Itinerary Release/Extension (2023)

Stumblefoot

While the itinerary schedule extension typically occurs in late September, the delay to Tue., Dec 1 will see ship voyages extended through:

Classic Fleet

• Dawn - Mar 23, 2023
  • Moon - Mar 16, 2023
  • Muse - Apr 26, 2023
  • Shadow - Dec 21, 2022
  • Spirit - Mar 24, 2023
  • Whisper - May 5, 2023

Expedition Fleet

• Cloud - Feb 25, 2023
  • Explorer - Mar 4, 2023
  • Origin - Apr 1, 2023
  • Wind - Feb 28, 2023

Highlights according to a variety of Silversea personnel include:

• Dawn 
    • After spending the spring, summer, and early fall of '22 in the Med, she'll finish off the season with two voyages in the Canary Islands and Cape Verde, including a stop where the Gambia River meets the Atlantic Ocean.  The turnaround port will be Dakar in Senegal.
    • The winter of '23 will be spent in the Caribbean.
  • Moon 
    • The anointed ship for three grand voyages (Mediterranean, Norther Europe, and South America), she'll spend the summer of '22 plying the Baltic Sea and North Sea before heading southwest to transit the Panama Canal thrice before circumnavigating the South American continent during the winter of '23.
  • Muse 
    • Joining the Shadow for the Alaska summer of '22 sailing season, she'll spend the fall in Japan before sailing along the China coast and throughout Asia onto her winter grounds of '23 of Australia and New Zealand, before returning to Japan in the spring.
  • Shadow
    • Will tail the Muse through a similar program and end the '22 schedule with a Christmas voyage between Bali and Sydney.
  • Spirit
    • Voyages return to the Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean with some stopping near Jerusalem and Nazareth during the spring, summer, and fall of '22. 
    • The winter of '23 will find her plying the typical Asian route between Hong Kong and Singapore before heading through the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea on her way back to Athens in the spring.
  • Whisper
    • After spending late spring and summer of '22 in Northern Europe, the British Isles, and Iceland, she'll spend the fall in northeastern Canada and the U.S. before heading south to Chile to begin the late fall crossing to the South Pacific in order to spend the early to mid winter of '23 in Australia and New Zealand.
    • The spring of '23 will be spent in Japan.
  • Cloud
    • Typical Arctic and Antarctic schedule
  • Explorer
    • The temptations of Explorer are vast.
    • Spring of '22 looks incredible as Explorer will start her program in Cape Town and cruise along the eastern coast of Africa to Zanzibar, Tanzania.  From there, she will spend a week and half cruising amongst the Seychelles islands to Mahé before spending nearly half of May exploring the islands of Sri Lanka, the Mergui Archipelago of Myanmar, and North Sumatra’s Gunung Leuser National Park before ending in Singapore.
    • Summer of '22 will be spent exploring the Northern Territory and Kimberley region of Australia with exploration of the South Pacific in the fall of '22 before heading further across the Pacific to South America in order to begin the Antarctica Bridge season at King George Island.
    • A big highlight of the Antarctic season will be the voyage immediately after the conclusion of the Antarctica Bridge season; two weeks in Antarctica including seven full days in the deep south.  This would include the McMurdo Station area which is more than 12 degrees further south than most Antarctic voyages travel such as Petermann Island, Pleneau Island, or the Lemaire Channel.
  • Origin
    • Traditional Galápagos program.
  • Wind
    • Quite an aggressive program, the Wind will be in South America at the beginning of spring '22, with a voyage from Fortaleza, Brazil to Bridgetown, Bardbados that will sail up and down the Amazon river, before heading up the eastern coasts of the U.S. and Canada to traverse the North Atlantic to England. 
    • The summer of '22 will find her in the Arctic and Greenland before transiting the Northwest Passage between Kangerlussuaq and Nome.
    • Early to mid-fall of '22 will find her along the western coast of the U.S. and Mexico before heading south to spend late fall and winter plying the Drake Passage back-n-forth to Antarctica.

• Thanks 1

Very interesting and I'm looking forward to the detail.  As someone interested in the World Cruise 2023 I'm trying to work out how that fits in. At the webinar yesterday, discussed in another thread, it was said WC2023 would be announced in January.  A few months ago many of us were asked for our views on options which included the possibility of WC2023 starting in Sydney rather than Fort Lauderdale. Applying my very unrenowned detective skills could it be that WC2023 will be on Shadow and embark from Sydney? That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Applying my very unrenowned detective skills could it be that WC2023 will be on Shadow and embark from Sydney? That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Since other classic ships already have itineraries for spring 2023, Shadow is the only remaining ship that can be used for world cruise.

