Majestic Aft Penthouse with Covered Balcony

EagleRockers

I'm looking to book an Aft Penthouse on the Majestic Princess for late 2021. Do any of these have covered balconies? From what I've seen, most of them can be seen from the cabin above. I'm hoping to get one where the balcony is at least 75% covered.

Thanking you in advance for your answers!

I don't think that you will find one that is 75% covered.  But the wider ones will have more cover such as those on Riviera, Baja, or Dolphin decks.  We've stayed in the narrower balcony aft suites on the Majestic and Royal so we've experienced minimal cover situations.  Keep in mind that at some point on your voyage you'll experience soot on your balcony.  Some days it's minimal and others it can be quite heavy.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, azbirdmom said:

I don't think that you will find one that is 75% covered.  But the wider ones will have more cover such as those on Riviera, Baja, or Dolphin decks.  We've stayed in the narrower balcony aft suites on the Majestic and Royal so we've experienced minimal cover situations.  Keep in mind that at some point on your voyage you'll experience soot on your balcony.  Some days it's minimal and others it can be quite heavy.

Thank you so much; your reply really helps.

This is the worst soot we saw and it is a Dolphin deck balcony directly below our's on the Majestic Princess.  It happened the last two days of the cruise and I took these pictures on our final morning on board.  Since our Caribe deck had less cover, it had more soot and our Steward took in the seat cushions every day.  Even with this problem though i would not hesitate to book one of these again.  The views are amazing!

IMG_9858.JPG

IMG_9859.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, azbirdmom said:

This is the worst soot we saw and it is a Dolphin deck balcony directly below our's on the Majestic Princess.  It happened the last two days of the cruise and I took these pictures on our final morning on board.  Since our Caribe deck had less cover, it had more soot and our Steward took in the seat cushions every day.  Even with this problem though i would not hesitate to book one of these again.  The views are amazing!

IMG_9858.JPG

IMG_9859.JPG

Thanks for that 'heads up' regarding the soot. I'll take that into consideration when booking. The pictures really help!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, eaglerockers@msn.com said:

I'm looking to book an Aft Penthouse on the Majestic Princess for late 2021. Do any of these have covered balconies? From what I've seen, most of them can be seen from the cabin above. I'm hoping to get one where the balcony is at least 75% covered.

Thanking you in advance for your answers!

What about vibration in those Aft Penthouse suites?  I have read reviews that there is alot of vibration. We are looking at Riviera deck on the Royal. Is the soot worse on the higher decks?

4 hours ago, ambelina said:

What about vibration in those Aft Penthouse suites?  I have read reviews that there is alot of vibration. We are looking at Riviera deck on the Royal. Is the soot worse on the higher decks?

We didn't notice vibration aft on the Royal class ships.  We've had aft suites on the Aloha deck on the Royal and Caribe deck on the Majestic, both narrower balconies, and the soot was the same on both. Riviera is one deck up from where we have been and does have a larger balcony with more cover.  Remember though that it's not an everyday occurrence and I still think that even with the soot it is still an amazing place to be when sailing on one of these ships.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, azbirdmom said:

We didn't notice vibration aft on the Royal class ships.  We've had aft suites on the Aloha deck on the Royal and Caribe deck on the Majestic, both narrower balconies, and the soot was the same on both. Riviera is one deck up from where we have been and does have a larger balcony with more cover.  Remember though that it's not an everyday occurrence and I still think that even with the soot it is still an amazing place to be when sailing on one of these ships.

Riviera deck would be ideal, but what is the cover over the balcony like? As much as on Dolphin deck?