Alitalia

BVILady

We were booked July 2019 on a Costa Cruise and had booked a flight with Alitalia to our next destination. We booked 2 seats on Sep. 2019 for a flight on July 30th, 2020. On June 18th Alitalia cancelled the flight. They refuse to issue any refund. I will not be anywhere in the near future where Alitalia is flying, so vouchers are useless to us. I had booked Alitalia because i had assumed that they are the most reputable airline flying this route. So if you need to book a flight, think twice about using Alitalia, I can not recommend it. Not having provided the service I paid for and keeping our money is theft.

We were booked on Alitalia from London to Palermo as part of a European trip scheduled in April 2020.  Alitalia cancelled the flights several weeks prior to the dates we were flying.  At that time they were offering a full refund, which we requested.  A few weeks later they sent an email offering us a 50 Euro bonus if we would accept a voucher instead of cash refund, and gave us till August 31 to reply if we wanted that offer.  They said don’t reply before August 31 to turn down their “generous offer,” because they won’t begin the refund process till at least September 1.  About two weeks ago we received VOUCHERS, not a cash refund.  Vouchers are good for 18 months, but they said if we can’t use the vouchers, they would entertain a request for a refund one year after the issuance of the vouches, so November 2021.  I too thought we were booking with one of the more reputable airlines.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

had received an e-mail called "Refund Receipt" claiming that we will receive a refund for 2 of the tickets, when I messaged them on their facebook page they promised we will receive refund within 3 months, The 3 month are over still nothing and the refund for the 3rd ticket has not been addressed at all.