More “Bad News” for the Cruise Industry.

stevenr597

51 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I warranty that this will not be true.

(I will repair this statement at my cost for a period of 24 months) 

😂🤣😂🤣😂 It's totally true. 

neverbeenhere and never going anywhere.....unless you get the phoney baloney vaccine. 

Don't forget the 2-liters and ham and cheese sandwiches 😊!! Oh yeah and extra batteries for your remote your going to need them.😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

This is absolutely true, you won't be allowed on a cruise ship, or a commercial flight anywhere on the planet without getting the vaccine. That's the whole idea.

Don't get the phoney baloney Coronascam vaccine you get to stay home sit on the couch drink 2-liters of any soda of your choice, eat ham and cheese sandwiches and do nothing. Later Todd

They should also not be allowed in a mode of transportation, in a public building, in a entertainment venue or any other place where you are in the presence of other people.  In other words, your world will be confined to the inside of your home.

I understand that you may feel that forcing you to be vaccinated is a violation of your rights but when this has the potential of impacting the health of the public health, the health of the public overrides your rights.  Look up the history of Typhoid Mary.  When she would not cooperate with following government orders to prevent her from infecting others with typhoid, they locked her up for the rest of her life.  This in spite of the fact that it was not her fault that she was an asymptomatic typhoid carrier.  The same attitude although I am not suggesting that non-vaccinated people should be locked up applies to potential covid carriers.

DON

• Like 4

1 minute ago, donaldsc said:

They should also not be allowed in a mode of transportation, in a public building, in a entertainment venue or any other place where you are in the presence of other people.  In other words, your world will be confined to the inside of your home.

I understand that you may feel that forcing you to be vaccinated is a violation of your rights but when this has the potential of impacting the health of the public health, the health of the public overrides your rights.  Look up the history of Typhoid Mary.  When she would not cooperate with following government orders to prevent her from infecting others with typhoid, they locked her up for the rest of her life.  This in spite of the fact that it was not her fault that she was an asymptomatic typhoid carrier.  The same attitude although I am not suggesting that non-vaccinated people should be locked up applies to potential covid carriers.

DON

The vaccine means nothing to me. I'll be the first one to take it and the first person to get on a commercial flight. Fly to Lauderdale get on a Princess Cruise Ship, and cruise to any island in the Caribbean. 

If all it's going to take to go on a cruise again is showing some form of something that I took some cheese ball vaccine, gimme the shot the certificate and let's GTF outta here and get on a ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

Another sign that until there is a vaccine, we cannot expect any cruise line, including Carnival owned Princess to resume anything like normal operations. 

One point.... we will not ""resume anything like normal operations""  agree with that,

example cruises happening in Europe and Asia now, reduced numbers, testing, masks movement restriction in ports,   passengers only from a single region 

all with no vaccine....

but look at the number cases in the cities/countries were these ship are sailing from..

Unfortunately numbers in the US are continuing to climb, so cruising should be the last thing on the agenda at the moment .

So stay safe ..... Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

Small print:

My warranty relates to the fact that many will/may have immunity from contracting Covid.  Thus a vaccine may/may not be advantageous and might be dangerous  for these folks. Data to come. 

You pick your number, but many folks worldwide have had Covid and will have Covid that don’t end up pushing daisies.

12 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Small print:

My warranty relates to the fact that many will/may have immunity from contracting Covid.  Thus a vaccine may/may not be advantageous and might be dangerous  for these folks. Data to come. 

You pick your number, but many folks worldwide have had Covid and will have Covid that don’t end up pushing daisies.

And some have had it twice...........seems COVID immunity may not be a lifetime thing........

3 hours ago, antsp said:

You can guarantee, if you don’t have the vaccine, you will not be allowed on a cruise ship

Nor be permitted to board a Qantas Aircraft, according to Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce, yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Nor be permitted to board a Qantas Aircraft, according to Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce, yesterday.

Qantas?? You won't be able to go near a commercial airport anywhere on Earth much less get on ANY commercial flight at ANY airport on Earth without some type of cheesy proof you took the vaccine. That's the whole idea. So how are things going down under?

Thanks Todd

31 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Small print:

This is exactly why my numerous posts on CC stating that proof of a COVID vaccination will be mandatory for anyone who boards a cruise ship (passenger or crew) is also accompanied by an proviso that says something like :"or has proof of a positive COVID antibody test."  This will likely be the standard for travel around the world be it getting on a plane or entering a country.  And by the way, Qantas just announced today that they will likely require vaccinations for anyone on their International flights:

Qantas likely to mandate Covid-19 vaccine for international passengers | News | Flight Global

Hank

• Thanks 1

We already know all that nonsense I want to know how things are going down under. Australia and New Zealand are a dream of mine, these destination's could very well be my next cruise. Princess has Australia and New Zealand down pat. