The Daily for Tuesday Nov 17, 2020

richwmn

Good morning to some, good afternoon to others.  I'm late, we went to church and then to the mall for a coffee at Timmie's.

Thank you to Rich and Roy for the daily news and lists, and pictures, and everyone with interesting photos and bits of information.  The only bread I make is  whole wheat Irish soda bread, my DMIL's recipe, but I made some a couple of days ago, so the freezer is stocked!

Covid numbers are rising here, too, even on the island, although mainland is worse.  Only one person at church was not masked and I didn't even care, as I was wearing 5 layers of masks!  

@Horizon chaser 1957, sorry about the big toe, it's something we don't even think about until it hurts!

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning(ish), all! Well, I should have picked Homemade Bread Day, as Taking a Hike  did not end well. I headed out to harvest some weeping willow ends for making prints before the forecast storm took the last of them. On my last cut, the heavy pruning shears slipped out of my hand and hit my foot. It hurt like the Dickens! On the walk back home, the pain went away, but my shoe started feeling squishy. When I got home, sure enough, the shears had hit point first, cutting through the shoe, the sock and the big toe. It bled everywhere! DH cleaned the floor, the hall carpet, and the bathroom while I dealt with the toe. Luckily it doesn’t need stitches - now is not the time to go to the hospital. Toes are such drama queens - if something happens, they hurt or bleed out of all proportion to the actual injury.  I sure hope the willow prints I get are worth it!

Holy cow! Glad you have your injury under control!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning(ish), all! Well, I should have picked Homemade Bread Day, as Taking a Hike  did not end well. I headed out to harvest some weeping willow ends for making prints before the forecast storm took the last of them. On my last cut, the heavy pruning shears slipped out of my hand and hit my foot. It hurt like the Dickens! On the walk back home, the pain went away, but my shoe started feeling squishy. When I got home, sure enough, the shears had hit point first, cutting through the shoe, the sock and the big toe. It bled everywhere! DH cleaned the floor, the hall carpet, and the bathroom while I dealt with the toe. Luckily it doesn’t need stitches - now is not the time to go to the hospital. Toes are such drama queens - if something happens, they hurt or bleed out of all proportion to the actual injury.  I sure hope the willow prints I get are worth it!

Oh my heavens!  You poor thing 😢 

Hope your toes heals quickly and those willow prints are worth it.  

• Like 4

Good evening everyone!  I was on earlier but got interrupted before I posted. Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your list Roy. 

I have been really down about Thanksgiving. My Mom won’t be able to come because her retirement center would require quarantine and testing afterward. Probably will be the same for Christmas. It is really hard knowing you can’t be with loved ones. 

@Horizon chaser 1957 I hope your toe heals fast. You are truly a horizon chaser!!!  You chased those willows down!

@bennybear I have made the two hour buns and they really are nice, however I made them way too big the first time. What is nice is that you can make them any size you want. I think I have @kazu to thank for the recipe but I see that @ger_77 has posted it for you..... anyway enjoy!  And report back with your results. BTW I was able to find a jar of yeast at our local grocery store and I keep it in my refrigerator. 

Have a good night everyone!

• Like 6

Good evening! Thanks for the fleet report, the care list, the pictures, the stories and the wine/drink recommendations, too.

I have a subscription to electronic greetings because, much as I enjoy physical card, with a large family and friends, it is quite costly to send the paper variety.  We have homemade bread (challah) every day-DD is studying Judaism and that has become a tradition. That, and her cleaning her room. I consider it a win. 😉 Knees are letting me take a hike, but I will, on occasion, tell DH to take one.

It was my oldest son's birthday today. When I asked him on the weekend if he wanted to come for dinner today, he said he had plans. Today when we (DH/DD/me) called to sing happy birthday, the plans had fallen through, so he and his SO came for dinner. The original plan was ham, but since he wasn't coming over, we had that last night. 😁 We ended up with fish and fries.

@puppycanducruise, I'm glad that you got your power back on. We didn't lose ours, but a friend 15 minutes away was out for 36 hours, I believe.

@bouhunter, I hope your meal was good. We don't eat out often, but we've done take out much more regularly with the pandemic.

Oh, @Horizon chaser 1957I hope your toes are okay. When your feet hurt, everything does.

Blessings to all. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

• Like 9