Suite perks Liberty?

39august

We are Pinnacle but have been on Celebrity only for the last 3-4 years. I know our perks may be changed so thinking of taking a Grand Suite on LB next year or two. What are the current perks, if any, in a Grand suite, please?  We normally book a Jr. Suite as it is plenty big. But I know only perks there are whatever your loyalty status is. 

Since you are Pinnacle there aren't a lot of perks gained by moving up to a GS.  There is a question about Pinnacle perks that may be lost due to the Pandemic but will hopefully be retained for GS and above guests.

Some notable GS benefits that Pins don't get that come to mind are upgraded toiletries, waived fee for room service and ability to order from MDR menu for in room dining.

Suite benefits that all GS guests receive regardless of C&A status:

Use of the Suite Lounge, Deck 14.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.
·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Suite Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ).
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc.
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early.
·        Arrangements for private parties.
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions).
·        Business services such as copies, etc.
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent).
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance).

• Thanks 1

Yes, I remember now. P's do get free wifi. So no drink package for full suites?  The suite lounge will be a no go by the time we cruise again I think. Probably just a few free drinks from the limited menu at any venue. And yes, the P reserved seating along with suites at ice show is a real perk to me. I also remember the great breakfasts served in either Chops or Giovann's Table. Is that only sea days? I thought it was every day. Thanks for the input. If we book RCI again, we'll just stick with the Jr. Suites. Looks like we will have to buy our drinks for the most part. Although we do get 3 "free" bottles of wine, if they don't take that away. I was hoping for a drink package by now. Love that on Celebrity.  I also like the suite only dining room on Celebrity. Too bad there is no such thing on the Freedom class ships.  I know of the great suite lounge and dining room for suites only on Oasis class. However, we would only be doing Liberty as we can drive to the port. 

Pins get 40% off the Deluxe drink package if purchased on board.  All guests over 21 in the cabin have to buy the package if anyone in the cabin does (this rule may not have existed the last time you cruised Royal).

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont see it listed but doesnt pinnacle get free wifi

Free wifi isn't a suite perk on Liberty so it isn't in the list above.  That list is for GS perks that all guests get.  Pins get free wifi regardless of cabin type.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Pins get 40% off the Deluxe drink package if purchased on board.  All guests over 21 in the cabin have to buy the package if anyone in the cabin does (this rule may not have existed the last time you cruised Royal).

Free wifi isn't a suite perk on Liberty so it isn't in the list above.  That list is for GS perks that all guests get.  Pins get free wifi regardless of cabin type.  

Yes, I knew and said was a pinnacle perk, just thought it's important. Hes gets great perks no matter what imo. Even with the JS. No ck kitchen on liberty.

3 hours ago, George C said:

The only show that the reserve seating is really helpful is ice show which can be really crowded. 

I've never been in a GS on Liberty but can concur that the ice show seating is packed out for both performances.  Every other show we went to had no problem getting good seating.

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Yes, I remember now. P's do get free wifi. So no drink package for full suites?  The suite lounge will be a no go by the time we cruise again I think. Probably just a few free drinks from the limited menu at any venue. And yes, the P reserved seating along with suites at ice show is a real perk to me. I also remember the great breakfasts served in either Chops or Giovann's Table. Is that only sea days? I thought it was every day. Thanks for the input. If we book RCI again, we'll just stick with the Jr. Suites. Looks like we will have to buy our drinks for the most part. Although we do get 3 "free" bottles of wine, if they don't take that away. I was hoping for a drink package by now. Love that on Celebrity.  I also like the suite only dining room on Celebrity. Too bad there is no such thing on the Freedom class ships.  I know of the great suite lounge and dining room for suites only on Oasis class. However, we would only be doing Liberty as we can drive to the port. 

Breakfast was served every morning in Chops for Suite and Pinnacle guests on Liberty.  Lunch is now just a room that you can bring your plate from windjammer to eat in. 

Edited by frank808

12 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Breakfast was served every morning in Chops for Suite and Pinnacle guests on Liberty.  Lunch is now just a room that you can bring your plate from windjammer to eat in. 

I found it annoying when rccl took away free lunch in specialty restaurant, prefer sailing on Celebrity where every ship has a suite restaurant and a suite lounge . Also suite Lohan’s better selection of liquor and serve drinks all day not just for 3 hours.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've never been in a GS on Liberty but can concur that the ice show seating is packed out for both performances.  Every other show we went to had no problem getting good seating.

I've had trouble getting into the comedy club but cant remember about liberty specifically. Dont know if when they say shows, it includes comedy club. I can remember seats in main theater ropes off for suites and by the pool. 

Hopefully with reduced capacity all shows are easy to get in for a while. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I've had trouble getting into the comedy club but cant remember about liberty specifically. Dont know if when they say shows, it includes comedy club. I can remember seats in main theater ropes off for suites and by the pool. 

Hopefully with reduced capacity all shows are easy to get in for a while. 

Liberty does not have a comedy club.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Liberty does not have a comedy club.

Well I said liberty was hazy in my mind. I did oasis twice after liberty, maybe jewel after. 

I dont know how you all keep which ship has what straight... .well if we ever get back to cruising i sure will remember liberty with 8 liberty now booked. I just remember it has the pizza separate from the cafe. 

Pinnacles on Liberty are a fun fraternity. When I was on Liberty in February there was a group of Pinnacles in the SL every night, having a grand old time. A dozen or more, with their chairs arranged in a big circle. They mostly live within driving distance in Texas and spend a  lot of time on the ship, they all seemed to know each other from being on board so much. Some are on for several weeks at a time, one person is on the ship every other week.

I feel bad, they're all stuck at home now, and who knows how the SL will operate after reopening. The people spending weeks at a time on the ship probably won't be able to do that for a while.

(I'm not Pinnacle, I was in a GS.)

Edited by SG65CB

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I feel bad, they're all stuck at home now, and who knows how the SL will operate after reopening.

With visions of Allure's Coastal Kitchen in their dreams they are surviving like the rest of us.  Someday, one day, in a galaxy not far away the force will be with them and CK will become a reality in Galveston.  Pins might even be allowed back in at some distant time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Does anyone really know what the benefits will be once cruising returns?

No.  However in the time honored tradition of CC we all have ideas and opinions.  

My money is on Royal following Celebrity and removing some benefits in the name of the virus.  Where my crystal ball is cloudy is for how long or if it will become permanent.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, twangster said:

No.  However in the time honored tradition of CC we all have ideas and opinions.  

My money is on Royal following Celebrity and removing some benefits in the name of the virus.  Where my crystal ball is cloudy is for how long or if it will become permanent.   

I was thinking the same, especially with the free beverages.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, twangster said:

What suite perks is Celebrity removing?