there are 2or 3 "community "cases in Auckland, linked to a previously positive case in the defence force.

As of yesterday no cases in hospital.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, erewhon said:

There are cases in hotel managed isolation, everyone  returning to the country, has to  stay in a hotel for 14 days on arrival, tests on day 3 and day 12, which have to be negative before they can leave hotel.

Also, there are 2or 3 "community "cases in Auckland, linked to a previously positive case in the defence force.

Thanks

Roy

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

I am really late today. Did not sleep well last night so I slept in (the dogs let me!!!) and then I had to give the dogs a couple of extra long walks. On the down side of things.... my niece's husband  has been admitted to this hospital. My Sister is worried of course..... for him, her daughter and granddaughter, and herself. Since she was exposed to Tom, she is going to self-quarantine.... and maybe get a test after she talks with her Dr. She says neighbors can shop for her.And so 2020 continues......

Best wishes to all..... we certainly all deserve a cruise when all this has passed.

Susan

Susan, prayers winging their way to your family.

• Like 3

Thanks to all who keep this inspiring place going!  Glad to read of the success for New Zealand in the virus battle.  I know that all of us in North America would love to have our local areas in your situation!  

Well, I took one for the group today!  I cleaned my refrigerator!  And it needed it.  Guess I also am doing more cooking at home, and the refrigerator takes the brunt of things.  I just "stuff' things in there, and unfortunately, don't use things in a timely manner.  Next big thing on the list will be to defrost my freezer, but at the moment it is too full.  With some of the shortages at the stores, I am just afraid to take my supplies too low.

It is a typical Western Colorado fall day.  Blue sky, and warm enough out to wear just a light jacket. Last week was in the 40's with wind, so it seemed cold.  (I know, to some that is not cold.)

Have a great evening.  Prayers for all in need, especially those with positive tests or symptoms of the virus.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey, where's our sister?? Have we heard from Denise? @DeeniEncinitas  @cat shepard!!

Joy, Deeni posted on Friday.

I know she recently said her area was about to implement stricter measures in an attempt to get control of the virus. Maybe she & David decided to escape for a few days.

• Like 2

Good evening.  I’m really late, no excuse.  Just enjoyed a lazy Sunday morning and got lost in a book.  

It is a typical fall day in southwestern Arizona.  Highs in the 70s to 80s, light breeze and no clouds.  The afternoon was too nice to sit home, so we took the side-by-side for a ride in the desert.  We were gone longer than we expected since we accidentally took  the long way home instead of the quick route.  A really enjoyable ride.

Right now, waiting for the Cornish hen to finish cooking in the air fryer.  While it rests, I’ll pop the asparagus in the air fryer.  With leftover mashed potatoes and wine, that will be our dinner, finished with key lime pie.

Susan, so sorry your BIL is in the hospital.  Hoping for a speedy recovery, and negative tests for the rest of your family.

Everyone stay safe and don’t forget those masks.

Lenda

• Like 7

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Amazing how a fully engaged concerted effort can have such success.  Congratulations to your people and leaders.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 5

Good evening! What a week I've had. Soooo busy! @cat shepard, thank you for thinking of me.

Our church is having an online auction sale, and I'm in charge. It is something new to me, and to the parishioners, so it has taken up a lot of time, BUT it is up running now until Friday, and we've had some good bids so far. Fingers crossed the enthusiasm continues. On top of that, as the Church communication person , I've had 2 other fundraisers, and the Bishop's visit information to get out to the Church community. 

Then yesterday, we had the 2 yo grandson all day. Our son and daughter-in-law are busy packing and trying to get their house in order to put on the market, and, since they are buying our house, it is a win-win for us to look after the boy. Today, we had the 4 yo and, since my (other) DS was busy, we had to drive her back to her mom (an hour each way).

Today has been really windy. We were lucky and didn't lose any power, but the area around us did and there are trees down in a widespread area. And cold. Our wonderful fall weather has blown away. I've seen geese in the sky, and it is such a sad sight to see. Winter is coming. 😞

I love the quote. I seem to be able to do that so easily. It doesn't hurt that procrastination has my last name in it!  😄

I love the meal suggestion, but with my doing the driving, DH made his specialty fo rsupper-KD (Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for my American friends. 🤣)

I think that I am off to have the DoD right now, although DH has offered me another cup of tea. 😉

Have a wonderful evening! Blessings to all.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. And, now our premier is telling us to Stay home.  Wear a mask!😷

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Good evening! What a week I've had. Soooo busy! @cat shepard, thank you for thinking of me.

Our church is having an online auction sale, and I'm in charge. It is something new to me, and to the parishioners, so it has taken up a lot of time, BUT it is up running now until Friday, and we've had some good bids so far. Fingers crossed the enthusiasm continues. On top of that, as the Church communication person , I've had 2 other fundraisers, and the Bishop's visit information to get out to the Church community. 

Then yesterday, we had the 2 yo grandson all day. Our son and daughter-in-law are busy packing and trying to get their house in order to put on the market, and, since they are buying our house, it is a win-win for us to look after the boy. Today, we had the 4 yo and, since my (other) DS was busy, we had to drive her back to her mom (an hour each way).

I need a nap after just reading this! 🙃

Great to see you!

Stay well!

• Like 4

Good evening everyone!   What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday was a nice sunny day.  Today we had heavy rain, thunder and lightning and high winds.  The power kept flickering all day long.  Not out for long, just enough so I had to reset every clock in the house a couple of times.  I thought I was going to have to redo all the leaves.  At one point that was a definite.  But, by the time the storm was over, there were no leaves in the yard except for the piles at the curb.   I guess they redid themselves. 

Thank you, Roy, for including my brother, Bill, in the prayer list.  Maybe we should include all the behind the scene health care workers.  We tend to think of doctors and nurses, but there are so many people involved in patient care that no one thinks of.   The nurses aides to a lot of the scut work and really deserve our support.   

I hope everyone reporting infections in themselves or family members has a short, mild case.   This is a scary disease as there are generalities, but also exceptions to all of them.  Please take care everyone, be safe, wear those masks and stay home unless you absolutely must go out. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Michigan announced tonight that we will begin another level of covid restrictions starting Wednesday. And, the verbal attacks against our governor have resumed from Washington, D.C.

Stay safe. Wear your mask. Please.

Screenshot_20201115-203438.png

First tune I've seen schools treated differently by grade level.  Your Governor should take those attacks as a badge of honor.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Michigan announced tonight that we will begin another level of covid restrictions starting Wednesday. And, the verbal attacks against our governor have resumed from Washington, D.C.

Stay safe. Wear your mask. Please.

Screenshot_20201115-203438.png

Would you please clone her & send her to Florida? Please. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel your Thanksgiving plans.  Do you have family in the Seattle and Whidbey area?  I imagine quite a few people are scrambling to change plans with the announcements from our governors recently.  

Thank you. A daughter and family live in Seattle and we have a place on Whidbey. We had no problem cancelling our Alaska Airline flight with the funds deposited into our account. Hopeful that we can use the funds sometime soon!!

• Like 3

Norseh20 we may be neighbors! We are New Yorkers, but have a vacation home on Whidbey. Son and family live in Seattle  area. Daughter and family bought a house on Whidbey after moving into our home in March from their place in Seattle when  the virus started.
We have been here since August. Did not intend to stay so long, but Covid has kept us from going back to NY. Daughter doesn’t want us to leave but soon we must check out our home back East. She will miss us as will the herd of deer in my back yard that I feed daily!

• Like 1