Which dock in Liverpool?

Sunflower & The Scientist

It’s the cruise terminal near the Three Graces buildings with the Liver Birds on top, and the Beatles statues.  Liverpool is a very walkable and there is plenty to do.  Just ask if you have more questions as we used to go there regularly for a short stay before Covid and know it quite well.  

• Like 1

There are loads of these locks at Albert Dock, which also has museums, a Tate Liverpool Art Gallery, and good little independent shops and restaurants.  Liverpool One is a compact shopping area.  Both the cathedrals are within walking distance, the Anglican one (traditional) and the Catholic one (known as Paddy’s Wigwam because of its style) are both worth a visit and free to enter, just donations requested. Also walking distance is the Museum of Liverpool  and the Merseyside Maritime Museum both free to enter  and the Beatles Story (chargeable). Walkable again is the Cavern Club site and outside is a good statue of Cilla Black.  The Beatles statue is near the terminal and always has tourists there taking selfies.  You can usually get a picture if you want and they are very lifelike .  

Talking of the love locks again, there are 1000s of them and our family are geocachers ( which is like GPS treasure hunting). One of the caches is inside a lock.  We took three attempts when visiting Liverpool before we found it.  Happy to answer any more questions.  

I would be surprised too if it was a tender as the cruise terminal has a proper docking area.  It does only have room for one ship however, so perhaps another ship has ‘bagged the berth’. Our  British Isles Explorer in June is not showing it as a tender.  

Great information thanks.  Oh yeah, I hope we do not have to tender. (thanks for that info sugarside)  I had heard already that Liverpool is a great city to explore on foot, so that is exactly what we are planning on doing.  I have a cousin that lives an hour out of Liverpool, so we are planning on meeting up, finding some great coffee, (any suggestions of a great place for coffee are welcome) and heading out on foot.  

I have friends who geocachers and we've been out hiking with them and stopped for them to find one.  That is a neat idea to have one there.  I'm going to surprise my husband with the love lock, I'm fairly sure he's never even heard of them...but I think he will really like it.  We've hidden a tiny time capsule at our favorite beach which was his idea, so I think he will be on board for doing love locks.