Video Costa Deliziosa last month during covid

Jimmyke

2020 was a difficult year for every cruise enthusiast. We were lucky to be able to do 3 cruises in 2020 (one Danube river cruise and 2 Costa cruises Deliziosa and Smeralda). Obviously, a lot of precautions had to be taken for everyone's safety before boarding (twice PCR Covid Test). On board too, precautions had to be taken all the time (social distancing, wearing face masks, not being able to disembark freely, no sharing tables for dinner/entertainment, contact tracing device with you at every time) but it is what it is! We made the best of it right now. We enjoyed the good food onboard Costa Deliziosa, the friendly staff, the beautiful weather and some interesting ports of call. There was also one positive aspect to this covid situation: only +-500 passengers on board (normal capacity: 2826). This gave a calm, relaxed and safe feeling in all public places on the ship. At the end of the cruise there was the opportunity to be tested on board the night before disembarkation. Costa Cruises made a serious effort and should be appreciated for the commitment and taking the lead to keep cruise tourism afloat despite knowing what the future will hold and what the new normal will be. Itinerary 6 days: Trieste - Bari - Brindisi - Syracuse - Catania - sea day - Trieste

Please enjoy our video from this trip:

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your personal trip video for us to get an insight of what's happening onboard.  You definitely enjoyed yourself, particularly the good food, desserts and free flow of booze....! OMG! I  always love that whole fish!

The video is very balanced with some sightseeing points, a few places in Sicily where I visited many years ago. Entertainment was also welcoming... I can see there were considerably lesser passengers than usual, by the pool or at the Grand Bar.  I noticed most Costa staff wore face masks, except for a few in certain circumstances when they were doing some group dances and games at the Grand Bar.

Hope that I will on Costa Pacifica again in March 2022 from Dubai to Europe!

6 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

Thank you for sharing your personal trip video for us to get an insight of what's happening onboard.  You definitely enjoyed yourself, particularly the good food, desserts and free flow of booze....! OMG! I  always love that whole fish!

The video is very balanced with some sightseeing points, a few places in Sicily where I visited many years ago. Entertainment was also welcoming... I can see there were considerably lesser passengers than usual, by the pool or at the Grand Bar.  I noticed most Costa staff wore face masks, except for a few in certain circumstances when they were doing some group dances and games at the Grand Bar.

Hope that I will on Costa Pacifica again in March 2022 from Dubai to Europe!

Yes, only 500 passengers! Costa staff always wore the face masks except for the one speaking (only 1 per show). When not wearing the mask they were well trained to keep distance when people come to close, all went smoothly.  

1 hour ago, maryann2 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful video. I'm so glad that everything went smoothly.

I loved the ports, hopefully soon we will all be able to visit them.

Yes let's be hopeful for the near future!

I really appreciate you posting the wonderful video of your cruise.  What a luxury to have only 500 cruisers on the ship.  It looks like Costa is doing a good job of keeping people safe.  I’m looking forward to the time when all of us can resume cruising.  Meanwhile, it was so good to watch your video.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:35 PM, nwcruiselover said:

I really appreciate you posting the wonderful video of your cruise.  What a luxury to have only 500 cruisers on the ship.  It looks like Costa is doing a good job of keeping people safe.  I’m looking forward to the time when all of us can resume cruising.  Meanwhile, it was so good to watch your video.  Thanks again!

Thank you for your appreciation.  Indeed we loved the smaller amount of people on board and the more personalized service. After that cruise we were on the very big Smeralda and started with only 250 cruisers ! Video will follow so keep watching ;-)))  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, nwcruiselover said:

Thank you so much for the very enjoyable video!  In this time of cruise deprivation for most of us, it’s so uplifting to see this video of your wonderful cruise on the beautiful Costa Smeralda.  What a treat—thanks so much for sharing!  Nancy

Thank you Nancy, it's a pleasure to share our experience and sharing the hope to resume cruising soon!