Bermuda and Alaska 2021?

marco

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

people's refusal to get the vaccine, and the airborne nature of the virus and it's worldwide spread.

These people may find themselves not travelling as easily as those people who are willing to get a vaccine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

While having everyone on the ship be vaccinated will keep those on the ship from coming down with covid, it does nothing to protect the people that those passengers may interact with in the ports.  A vaccine keeps the person vaccinated from developing the disease, but it does not preclude that person from carrying the virus, and spreading it to non-vaccinated people.

Bermuda is taking steps to obtain vaccines and vaccinate their population. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/news/health/article/20201110/covid-19-government-update-from-5-45pm/

On 11/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, Hlitner said:

I think Bermuda will be quite predictable.  My hunch is that no cruises will be allowed to dock at Bermuda until there is safe/effective vaccine and the ship can certify that every person onboard has been vaccinated and there are no cases of COVID on the ship.   

Hank

Hi Hank - agree with you on Bermuda.  

On 11/22/2020 at 4:38 PM, clo said:

If I were to guess that would be mine also. If they're not allowing individuals to drive/fly/? in why would they allow cruise ships?

I agree with you - Canada isn't going to let us stop in a port.  They have been much better than us containing this virus and do not want us to spread it further into their country.

• Like 1

Further evidence that cruise ships stopping in Canada in the immediate future is very, very unlikely.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-us-border-restrictions-to-remain-until-covid-19-significantly-more/

"Canada will not agree to lifting a ban on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak is significantly under control around the world, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

Trudeau’s comments were a clear indication that the border restrictions will last well into 2021. The two neighbors agreed to the ban in March and have rolled it over on a monthly basis ever since.

“Until the virus is significantly more under control everywhere around the world, we’re not going to be releasing the restrictions at the border,” Trudeau told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. when asked about the issue."

• Thanks 1