Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

Dear oh dear, my DW came home and for the first time since January had to bin 2 Pfizer doses today, she was only doing seconds. Some people didn’t turn up and she couldn’t find anyone else at short notice in the hospital who still needed one. I’m 30 minutes drive away but get mine next week anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I've got one of those. Was going to ask if they'd put the COVID-19 shot there too...

I took my card with me both times and the nurse filled in both my yellow card and the Government Covid vaccination card with the date and lot number of my vaccination.

For what that is worth, which in this electronic age is probably about nothing ...

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 4:48 PM, jpalbny said:

My sister says that you can already buy fake CDC vaccination cards over the internet...

It’s probably low risk of getting caught, but the penalty for forging or falsifying a Federal document is stiff - up to 20 years.  Much easier to just get the jab.  
I got my 2nd this morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I hope this is all worth it, I have been sick since getting my 2nd Moderna shot, more than a few days now.....ICK.  

hoping to feel better soon!

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to read this☹️.......although I know that means it is supposed to be working, I hope you feel better soon.  I had Moderna as well........no issues after the 2nd shot and the first shot I only had a sore arm and ended up sleeping really well!

15 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I hope this is all worth it, I have been sick since getting my 2nd Moderna shot, more than a few days now.....ICK.  

Crud. Feel better soon!

I had kind of a delayed reaction. Got the shot on Friday before a 3-day weekend. Felt fine Sat and Sunday. Thought I'd escaped... Started feeling tired on Monday and was exhausted for another day or two. But I don't think it was much worse in terms of feeling really ill. Hard to remember details now as it's been 3 months.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution and hope you're back to your usual self soon!

On 4/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, crusinbanjo said:

Get better soon!!!!!

So far I didnt get the shot, but my husband got his 1st last Monday. He only got headache for a day. He got AstraZeneca, so the next shot is in 3 months. Since I am under 60 with no pre condintion and I can work from home, I am not included in the list for vaccine for the next 2 month. I hope I will be in the July list! Because of that, no plans to cruise this year. Still deciding what we will do next year.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, crusinbanjo said:

I’m sorry to hear that.  Hoping you are feeling better soon.
If it helps you at all, my wife (doctorate in pharmacology) points out that post-vax illness is a great sign your immune system is mounting a strong response and the vax is having a good effect.

I was fortunate - I had my 2nd Pfizer three weeks ago and felt fine after both.  My 16 year old son, however, felt poorly for a day after his 2nd dose, and my wife, who got her second back in January, was absolutely as sick as I’ve ever seen her for 24 hrs after. But as she said, “If that was a taste of Covid, I want nothing to do with an actual infection.”

Additionally, I have a good friend who was both sick with Covid last year, and just recently got his vaccination, which left him feeling cruddy for a couple of days.
His only comment was, “Well, now I’ve had Covid AND the vaccine - trust me, you want the vax.”

Edited by Arlopop
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Arlopop said:

I’m sorry to hear that.  Hoping you are feeling better soon.
If it helps you at all, my wife (doctorate in pharmacology) points out that post-vax illness is a great sign your immune system is mounting a strong response and the vax is having a good effect.

I was fortunate - I had my 2nd Pfizer three weeks ago and felt fine after both.  My 16 year old son, however, felt poorly for a day after his 2nd dose, and my wife, who got her second back in January, was absolutely as sick as I’ve ever seen her for 24 hrs after. But as she said, “If that was a taste of Covid, I want nothing to do with an actual infection.”

Additionally, I have a good friend who was both sick with Covid last year, and just recently got his vaccination, which left him feeling cruddy for a couple of days.
His only comment was, “Well, now I’ve had Covid AND the vaccine - trust me, you want the vax.”

The good News is that on Monday, the night sweats were finally over.  The shivers ended on Saturday.  Thanks all, feeling much better now!  Side effects lasted almost 7 days, the worst over in 4 days then just the night sweats...... Glad that is done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

The good News is that on Monday, the night sweats were finally over.  The shivers ended on Saturday.  Thanks all, feeling much better now!  Side effects lasted almost 7 days, the worst over in 4 days then just the night sweats...... Glad that is done!

So happy to see you are feeling better!😃

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I had similar side effects. They were really strange!!!

Sure beats the alternative though.

Glad you have weathered the storm of immunity!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

But now you’re bulletproof lol, sweaty, but bulletproof 

glad to hear you’re feeling better 

• Like 1

What I think will be very interesting to watch when ships begin to sail.  Those ships who have a 100% passenger vaccine requirement and those who do not.  Will infections #'s be release on no-vax required sailings?  Will zero infections on cruise lines who have a compulsory vax be released?

And, if a cruise line who has infections affect those who have none?  Shutting all? down if infections occur.  Allowing the lines that have mandatory vaccinations  to keep sailing? A large MSC ship with no vax requirements is vastly different than a much smaller Silversea ship with 100% vax requirements.  

And those ships whose pax are vaxxed, have a teeny tiny chance of hospitalization ( like .001%) Do any ships have to carry therapeutics??? I think monoclonal antibodies have to be administered thru IV? Is this something a cruise ship can even perform???  I would think the ships requiring 100% vax would be in a much better position with regard to sailing with passengers chances of  becoming seriously ill or dying. 

Going to be very interesting.  

Edited by kimanjo
number
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The risk of being on a non vaccinated cruise go far beyond your own health.  If just a couple people get COVID the entire ship will be quarantined for probably two weeks.  I would imagine people wouldn't be able leave their room.   The publicity to the cruise line could also be devastating.

Personally I think its some ones right not to get vaccinated, I just don't want to be on a cruise with them.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Guinea pig In the name of science. 😉

At least they didn't charge you a Guinea for the privilege!  [As I understand the term was coined for the then-new tax on Perukes, which had 'pig tails']

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

The risk of being on a non vaccinated cruise go far beyond your own health.  If just a couple people get COVID the entire ship will be quarantined for probably two weeks.  I would imagine people wouldn't be able leave their room.   The publicity to the cruise line could also be devastating.

Personally I think its some ones right not to get vaccinated, I just don't want to be on a cruise with them.

Does anyone knows which cruise line will require 100% vaccinated guets and crew? When I finally got the vaccine I would like to cruise, but only on ship with this rule. 

• Like 1