Silver Seas and Azamara under one roof...

Azamarian

13 hours ago, Riocca said:

Raised some interesting questions, felt they we a bit too focused on the mega ships but was pleased to see the shot of the sisters.

Conclusion was positive in that the big three should survive the storm and return to profitability in 2022/3 however that did seem to hang on the success of the vaccine.

It did, though it kept its focus on mega ships and referred to all cruise ships as luxury. It was good to see though, glad you highlighted it or I would have missed it, thanks. Enjoyed seeing the sisters 

I've noted they appear to have merged Celebrity Captain Circle with Azamara Circle.  

Unlike mere reciprocal benefits the points total is the same and "past cruises" display cruises on the other line between Celebrity and Azamara.  Celebrity PowerUp Points have raised my Azamara Circle total.  

Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society doesn't go so far as to share points with sister brands stopping with reciprocal recognition across the three brands.  

Venetian Society remains a stand alone program.  Only Celebrity and Azamara earn points in each other's program.  

Is everyone else seeing the same?

If so that suggests Celebrity and Azamara could become closer in the future leaving SS to fulfil the luxury role on its own

I believe that the celebrity loyalty program and the azamara loyalty program have always been the same.

Ironically, we got more points for most of our celebrity cruises than from our one azamara cruise even though it was more expensive and longer because they are all based on the class of cabin you are in.

• Like 2

twangster, you are reading too much into it and over analysing.  As amunhbuu says the loyalty programmes for Azamara and Celebrity have always been combined, certainly since 2011 when I first cruised with Azamara. There has always been a suggestion in the past that they will split them, but they never have. 

Phil 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I've noted they appear to have merged Celebrity Captain Circle with Azamara Circle. 

If so that suggests Celebrity and Azamara could become closer in the future leaving SS to fulfil the luxury role on its own

I recently added two 2021 AZ cruises because of the way Celebrity 's quality has been cut while increasing fares over the past few years (IMO).  I'd have to reconsider booking AZ in the future if they Celebritize the premium line into the mass market attitude. I don't mind paying more but not for less of a quality cruise.

Another reason I choose AZ over Oceania (which I've also sailed) is the shared Club number so that I can continue earning cruise points simultaneously.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Starting to get lots of mail from SS.  I haven't seen emails or reg. mail from Azamara. Celebrity. or Royal in a long time.  My guess is that we are being targeted.  We are 70+ and like longer cruises.  In a good year we would cruise 5-6 weeks per year.   Perhaps they think that we should take the money that we didn't spend traveling during the pandemic and go upscale on SS.   SS still has formal night?  If so,  the folks who liked Azamara probably don't want to dress up.  We did the formal nights cruises back in the days when that was the cruising experience.  We like the more relaxed atmosphere.  If SS goes non formal, I may think about it.  For now,  not traveling.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Starting to get lots of mail from SS.  I haven't seen emails or reg. mail from Azamara. Celebrity. or Royal in a long time.  My guess is that we are being targeted.  We are 70+ and like longer cruises.  In a good year we would cruise 5-6 weeks per year.   Perhaps they think that we should take the money that we didn't spend traveling during the pandemic and go upscale on SS.   SS still has formal night?  If so,  the folks who liked Azamara probably don't want to dress up.  We did the formal nights cruises back in the days when that was the cruising experience.  We like the more relaxed atmosphere.  If SS goes non formal, I may think about it.  For now,  not traveling.

Regency Seven Seas is less formal.  I believe you can do a sport coat if you like.  No tux.

On 12/20/2020 at 3:35 AM, Stumblefoot said:

As a passenger on SS since ‘08, I can say quite opposite has happened since RCCL purchased their initial two-thirds stake.  After enduring years of cutbacks as a private company since the financial crises, the product has been the primary winner since RCCL became the owner.  New and upgraded ships, improved food and beverage offerings, along with the always excellent service proposition has kept us loyal.  

Now, with that said, we are none to thrilled about their new inclusion of an excursion in every port, aka Regent, that starts in April ‘22 in order to raise fares higher (along with included air) than pre-pandemic and encourage travel agents to book them more often.  Needless to say, I believe we’ll see a cruise only fare option introduced sometime in ‘21 once SS sees poor new bookings under the new policy and comes to their senses.

Hi stumblefoot what are you up to highjacking azamara !!!!!

