Itinerary Changes

orville99

They’re starting... just got an email from RCL that the itinerary for our October 2021 Allure Eastern has been changed. St. John’s is out and St Martin is in.  I expect to get a lot more emails like this as thy try to figure out where they can actually sail in 2021.🙃

Edited by orville99

Won't bother me much at all.  I really don't much look at the ports we will go to any longer anyway on a Carib cruise.  Been to so many of them, so many times.  

Right now it is really the ship I want to be on, and Allure is really the destination in itself for me, IMHO.  

Just want to be able to cruise again...someday...somehow...maybe?  🤕

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Won't bother me much at all.  I really don't much look at the ports we will go to any longer anyway on a Carib cruise.  Been to so many of them, so many times.  

Right now it is really the ship I want to be on, and Allure is really the destination in itself for me, IMHO.  

Actually I'd kind of like a email like that. It would make me think my April cruise might be a go. Dont have another rcl until dec 2021.

Bring on the changed ports. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

Likely to change again.  2021 is going to be a wild ride for the cruise industry.  Sit back, fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride.  

I'm waiting to see what happens with my 9 night Oct 2021 Freedom Canada/NE. Hoping by then they don't have to change anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

They’re starting... just got an email from RCL that the itinerary for our October 2021 Allure Eastern has been changed. St. John’s is out and St Martin is in.  I expect to get a lot more emails like this as thy try to figure out where they can actually sail in 2021.🙃

Which sailing? I am on 10/31/21 and it is supposed to go to St. John's.  

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

Wondering about the Harmony TA 10/31 2021 from Barcelona.....

On the Celebrity Boards there are a lot of really angry people whose sailings on the Edge  have been cancelled in Jan/Feb 2021 today.......

The hope is that with a vaccine the fall transatlantic and other cruises like Panama Canal will be allowed to sail.  If nothing changes they will not sail.  Time will tell.

Can't speak to angry X users, Royal will likely follow suit.  It is what it is, the virus is not under control.  I can understand disappointment but who is the target of the anger? That isn't the fault of the cruise lines.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

The hope is that with a vaccine the fall transatlantic and other cruises like Panama Canal will be allowed to sail.  If nothing changes they will not sail.  Time will tell.

Can't speak to angry X users, Royal will likely follow suit.  It is what it is, the virus is not under control.  I can understand disappointment but who is the target of the anger? That isn't the fault of the cruise lines.  

Not really so much about the virus as it is about generating more $$ for the cruiseline. I can actually understand the reasoning but can also understand passengers being upset. The the sailings being cancelled are 10 & 11 night Edge sailings and the offers being made to the Silhouette are much more expensive under their new "Always Included" program.  Edge is changing to 7 night cruises only.....more cruises, more money for the cruise line.  I'd be upset too.

I am just hoping that the Harmony TA will be a go.

• Like 1

Just now, Gracie115 said:

Not really so much about the virus as it is about generating more $$ for the cruiseline. I can actually understand the reasoning but can also understand passengers being upset. The the sailings being cancelled are 10 & 11 night Edge sailings and the offers being made to the Silhouette are much more expensive under their new "Always Included" program.  Edge is changing to 7 night cruises only.....more cruises, more money for the cruise line.  I'd be upset too.

I am just hoping that the Harmony TA will be a go.

The CDC isn't allowing cruises longer than 7 days.  We are talking about 2021 right?  

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

My Jewel B2B (12 nights each) Baltic and British Isles was cancelled weeks ago.  Was not happy about that either...cruise was not until August 2021.  

I did feel your pain...just hoping my British Isles sails on Celebrity Reflection July 30, 2021 or we know by final payment in May.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

The CDC isn't allowing cruises longer than 7 days.  We are talking about 2021 right?  

No winter 2022, the CDC ruling expires October 31, 2021. And that ruling is only for ships sailing from the USA.

Edited by Gracie115

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, we just scheduled a 7 day on Allure for the end of March.  At first, I was not excited about the itinerary, but then I looked at the ship and was really impressed.  At this point, we will be happy if our cruise is able to sail 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Fall 2021 Transatlantic cruises to the US are also affected. 

Those sailing before October 31 from Europe, yes, ....that's why I am concerned about Harmony that we are booked on. It is supposed to sail from Barcelona on October 31.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I agree - we have an Oasis cruise that was L&S to next November.  I don't care what the itinerary is as long as I can have an enjoyable cruise.

• Like 1

Our 10 nt TA Anthem from Southampton in October is supposed to arrive in USA on 10/31/21 and its no longer being offered.   Can they just extend the cruise a couple of days so we arrive after November 1st?  I know, I know,  just keep hoping.   I don't expect our April TA on Rhapsody will go.  

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

No winter 2022, the CDC ruling expires October 31, 2021. And that ruling is only for ships sailing from the USA.

I am pretty sure the CDC CSO is cruise ships sailing in and out of the US Ports.    So, yes that would impact any TA's/TP's, etc.      What RCL may end of doing is simply push back the date for a TA to take place first week of November instead of end of October, as suggested by another poster.   Too early to know for sure where we will all be at next Fall.    

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am pretty sure the CDC CSO is cruise ships sailing in and out of the US Ports.    So, yes that would impact any TA's/TP's, etc.      What RCL may end of doing is simply push back the date for a TA to take place first week of November instead of end of October, as suggested by another poster.   Too early to know for sure where we will all be at next Fall.    

We're booked on the 7 night Med before the Harmony TA too and are hoping they will change it to an 8 night Med with the last night being an overnight in Barcelona.  That way the TA begins November 1.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Our 10 nt TA Anthem from Southampton in October is supposed to arrive in USA on 10/31/21 and its no longer being offered.   Can they just extend the cruise a couple of days so we arrive after November 1st?  I know, I know,  just keep hoping.   I don't expect our April TA on Rhapsody will go.  

It is based on departure date...not arrival date.

Even  the Harmony’s TA that departs on Oct 31 and arrives mid November does not meet the requirements and is no longer for sale.  That one could be an easy fix...just move the departure to Nov. 1 and kick the engines up a notch.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is based on departure date...not arrival date.

Even  the Harmony’s TA that departs on Oct 31 and arrives mid November does not meet the requirements and is no longer for sale.  That one could be an easy fix...just move the departure to Nov. 1 and kick the engines up a notch.  

I know but I can hope, can't i?

• Like 1