Any solo cruiser out there ever look at small ship cruising with American Cruise Lines?

farmersfight

Any solo cruiser out there ever look at small ship cruising with American Cruise Lines? To me, their cruises are high priced but it looks like they are offering the "luxury" experience.

What is interesting about American Cruise Lines, is that some of their small ships have single (i.e. studio) staterooms with balconies (just like the "big boys" RCL and Celebrity).

Some of their cruises are discounted. For example, the below link is to their web page showing a 10-night Grand Pugent Sound cruise (on the American Constellation) that has been discounted $1,200 on a single stateroom with balcony (sailing dates May 7 -17, 2021). However, as I said, they are pricey...this particular cruise in this stateroom is regularly $9,600 and is discounted to $8,400. This cruise also has the same discount for the Oct 5-15, 2021 sailing.

It looks like this cruise line is planning on cruising in early (spring) 2021, even without the covid vaccine. They have implemented covid specific restrictions, which are spelled out on their web site. They will probably be allowed to sail because they are under the maximum passenger count of the CDC No-Sail order.

Anyway, I saw this small ship company and the fact that some of their small ships have single balcony staterooms and thought I would share. Btw, the staterooms appear to be much roomier than on a large cruise ship. Another +.

https://www.americancruiselines.com/cruises/puget-sound-cruises/grand-puget-sound-cruise?tab=date_faresTab

Edited by farmersfight