I have made a comment a while back with ref to the topic on azamara/ silversea under one roof ...it will never be and I don't want it to be put into one!!! All the comments from azamara quests are what extras they may get ..they don't understand that silversea does not work that way . That's why we enjoy silversea so much ,once on board were all the same..but I don't agree with your concern about trip in ports & flights included

You can pay a price without flights but trips I have no problem with .. I've looked at the new prices and don't find them over priced .know harm intended .read your posts on s/s merry Christmas 🎄 ( although not good here in the UK 😢😷)

I’ve been on three Silversea cruises. You don’t need a tux on Silversea either. 

I can’t see that merging Azamara and Silversea makes sense or is necessary. NCL group has Oceania and Regent. I’ve never heard discussion or worry about Oceania and Regent merging.

Now, if there are no cruises sailing well into 2022, then all bets are off as to what cruise lines will do, but that’s a different question. 

• Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, twangster said:

Unlike mere reciprocal benefits the points total is the same and "past cruises" display cruises on the other line between Celebrity and Azamara.  Celebrity PowerUp Points have raised my Azamara Circle total.  

Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society doesn't go so far as to share points with sister brands stopping with reciprocal recognition across the three brands.  

Venetian Society remains a stand alone program.  Only Celebrity and Azamara earn points in each other's program.  

Is everyone else seeing the same?

Twangster,

I think you've correctly identified the issue.  Future plans will have Silverseas be the small ship and true luxury brand under the RCL umbrella and eventually Azamara and Celebrity will merge to become the new Premium Luxury class (whatever that is).  The cabins on Azamara's ships are really not adequate to compete in the true luxury market.  The new Azamara/Celebrity will then compete with MSC's ship within a ship concept and cruise lines like Virgin.  The fact that there are no new ships planned for Azamara should provide a clue to everyone.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Well, as of today's news that Azamara has been sold, we don't have to worry about Azamara and Silversea being under the same roof.

Let's hope we can welcome you teabag to silversea ...inclusive & always exclusive 🚢

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

Let's hope we can welcome you teabag to silversea ...inclusive & always exclusive 🚢

Thanks, but I'm not sure we can afford Silversea.  We thought we had found a little safe haven in Azamara to replace Celebrity which we have been loyal to for 26 years.  Not sure what we will do going forward.

24 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks, but I'm not sure we can afford Silversea.  We thought we had found a little safe haven in Azamara to replace Celebrity which we have been loyal to for 26 years.  Not sure what we will do going forward.

We had started our cruising with rccl back in 1990 & stayed with them for about 10 years also sailing with p&o . Costa . Celebrity... Doing about 2 /3 per year .. our first experience with silversea was 2005 and have never looked back !!! Yes they are a little more expensive but well worth just the one cruise rather then 2/3 per year.. also if you get booked when the prices are just released you do get a chance of a good price ...plus it's all inclusive ( apart from 2 dinning rooms & trips )although from 2022 they are including one trip per port day in the fare 

We also sail with crystal who although flights not included are very reasonable

And quality experience ..hope you find what your looking for whenever we can all be back at sea 🚢

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

TeaBag, to do going forward, give cruising a stop order.

Wait for a long while to see what exactly is the cruise product. People are spending $ for an unknown product in 2022, 2023...??

With the debt levels, expect downgrading of everything. 

Examine other travel options and determine the financial and non financial elements of every option.

Cruising simply does not provide the certainty required for us to put down big bucks. Not interested in being trapped on a petri dish. Certainly not loyal to any for profit business.

I am the most important element, me only, not the service provider.

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

There really is no reason not to go forward with Azamara; many assurances are being given. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, laurieb said:

There really is no reason not to go forward with Azamara; many assurances are being given. 

Yes they are.  However companies always do this to soothe the masses when change occurs. The real key is whether the actions match their assurances. Too soon to determine. That's when I will believe the rhetoric.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

Thank you people for the reassurance.  That's why I love CC and the majority of the people who post here.  This is a 23 day cruise and we thought, the first of many with Azamara, so we will stay put for now.  After all, it is a long ways away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

We can now all agree this won't happen. I wonder if RCL will tweak Silversea to be more like the Azamara to attract those lost customers after selling it.

I think the only 'tweak' that Silversea might make would be a relaxation of their dress code. They might look to introduce an equivalent of the Azamazing evening but, other than that, any other changes that Silversea would make to move towards the Azamara shipboard experience would be seen as a diminution of the Silversea experience. I have sailed both lines and enjoyed both but they are rather different in their ambience IMHO.

1 hour ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

We can now all agree this won't happen. I wonder if RCL will tweak Silversea to be more like the Azamara to attract those lost customers after selling it.

The only tweaking I suspect will be what LLP did to XX when she was transferred from RCL to chop costs and increase profits.

• Like 1