Stumblefoot. ..Many Thanks for the detailed update for 2022 cruising plans for the fleet which at this point in time seems a reasonable but by no means certain time for resumption if all goes well with ridding the World of the awful Pandemic.

Do not understand why Silversea would in the SUMMER of 2022 have four of the largest ships in the fleet,Muse Moon Whisper and Shadow spending the whole summer in the cold climates of Alaska and Northern Europe and the Baltic.Maybe the new owners RC want their SMALL ships doing the cold itineraries and the 5000+ passenger ships doing the Warmer areas of the World.

• Thanks 1

Looks like there is not going to be a Northwest Passage itinerary on the Cloud in 2022?  I’ve got it booked in Aug/Sept 2021, but not sure it will be clear if it will sail by the time final payment is due in April.  Was hoping to move it to 2022, but appears that will not be possible.

6 hours ago, stines said:

Thank you, stumblefoot. So sorry about that. Was focusing more on the SS glossy when I should have paid more attention to your excellent summary.

No problem, stines.  Enjoy planning your trip!  Should be fantastic whenever you choose to go.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, turtlemichael said:

Very interesting and I'm looking forward to the detail.  As someone interested in the World Cruise 2023 I'm trying to work out how that fits in. At the webinar yesterday, discussed in another thread, it was said WC2023 would be announced in January.  A few months ago many of us were asked for our views on options which included the possibility of WC2023 starting in Sydney rather than Fort Lauderdale. Applying my very unrenowned detective skills could it be that WC2023 will be on Shadow and embark from Sydney? That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

TM - we got the brochure from SS today.  In looking at them, it is obvious that WC 2023 will be on the Shadow instead of the Whisper.  The Whisper Jan-March 2023 cruises as do not appear to be WC segments.  All the other ships have 2023 itineraries and none of these appear to be WC segments On the other hand, the last cruise listed for the Shadow is 18 days leaving Dec 21st from Bali to Sydney.  The Shadow has no cruises listed for Jan 2023 and beyond which tells me it will be the WC 2023 ship.  Good detective work early on TM.

We are excited about leaving from Sydney and spending some pre cruise time there.  We will be interested in the itinerary and the pricing.

Edited by DCCruiser57
added content
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

The new itineraries, foreshadowed by Stumblefoot in the first post here, are now on the website.  Love it.

And, in general, pricing is very rich compared with itinerary releases of the past.  For an over the top example, check out the pricing on the 20-Day "Deep South" Antarctic voyage on the Explorer in February 2023.  $65,000 for a Vista suite and $92,000 for a Veranda suite per couple. 😲😲😲  Also, if you thought Silversea was proud of the Silver Origin when they released initial pricing for the winter of 2021, they are really proud of her now looking at the winter of 2023 pricing.  7-days in the least expensive Veranda runs around $22,000 per couple. 😥

• Like 1

Yes, I thought the prices of all the new itineraries were a good 20% higher than I might have expected.  I know that SS are probably suffering more than they admit but I, for one, won't be rushing into any bookings. Certainly not when the future is still so uncertain. 

• Like 2

The trip I'm interested in is the b2b2b on Muse at the beginning of next November Singapore-Hong Kong-Singapore-Sydney. The first two legs were put into the Silversea program yesterday too apparently signaling the cancelation of the refit at that time. This is discussed in another thread.

Prices for that trip are very reasonable because tours are not included. It comes before the changes that seem to have made prices leap in the bulk of cruises added yesterday. The reality of course is that if we want to do a tour, which we will, or just leave the ship, we may have to do a Silversea tour for covid19 safety reasons.

The dilemmas are - is it too soon? Will Singapore and the other ports be open to us? What will the covid19 protocols on the ship be at that point in time? At that point will Australia allow us to dock without quarantining?

We are going to take the view that to we'll be prepared to book with the minimal deposit now required though we will not be prepared to put real money on the table until we are sure of the answers to our dilemmas above.

• Like 1

We booked a January 2023 Antarctica cruise this morning. We want to go to South Georgia and there is nothing we want in 2021/2022 -- only the first cruise of the season in November, and a very expensive holiday cruise. 

We don't want to take the risk of paying everything up-front and were very disappointed to find out that the "minimal deposit" now is 25% of the full price. Still quite a bit of real money to risk. I thought Silversea had lowered their deposits but it looks like they raised them back up for 2022/2023.