11-19-2020 Thursday Weigh-In ...Holiday Meals..Less This Year?

Belle

Thanks Belle and Diana!

The zoo was a success. Everyone else we saw was wearing their mask, and it wasn't very crowded. We have to go through downtown Dallas to get there, and I only got lost once this time. I don't know how I drove without GPS growing up! The kids got to feed the giraffes (did you know they have really long tounges), and we saw the lion cubs this time. In September when we went, they weren't old enough to be in the enclosure yet. I definitely got my steps in today!

Good afternoon all.

Mel glad you enjoyed the zoo and got to see the baby lions. Bonus you got your steps in.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving?

Unless you live in Canada. You did that in Oct.

I'm just cleaning house a little and washing table and such outside as I said having

Thanksgiving there tomorrow for lunch. Only 4 of us outside. Staying safe. If inside

at all will be with masks.  Be different if lived with me but don't so safe it will be.

Take care and safe.

Belle, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving lunch with your kids.

Such bad news I'm reading. I saw some interviews online from people flying to be with family for Thanksgiving. Geez, have they been living under a rock? 

Well, things are going in a really dire direction and that will be getting even worse in a few weeks from now. 

Belle, some people on the roll call for our late August cruise think it will be cancelled given the "no cruises over 7days" CDC rule. We'll have to wait and see.....

Best to all, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Lil sis says she has a friend who tested positive yet still flew to San Diego!! wow just wow! She just couldn't believe the (says now x) friend was that selfish!!

Belle, happy early Thanksgiving!!

Mel, zoo sounds like so much fun 😃 and your cakes are always so perfect! You're a phenomenal baker / artist!! 

• Like 1

Thanks Diana and Ombud.  Had a good Thanksgiving lunch, Turkey, salad and

all the trimmings. Pie and ice cream and champagne.  Nice meal and

visit.

Weather was nice to sit outside. Very enjoyable.

Diana where is your cruise to?  Was told today if cruise is to Europe and no

USA port. Will sail, can be over 7 days, can be b2b's, That's what we have

in July. 3 b2b's  21 days and it's still on. CDC has no power in Europe. Europe

has their own but so good so far. Just have to wait and see how the virus

is doing then here and in Europe.  Then decide if still want to take it 60 or

90 days before.

Diana I know people flying now is crazy. They say counts are double then 2 weeks ago

and now 2 weeks after Thanksgiving it will really be worse!  No Christmas shopping for 

me, you don't know what or where people have been or doing.

Ombud WOW she tested positive and she's flying. She should be arrested...

someone could get sick and die because of her.  How selfish! Like

we all said don't really understand some people at this time. Don't they see or read.

Take care..Happy Thanksgiving to you and family.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Hi Jan,

Our only port in Maine on that cruise is Portland. We've never been anywhere on the East Coast so whatever we see will be nice. 

Diana

Diana - Portland is a lovely place to visit.  The East Coast is wonderful.  Really enjoy cruising out of Boston.  Jan

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone.

Diana yes sorry to say good chance it will be cancelled because it's

more than 7 days and it's before Nov. when the 7 day will be lifted.

But never know how things change with the CDC plus maybe the

vaccine might make a difference. Who knows?

Jan and Diana hope you both are having a good day.

Belle - I'm having a wonderful day --- DH & I got our Covid test results yesterday and they were negative .... I am so happy!!!  We will continue to be careful.  Without even thinking it is easy to unknowingly come into contact with someone.

Our cruise in May (NCL) is a 9 day.  I am going to assume that they will continue the cruise and just take off 2 days.  We have flights already, so if they can do that we will just spend a few extra days in Miami.  

Not looking forward to the scale tomorrow!  Jan

Belle - I'm glad your Thanksgiving lunch was good!

Ombud - Thank you!

Jan - I'm glad you tested negative!

Diana - East coast is on our list too. Come to think of it, most of the cruises are on our list. 😄

We went to the pool company yesterday afternoon and selected all our materials - stone, tile, interior finish. They requested permit from our city 4 weeks ago, and we've heard from our neighborhood facebook group that it has been taking about 5 weeks. They closed at noon today for the rest of the week, so hopefully the permit is issues by the end of next week. I'm ready for them to start, but I'm not sure I'm ready to leash up the dogs every time they need to go outside. I'll miss just opening the back door to let them go out, especially first thing in the morning!  

• Like 1

Jan..So glad your test came back negative.  They said yesterday that what you did a month ago

to protect yourself might not work now because so many people have the virus and will get

worse after Thanksgiving. Scary!

Hope your cruise sails. You never know how there going to do the cruises anymore.

Mel..How exciting to pick stuff out for your pool. Hope the permit comes next week

for you. How long did they say it would take to build it accounting for winter weather?

Yeah, I think our cruise end of August will be cancelled. It is on Celebrity. No way they can shorten a 12 day to a 7 day.

Jan, So happy you guys tested negative. Whew......You know I am so unsure about cruising that I have a "book flights" reminder on my calendar, but not until July for the end of August cruise.....

Belle, glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. With the headlines, makes me wonder if any of us is safe from this virus. But, I (and hubby persist). We have't left the house since Saturday. We're just trying to stay home as much as we can. 

Mel, great the pool is going forward. Exciting. We live in a very hot climate. Hubby thought about a pool but I know how that will go......just another thing I have to take care of. So no pool. 

See everyone tomorrow for weigh-in. 

Diana

5 hours ago, Belle said:

Mel..How exciting to pick stuff out for your pool. Hope the permit comes next week

for you. How long did they say it would take to build it accounting for winter weather?

Once we have the permit, it will take about a week and a half to schedule the dig. They are quoting us 120 days from the day of the dig to completion. There's a spa, firepit, and small outdoor kitchen in there too. They've hinted that it probably won't take that long.

1 hour ago, winewanderer said:

Mel, great the pool is going forward. Exciting. We live in a very hot climate. Hubby thought about a pool but I know how that will go......just another thing I have to take care of. So no pool.

I had a pool growing up, so I'm familiar with what goes into the up keep. We didn't have a Polaris, so it was a lot of work. We have one included in our price and are thinking of upgrading to the one that climbs walls so it shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as it was 30 years ago. 

Mel.. Nice your added the extra's to building the pool. Might as well do

it all at once. Going to be heated? So by March you could use it if weather was good.

Hope it's on schedule for you and family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL....ENJOY WITH WHOEVER YOU CAN BE WITH....SAFELY!

8 hours ago, Belle said:

Mel.. Nice your added the extra's to building the pool. Might as well do

it all at once. Going to be heated? So by March you could use it if weather was good.

Hope it's on schedule for you and family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL....ENJOY WITH WHOEVER YOU CAN BE WITH....SAFELY!

It will be heated, but they told us that we can't use the spa for 2 weeks or so after it's finished so that the plaster can cure. 100+ degrees isn't good for the finish those first few weeks. We're going to have the inaugural "polar bear" swim in the pool as soon as it's ready, even if it is  just a quick jump in and race each other out of the cold water. Late April is usually starting to get warm enough here to swim without a heater, and it's not like we'll be heating the pool to 100 degrees. Either way, we'll be using it pretty quickly.