Iona

Bin man

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I didn't think they were real photos either.

I had my doubts, but why bother with CGI  ones now that the real thing is available. I know Moley said there were dust coverings over lots of areas, but that still should not be a major problem.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, tring said:

Trying to book a trip on our Iona cruise next June (they are already available), but the system is not giving us the Peninsular discount that I thought we are entitled to.  Have I got that wrong, or should we get a discount?

EDIT

No longer a problem, sorry about that, but after I "put it in the basket", the discount was applied,

We booked an excursion for our July cruise on Iona a while ago and didn't receive our discount. After contacting P&O they said they were aware of a problem with the Peninsular discount not being applied and would we accept OBC instead which we did. Looks like they have got it sorted now.

On 11/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, molecrochip said:

Iona’s sister, Carnival Mardi Gras will be in Southampton from 19/12 to 23/12. She is the same sub-class as Iona so should have the same external profile as Iona (as opposed to Aida/Costa Helios sub class which have different prom deck arrangements).

I expect she will use berth 46 as that has been modified for the Excellence class of ships. 

Anyone know if this has been cancelled as I can't see it on the port schedule? 

Andy 

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Iona is off on her next journey shortly. Back to Skagen port for stores and pick up water / release grey water on way.

Back to Norway on 22/12 where she will stay until 20/01 when she makes her next Skagen trip.

Can she re-fuel in Haugesund, or does she need to go elsewhere for that?

Edited by tring

49 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Thanks for sharing.

I fear this will be one to avoid for me, just like Astonishing

The problem with astonishing is that once you have seen it there is no desire to see it again.  RCI have the best idea, I can watch Grease, or any musical show, any number of times and still thoroughly enjoy it.

• Like 3

That's true. However, I suppose its more cost effective for P&O to create their own show, rather than pay rights for an existing show.

However, that being said, I think for the most part we'd all rather they put on a known show instead.

How do they do it on RCI? Is it the same  show every nigh and you just watch it when you want? or its it once a cruise?

36 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

That's true. However, I suppose its more cost effective for P&O to create their own show, rather than pay rights for an existing show.

However, that being said, I think for the most part we'd all rather they put on a known show instead.

How do they do it on RCI? Is it the same  show every nigh and you just watch it when you want? or its it once a cruise?

It's only two or three nights on a cruise.  They have other shows and guest appearances too.

Ah thanks besberry.

I wonder if Iona will follow that plan too with this festival show. (ugh even typing that makes me cringe!). This show a couple of nights and other acts in between.

I'm assuming that there's plenty of other venues at night, so unlike the smaller ships, it doesn't become the main focus for most of the guests at night.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, terrierjohn said:

The problem with astonishing is that once you have seen it there is no desire to see it again.  RCI have the best idea, I can watch Grease, or any musical show, any number of times and still thoroughly enjoy it.

Only if you haven't worked out the card trick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a cruise booked on Iona for late May (transferred from August 2020) and the balance is due to my TA early next month. So I'm assuming that anyone booked through a TA on the April cruises have to pay their balance round about now? I've found that typically TA's want the balance paid about a month earlier than if you were booking direct with the cruise line.

Just interested to know if anyone has paid their balance yet for April. Some of you seem to think that cruises won't go ahead until later in the year.

38 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Hi,

I have a cruise booked on Iona for late May (transferred from August 2020) and the balance is due to my TA early next month. So I'm assuming that anyone booked through a TA on the April cruises have to pay their balance round about now? I've found that typically TA's want the balance paid about a month earlier than if you were booking direct with the cruise line.

Just interested to know if anyone has paid their balance yet for April. Some of you seem to think that cruises won't go ahead until later in the year.

We are booked on the 1 May sailing and have payed the full balance. We would be more than happy to get onboard if it does go ahead but if it doesn’t then we will just pick a different sailing when 2023 sailings go on sale. Our attitude has been that this our holiday funds so book what is available and rebook when needed. Appreciate some people are hoping for it to be cancelled as they arent comfortable. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Hi,

A number of people seem to have had success in getting their TA to accept that in these uncertain times people don’t want to pay their balance a month before the P&O due date. Some have managed to defer to the P&O date or just a day or so before. Obviously none of us know for sure when cruises will restart but my guess would be that your May cruise is 50/50 at best, so it would certainly be wise to talk to your TA when their balance due date nears and push for a deferral.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

A number of people seem to have had success in getting their TA to accept that in these uncertain times people don’t want to pay their balance a month before the P&O due date. Some have managed to defer to the P&O date or just a day or so before. Obviously none of us know for sure when cruises will restart but my guess would be that your May cruise is 50/50 at best, so it would certainly be wise to talk to your TA when their balance due date nears and push for a deferral.

We got our TA to defer our balance due date by a fortnight.  Just a simple email.  Became academic as the cruise was eventually cancelled before the due date anyway.  Still worth asking though.