New vaccine

hollyjess

22 hours ago, zap99 said:

The past few weeks I have had Jabs to prevent flu , shingles and pain at the dentist. Questions I didn't ask were what brand ?, What promises of no side effects. What efficacy rate. My main criteria were. Sharp needles and my eyes closed.

Your last sentence made me smile....I have to have an injection into my eye every 8 weeks so unfortunately having my eyes closed aint an option ....but I sure wish it were 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Your last sentence made me smile....I have to have an injection into my eye every 8 weeks so unfortunately having my eyes closed aint an option ....but I sure wish it were 😁

That sounds painful Janny.

I have to have an operation to peal an Epiretinal Membrane which is causing Macular Pucker soon.😥

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That sounds painful Janny.

I have to have an operation to peal an Epiretinal Membrane which is causing Macular Pucker soon.😥

Not too bad....they do numb it first and if it helps save my remaining sight then it is worth it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Not too bad....they do numb it first and if it helps save my remaining sight then it is worth it.

Thanks Janny.

Do they use eye drops to numb your eye?

Your eyesight is so precious and I agree you have to do what's necessary to save your sight.

Graham.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Janny.

Do they use eye drops to numb your eye?

Your eyesight is so precious and I agree you have to do what's necessary to save your sight.

Graham.

Yes they use numbing drops besides other eye drops....about 5/6 in total. As you say eyesight is precious ....I have already have vision loss.....not total....through myself not acting quick enough so  thank goodness the wonderful NHS are keeping up with the eye injections in these difficult times.

Edited by janny444
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Ouch. That must be the most unpleasant place to have a jab. Just thinking about that and ............... Back now, 🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Yes they use numbing drops besides other eye drops....about 5/6 in total. As you say eyesight is precious ....I have already have vision loss.....not total....through myself not acting quick enough so  thank goodness the wonderful NHS are keeping up with the eye injections in these difficult times.

Sorry to hear you have some sight loss but hopefully your treatment now will stop it getting worse.

Graham.

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Orthodontist?  That's usually for kids to straighten their teeth with braces.  I used to work for the Senior Orthodontist at the Eastman Dental Hospital in London.  Did you possibly mean periodontist?

Quite possibly Jean. Until recently I thought a chiropractor taught people to sing.🤣

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, zap99 said:

Graham, you mustn't mislead your fellow cc posters. It really hurts. I forgot the I had the pneumonia jab. That really hurt as well. Dentist, don't start me off🤣

19 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thanks for not starting me off about dentists. 

16 hours ago, zap99 said:

I had the orthodontist last week .4 injections and 50minutes of torture. £225. He told me to make another appointment for next year. Yeah, right.

Zapp I feel your pain mate , it's no fun being in pain ,having things stuck into you .

Not nice is it ?    I think it's the fear of the unknown .. So , should you find you ever 

have the need for a Covid drive through test (God forbid ) 

I hope this short film puts your mind at ease :classic_smile:      

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had to have a swab test last August before at our local hospital before an out patient procedure. I was dreading it because I get nose bleeds and easily gag, however it was fine as it was done by a nurse.

My wife had a DIY home swab test as part of the Imperial College study, you really have to put the swab well to the back of your mouth and well up your nose. It makes me wonder how many DIY tests are done properly i.e just waggle the swab around their mouths and only into the outer part of the nostril. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I had to have a swab test last August before at our local hospital before an out patient procedure. I was dreading it because I get nose bleeds and easily gag, however it was fine as it was done by a nurse.

My wife had a DIY home swab test as part of the Imperial College study, you really have to put the swab well to the back of your mouth and well up your nose. It makes me wonder how many DIY tests are done properly i.e just waggle the swab around their mouths and only into the outer part of the nostril. 

I had to do the test myself at the testing centre.

You have to swab the back of your throat for 15 seconds then you put the swab up your nose until you hit the bone then you have to swab around that area for 15 seconds.

You put the swab into a sealed bag and at the exit they scan the bar code and your test invitation.

I was positive.

Graham.

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

When I took my daughter, to the drive through test center for her tests before hospital appointments, it was always done through the car window by someone in full PPE.

They gave me the option, but I did mine myself.. 

There is a concern that you haven't done it right, but I don't think I could bear somebody else doing it, it's quite uncomfortable... 

Andy