Elite Lounge on Caribbean Princess?

jobryan56

1 hour ago, jobryan56 said:

Does anyone know where or if there’s a Elite Lounge on Caribbean Princess? Looked through the deck plans on Princess.com and couldn’t find anything listed. Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

a dedicated lounge? - no - and posters above are posting about a reception held at nights with discounted drinks and light snacks for PES - Platinum, Elites, Suites

• Thanks 1

No "elite" lounge. Normally between the 5pm to 7pm time frame those that have elite & platinum loyalty status plus those in full suites can go and get some less expensive drinks, around $5/$6 and some h'orderves. The less expensive drinks are only the 5 or 6 listed on the special menu. Other drinks are at the regular price. On the Caribbean Princess the location is normally Skywalker's, but could be Club Fusion. It depends on how many passengers qualify and attend. There will be a card in your cabin on boarding day. There will be one evening when it's not open.

Note: this is how it was pre pandemic. Could change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The PES lounge on the Caribbean Princess is in Club Fusion between 5pm-7pm Promenade aft. Really nice touch just before dinner, one of my favorite treats on the ship. Great atmosphere, good food, and great vodka martini's. If you are Platinum, Elite or in a Suite you should definitely take advantage of it, the PES Happy Hour (that's what I call it) is a great way to start your evening's. 

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

The PES lounge on the Caribbean Princess is in Club Fusion

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Apparently it changes alot. On my 2019 Canada / Colonial America cruise the nightly PES event was in Skywalkers.

and the reason is:

8 hours ago, skynight said:

On the Caribbean Princess the location is normally Skywalker's, but could be Club Fusion. It depends on how many passengers qualify and attend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, patrickmoran said:

It will be interesting if the perk survives the new norm. The buffet will change radically so would this have to too.

I think the only thing that will change is the crew will serve you from the food table, no more self service. I don't feel that will impact my enjoyment at all.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, patrickmoran said:

It will be interesting if the perk survives the new norm. The buffet will change radically so would this have to too.

The PES "event" isn't going anywhere. How do you "radically"😆 change a buffet, other than being served by a crew member?

After this is all said and done I think many with the idea that cruising is going to change "radically" are in for an unpleasant surprise. 

18 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I think the only thing that will change is the crew will serve you from the food table, no more self service. I don't feel that will impact my enjoyment at all.

Loved the new World Fresh Marketplace on the Caribbean Princess. I would much rather be served by crew members than be standing in line behind a bunch of slimeball passengers who use they're filthy dirty😝hands. 

Really looking forward to that "change".😉

Can't WAIT for that change!!

Edited by TTEllis
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, TTEllis said:

Loved the new World Fresh Marketplace on the Caribbean Princess. I would much rather be served by crew members than be standing in line behind a bunch of slimeball passengers who use they're filthy dirty😝hands. 

Really looking forward to that "change".😉

Can't WAIT for that change!!

• 2 months later...

We only went on a couple of evenings.  Disappointed couldn’t just get a discounted glass of wine instead of reduced price cocktails.  The cocktail menu was very limited .. couldn’t even have a regular martini or G&T.  Not that well attended.  

On 11/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, skynight said:

No "elite" lounge. Normally between the 5pm to 7pm time frame those that have elite & platinum loyalty status plus those in full suites can go and get some less expensive drinks, around $5/$6 and some h'orderves. The less expensive drinks are only the 5 or 6 listed on the special menu. Other drinks are at the regular price. On the Caribbean Princess the location is normally Skywalker's, but could be Club Fusion. It depends on how many passengers qualify and attend. There will be a card in your cabin on boarding day. There will be one evening when it's not open.

Note: this is how it was pre pandemic. Could change.

Don't know about the Caribbean specifically but we have also seen the the lounge set up in Explorers.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:58 PM, TTEllis said:

The PES "event" isn't going anywhere.

On one 2019 cruise the 'event' was just a drink coupon delivered to my stateroom. Imagine that it would be added to the medallion if omitted from cruise again (cuts down on number of mass gatherings)

Adding: it was a 5 night cruise out of LA in case that matters

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Imagine that it would be added to the medallion if omitted from cruise again (cuts down on number of mass gatherings)

Based on the attendance on most of the occasions I have attended it could not be called a "mass gathering" by any stretch of the imagination.

However I have been on some cruises where the lounge was at capacity with attendees.

On 2/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, Ombud said:

On one 2019 cruise the 'event' was just a drink coupon delivered to my stateroom. Imagine that it would be added to the medallion if omitted from cruise again (cuts down on number of mass gatherings)

Adding: it was a 5 night cruise out of LA in case that matters

We have gotten the drink ticket instead of the Captain's reception for return passengers on shorter cruises, but they still had the PES cocktail hour, at least on the two occasions I qualified on 3 night cruises.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:43 AM, caribill said:

and the reason is:

This is the correct answer above.  It's all about the number of persons that qualify to attend.  A lot of the most recent past voyages had so many that Skywalkers was used most nights they didn't have a previous function scheduled there.