All Caribbean cruises longer than 7 days removed from Royal's site?

nunuc2000

11 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

We have an 8 day cruise booked for May, but it looks like all their 8 day and longer US based cruises have disappeared... uh oh. 

6 minutes ago, New Mexico 8 said:

We have one booked for Nov. and it has disappeared  I can't  decide if I should be worried or not.. It is 15 day..I am hoping all will be changed be Nov.

All cruises more than 7 days are no longer on the site as required by the cdc...no cruises more than 7 days can sail or be offered for sale.  We have 3 in that category.  Applies to any such cruise that sails from or to a US port.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

All cruises more than 7 days are no longer on the site as required by the cdc...no cruises more than 7 days can sail or be offered for sale.  We have 3 in that category.  Applies to any such cruise that sails from or to a US port.

But I wonder ....by Nov. if cruising  starts  and is successful. if CDC will lift that rule.. then maybe our cruise will be ago.

What do you think??? 

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

And yet it still shows up as an active booking on our account. Well that's confusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nunuc2000 said:

And yet it still shows up as an active booking on our account. Well that's confusing.

Cruises haven't been cancelled.   I think they are waiting to see what happens.   Schedule a new itinerary?   Problem is with the longer TAs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Cruises haven't been cancelled.   I think they are waiting to see what happens.   Schedule a new itinerary?   Problem is with the longer TAs.

The problem is that we are also not able to book another longer cruise on the front end or tail end, and the air travel that goes along with that. It just screws everything up not knowing if this one will be a go or not. The only option is for us to cancel it, and only book 7 day or less cruises as back to backs. What a gongshow!

1 minute ago, nunuc2000 said:

The problem is that we are also not able to book another longer cruise on the front end or tail end, and the air travel that goes along with that. It just screws everything up not knowing if this one will be a go or not. The only option is for us to cancel it, and only book 7 day or less cruises as back to backs. What a gongshow!

No guarantee that you will be allowed to do a back to back.  They were not allowed in Europe. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No guarantee that you will be allowed to do a back to back.  They were not allowed in Europe. 

No what I want to hear.  Didn't know they were not allowed in Europe.  All of our bookings for  2021 are (out of US) and  B2B.  

Thanks

M

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We were able to book one for Europe for September 2021... I haven't seen any info about that for Europe... Unless this is a VERY recent policy and Princess hasn't informed us yet? 

Just now, nunuc2000 said:

We were able to book one for Europe for September 2021... I haven't seen any info about that for Europe... Unless this is a VERY recent policy and Princess hasn't informed us yet? 

Yes you can book them.  Whether you will be allowed to sail them is another thing and will depend on the restrictions.  The ones I was referring to are the cruises that started a couple months ago in Europe. Every cruise right now prior to Nov 1 out of the US could be impacted. 

• Thanks 1

Well this definitely puts a very bad spin on things... we ALWAYS book at least B2B cruises (and sometimes 3 or 4 legs) as our flights from here in Western Canada are ridiculously priced. But if the US is imposing a "no back to back" cruise policy, then for sure that rules us out entirely. Flights need to be booked very soon for spring cruising to keep them to a "manageable" $1800 for the two of us. But if at any moment we could have the proverbial cruise rug pulled out from under us, we would be stuck with out of pocket costs for flights we can't even use.  Same thing goes for Europe... have to book those flights by January to keep them priced at a modest $2400.

Good grief. At this rate, we honestly can't even contemplate cruising for at least another 18 months without risking thousands in non-refundable travel costs.  

Edited by nunuc2000

We're on the Rhapsody 14 nt TA in April and then a 7 nt in Europe and in October an eleven nt followed by a 10 nt TA from Southampton.  Don't expect April to happen.   Have hopes for October.   No April  2022 TA listed so I can't do a L&S yet.

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

I wouldn't put it past RCL at this point to start turning 8/9 day cruises into 7 day itineraries should the 7's start sailing but the 8/9's not be allowed........ with the requisite $100 per room credit for the missing 1or 2 days of course.....🙄

I'm not sure that's even feasible though.. Currently the Independence is scheduled for a 8, 6,8,6 day run... if they switch to all 7 days, then they also have to figure out how to squeeze their big ships into a dock area on a Saturday that is already at capacity with existing scheduled ships.  Then there's the ports to figure out for the same reasons, and the list goes on and on.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t  count on spring happening at all 

Ya... I'm thinking we're looking at late 2021/ early 2022 at the soonest before we can safely cruise again.  Oh well.  Could be worse for sure... first world problems, right? I'm just dreading a bleak winter with no hope for escape for the forseeable future. 😞 

1 minute ago, PigsCanFly said:

We just got offers from Club Royale with cruises more than 7 nights.  I have tried to sign up and am awaiting confirmation one way or another.

HAHA!!!!! As your moniker infers.. that will happen then!!

55 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

And weirdly enough.. I JUST received a promo email from NCL for a 9nt cruise from Miami for this April... guess they didn't get the CDC memo. Ooops.