Coral Princess - June 16, 2021 Cruise Cancelled

adkcruiser

adkcruiser, sorry to hear about your cruise.  We just got the dreaded cancellation notice from Princess.  We knew it was only a matter of time that our 14-day July cruise to Alaska would be cancelled.  I am glad that Princess let us know early rather than later.  Keeping our fingers crossed that our 7-day cruise scheduled for August is still a go.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, adkcruiser said:

Received an email from Princess this am indicating that our June 16th cruise (BTB) on the Coral Princess has been cancelled.😪

The title of your post is misleading, the Coral 16 June 2021 cruise has not been cancelled.....not yet anyway.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:42 AM, YORKI1 said:

The title of your post is misleading, the Coral 16 June 2021 cruise has not been cancelled.....not yet anyway.

Here we are 2 days later and that particular cruise in on the cancelled list.

Mine was to be June 10, 2021, Ruby Princess, and it was cancelled too. (Had June 2020 booked for same cruise).

Again...good reason to be doing some research on the Princess board. Maybe Coral isn't going to be in Alaska now....I don't know, but there isn't an obvious reason to cancel a number of cruises, other than if the ship isn't going to be doing that route or area, for some reason.

15 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Again...good reason to be doing some research on the Princess board. Maybe Coral isn't going to be in Alaska now....I don't know, but there isn't an obvious reason to cancel a number of cruises, other than if the ship isn't going to be doing that route or area, for some reason.

They appear to be cancelling anyone on a B2B cruise. The individual cruises seem to be going on as normal.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, adstz said:

Here we are 2 days later and that particular cruise in on the cancelled list.

Mine was to be June 10, 2021, Ruby Princess, and it was cancelled too. (Had June 2020 booked for same cruise).

😒 

The current CDC rules will allow cleared lines to run cruises of 7 days or less from US ports. I wonder if a B2B, being 14 days, violates the guidelines, hence the cancellation?

I have a 10-day cruise tour booked, departing Fairbanks on June 6, with the ship (Coral Princess) departing Whittier on June 9 (the departure after the original poster's), and we haven't received that dreaded email.