Not a good sign......

Shippy

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I have no idea but I have to ask....you see a lot of pregnant women on Regent, do you?

I was thinking of Qantas requirement.  BTW, Regent has just extended until sailings through 31 May the delay of final payment until 60 days before sailing.

10 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If Regent REQUIRES the vaccine to get on the ship, they won't require masks. There is no point if EVERYONE has the vaccine.

Not completely true, even after the vaccine requirement goes into effect, there will still be the at this point 5% to 10%  of the people taking the vaccine who will not be immune.  Yes, eventually the masks and other preventative measures will become a thing of the past but, not for awhile until there is no risk of people on board having COVID.  IMHO masks will be required for the majority of 2021,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

BTW, Regent has just extended until sailings through 31 May the delay of final payment until 60 days before sailing.

However:

Cancellation penalties will remain at their current level until the new final payment date.

28 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I have no idea but I have to ask....you see a lot of pregnant women on Regent, do you?

It sounds weird. I mean even though I find it a bit risky going on cruise  while you are pregnant, I dont find anything wrong with it at all.  As long as its only the early months of pregnancy and there is someone to look after that person - everything should be just fine 

19 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

We will see...=)

Yes we will 😀

And there will need to be a secure way to verify the people have actually had the vaccine.  Have been reading about people faking the COVID testing to allow them to enter certain countries so sure there will be forgeries to try to prove people have taken the vaccine.

3 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Yes we will 😀

And there will need to be a secure way to verify the people have actually had the vaccine.  Have been reading about people faking the COVID testing to allow them to enter certain countries so sure there will be forgeries to try to prove people have taken the vaccine.

They will be implanting a chip with the vaccine so you can easily be scanned to verify vaccination.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

They will be implanting a chip with the vaccine so you can easily be scanned to verify vaccination.

You mean a chip like the one our dog has, should he go lost? A chip under the skin?

I don't think so...haha!

What about the yellow vaccination card with the stickers from the vial your shot came from, etc. We have one from our yellow fever shots Why couldn't a covid vaccinatoin be added to that?

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

You mean a chip like the one our dog has, should he go lost? A chip under the skin?

I don't think so...haha!

What about the yellow vaccination card with the stickers from the vial your shot came from, etc. We have one from our yellow fever shots Why couldn't a covid vaccinatoin be added to that?

Agree...

sheila

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

Could be easily forged.  Have to have something very difficult to replicate.  The chip in the vaccine has to be a joke as none are small enough to get thru the syringe and would not want it in my blood stream. 

52 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Wouldn't it just be a hell of a lot easier to just have the vaccine than go to the trouble and expense of forged vaccination documentation?  Geeze people, get real.

Unfortunately millions of people don't believe in vaccines and sure at least some of them want to cruise.  Just think of those people forging documents that they tested when it would be easier to simply take the COVID test.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Regent has just extended until sailings through 31 May the delay of final payment until 60 days before sailing.

3 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Cancellation penalties will remain at their current level until the new final payment date.

Where did this information come from?  I can't find it on Regent's website, and I have received no notice from Regent regarding my May 16 booking.

And if the cancellation penalties remain in effect, does that mean that if you cancel 61 days before sailing, that you would have to make the final payment and take your refund as 100% FCC under Regent Reassurance or else pay a penalty per the normal cancellation schedule? 

49 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Unfortunately millions of people don't believe in vaccines and sure at least some of them want to cruise.  Just think of those people forging documents that they tested when it would be easier to simply take the COVID test.

Well if they don't believe in vaccines- hard luck, you will not be cruising , going out, restaurants, hotels, the new "21st century lepers"- welcome to the real world post covid-19. Sorry to sound harsh, but time to get real, if I cruise I don't want to mix with super spreaders. No vaccination certificate- NO TRAVEL.

• Like 7

I also thought of the yellow fever card when proof of the vaccine started to be a possible proof to board. It was really difficult to find a place in SW Florida to get a yellow fever vaccine, and it was very expensive. But the cost was trivial compared to the cost of the cruise that we needed it for. Everyone on our Silver Whisper cruise was required to have their proof of vaccine to board. This seems to work, so why not extend that to Covid19, updating it whenever you update your vaccine. I wouldn't mind if the cruise lines required proof of flu vaccine. Anything that can keep the sick people from boarding would make my cruise experience better.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Regent has just extended until sailings through 31 May the delay of final payment until 60 days before sailing.

9 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

However:

4 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Where did this information come from?  I can't find it on Regent's website, and I have received no notice from Regent regarding my May 16 booking.

And if the cancellation penalties remain in effect, does that mean that if you cancel 61 days before sailing, that you would have to make the final payment and take your refund as 100% FCC under Regent Reassurance or else pay a penalty per the normal cancellation schedule? 

On October 6, 2020, I canceled my December 7, 2020 cruise two or three days before the 60-day final payment date. The entire deposit was refunded minus the $100 per person administrative fee that can be applied to a future cruise. The normal cancellation penalties between 60 and 120 days were not applicable.

Dave

• Thanks 1

I have just checked my account and final payment for our April cruise is still showing 90 days. Currently we wouldn’t wish to have to pay this before New Year as it is unlikely that Regent will be honest about their sailing intentions by then. Is there a different rule for the UK?

11 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

I also thought of the yellow fever card when proof of the vaccine started to be a possible proof to board. It was really difficult to find a place in SW Florida to get a yellow fever vaccine, and it was very expensive. But the cost was trivial compared to the cost of the cruise that we needed it for. Everyone on our Silver Whisper cruise was required to have their proof of vaccine to board. This seems to work, so why not extend that to Covid19, updating it whenever you update your vaccine. I wouldn't mind if the cruise lines required proof of flu vaccine. Anything that can keep the sick people from boarding would make my cruise experience better.

Yes, the yellow fever shot was a difficult one to find and very expensive. We "had" to have it for a Regent trip up the Amazon, as it was necessary to go ashore at Devil's Island. 

We pad the 300$ each for a shot, finally tracked down a place to get it (an hour each way).

Upon boarding, we proudly presented our yellow cards, not even looked it...told to hang on to it.

I checked at reception as to when to show it, should a copy be made? etc. Answer, was...."oh I don't know, I'm not familiar with that".....(really?)

Long story short, it was never looked at, never checked.....so much for 600$ down the drain.

I would sure hope that if the covid vaccine is required, it would be thoroughly checked out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveFr said:

The normal cancellation penalties between 60 and 120 days were not applicable.

That is good to hear, and that policy would make sense to coincide with a altered final-payment date.

However, Regent is either inconsistent with the policy, or is failing in the messaging.  The wording of the policy email is opposite from your experience.

Here is the full email from yesterday.  Note the warning about NOT changing the penalties (paragraph #2).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: NOVEMBER 23, 2020

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. We are modifying our payment schedule for voyages departing through May 31, 2021 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

Invoices will not reflect the new final payment date. Cancellation penalties will remain at their current level until the new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises