When will Viking make the next cancellation announcement?

jonthomas

I recall the website has had various cruises disappear and re-appear, but just noted that the R/T from Miami in January have disappeared. Anyone note any other disappearing acts.

Possibly an update coming tomorrow or Wednesday???

It will be difficult to know if anyone booked on a cruise through first half of 2021 will actually be able to go, at least from US ports. The cruise lines must prove their new protocols work, and then I highly doubt any cruise will go at full capacity, so even if it sails, and youre booked, what determines who actually gets to go? And even with the encouraging news on vaccines, that roll out doesnt even have a plan yet!

My greek odyssey for jan 20th 2021 has disappeared from my viking journey

Just realized I haven't paid the balance that says due November 20th

Called them and it is locked at their end as well & shows 

“being updated” and the nice lady reckons should be updated and “available by 19/11”

She then added “technically its still going ahead....”

She had extended payment to Friday 20 November pending whatever it is updating 

Wondering now if its being cancelled - especially as Angela has stated no January cruises on their website.......

To be honest Im thinking we are not keen to climb on a cruise ship in January anyway.

Had 2 Cunard cruises cancelled June 2920 & June 2021 so 3 will make it a hat trick.

Edited by Craigrlewis
Typo

On 11/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, Craigrlewis said:

My greek odyssey for jan 20th 2021 has disappeared from my viking journey

Just realized I haven't paid the balance that says due November 20th

Called them and it is locked at their end as well & shows 

“being updated” and the nice lady reckons should be updated and “available by 19/11”

She then added “technically its still going ahead....”

She had extended payment to Friday 20 November pending whatever it is updating 

Wondering now if its being cancelled - especially as Angela has stated no January cruises on their website.......

To be honest Im thinking we are not keen to climb on a cruise ship in January anyway.

Had 2 Cunard cruises cancelled June 2920 & June 2021 so 3 will make it a hat trick.

Some of us who have been through the cancellation cycle before are pretty sure that cancellation notices are coming. The signs are right but not always a guarantee that there will be cancellations. As Radar used to say, "Wait for it."

Those with bookings will be notified by e-mail before a public announcement is made. Your TA will get an e-mail at the same time you do.

Viking sends an e-mail to each passenger, not each booking. Make sure to read the entire e-mail.

The e-mail will include your new voucher. It is based on the cash balance after any vouchers have been subtracted out and returned to your account.

If you want a cash refund of the cash balance, you must inform Viking by the deadline stated in the e-mail (usually 10 days). Don't dawdle; it is a firm deadline.

Thanks Peregrine651 for the advice of reading and reading it again!

We are thinking yes get the voucher rebook bla bla but Im getting a bit overwhelmed now having rebooked 3 Cunard now book something else for 2 or 3 years

Then I slap myself for getting agitated over a 1st world problem when others are facing the horrors of covid with illness and bereavement.

We are “Viking virgins” having been Cunarders for the last 13 years so will be disappointed if our first Viking trip is cancelled but better safe than sorry!

Edited by Craigrlewis
Typo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

States further updates from the Chairman in December.

...which will very possibly include something additional on the invitational cruise. He did say a rescheduled trip will allow for "plenty of time for planning", etc. so I'd expect some sort of revised plan sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1