Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

In North Florida it is a “cluster”. Even as a first responder and well over 70, we have been unable to get a vaccine.  I heard a local doctor might have the vaccine but only for her established patients!  Unfortunately, I might have to go to her because I think I re -injured my meniscus after a long walk today.  Bummer.

10 hours ago, rucrazy said:

I thought this line from the cruise line most interesting..."Guests that are exempt from the vaccine for whatever reason will not be allowed to cruise."

Joseph

This is from The Saga Website;

What if I am exempt from receiving the vaccine?

If you are exempt from receiving the vaccine you will be able to travel with us by confirming the exemption at the time of booking and again at the time of travel.

Edited by beaujolais
edit

5 hours ago, beaujolais said:

This is from The Saga Website;

What if I am exempt from receiving the vaccine?

If you are exempt from receiving the vaccine you will be able to travel with us by confirming the exemption at the time of booking and again at the time of travel.

The above no longer applies.

’What if I am exempt from receiving the vaccine?’

‘Sadly we would not be able to allow you to cruise’

This is from the Vaccination Q&A section posted yesterday.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

The above no longer applies.

’What if I am exempt from receiving the vaccine?’

‘Sadly we would not be able to allow you to cruise’

This is from the Vaccination Q&A section posted yesterday.

Makes more sense, let's hope that other cruise lines follow this lead

Yes here down under we are waiting for our vaccinations but that is the fair and proper thing.There is no Covid emergency here so we have not had Emergency Authorisations of vaccines.Pfizer does have Conditional Authorisation now.

We also don't know whether Pfizer will begin it's delivery on time.No Moderna or J&J vaccine coming our way as they refuse to negotiate with the Government.

But the Oxford vaccine is being manufactured here so will be what most people get.

• Like 5

On 1/31/2021 at 7:56 PM, drron29 said:

Yes here down under we are waiting for our vaccinations but that is the fair and proper thing.There is no Covid emergency here so we have not had Emergency Authorisations of vaccines.Pfizer does have Conditional Authorisation now.

We also don't know whether Pfizer will begin it's delivery on time.No Moderna or J&J vaccine coming our way as they refuse to negotiate with the Government.

But the Oxford vaccine is being manufactured here so will be what most people get.

Has the Oxford/Astra vaccination been give approval yet by Australian Medical Authorities?

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Has the Oxford/Astra vaccination been give approval yet by Australian Medical Authorities?

No, not yet. We are in the fortunate position we can wait given our limited amount of community transmission nationwide (there are only 16 active cases at present outside  of hotel quarantine). It may be a few weeks or so away. Further, there may be restrictions on categories who receive it given some evidence of lack of efficacy in older people at the present time. There is, too, general public tolerance of keeping our borders closed for now.  I'm sure drron29 has a view.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

Miss Dr W  (or is Dr Miss W?) has been told via her hospital they will be given Oxford in late Feb.  As a JMO she isn't eligible for Pfizer.. 

A friend who is also JMO but is on ICU rotation got the go for Pfizer....  given she will be on a different team a few days later  and Miss Dr W in ICU ????

Edited by MrsWaldo

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Being 65 and healthy, we will not even be considered until sometime in April, assuming vaccine is available in our state.  

Not sure when I am going to be able to get vaccinated.  I’m in the 1b category so qualify but the supply here is very low and appointments extremely difficult to get.  Still waiting in my wife’s hematologist to say yay or nay to her getting vaccinated.  My wife’s next routine appointment is in April so we may not know until then.   There is an outside chance that her agency.....a military medical command but on the administrative side not direct patient care....will start vaccinating their personnel sooner than April.  If they do my wife will contact her doctor for guidance.

• Like 1

We will get our 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow.  Was very lucky in January to be on the county site when the opened vaccine appointments in January.  Was able to get two appointments plus called our cruise friend neighbors and they were also able to get appointments the same day.

Following week they opened vaccines at Publix and was able to get my neighbors mom an appointment for the Moderna jab.

Basically luck in first case and combination of luck and IT persistence on the second.

We did get out first vaccine last Friday not because of our ages, but because we are first responders.  I was shocked to learn that the entire county had only received 100 doses for the week!  I was also amazed to see that the reception staff at the county health department was not wearing masks and the RN who administered the shot had a mask that kept slipping down below her nose.  

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I don't know when I will be able to get one either.......62.  Probably not for at least another 3/4 

months☹️ It is only for 65 and older now.

Lois you may qualify if you have other conditions. Check it out with your docs

6 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We will get our second dose of Pfizer tomorrow. I hear its a doozy.

I get my second Pfizer tomorrow.   Hope it's not a doozy 🙂    Those who got the 2nd Moderna last week said no reaction at all.   Perhaps it's all personal.   Hope so because I've decided not to flinch:-)

• Like 4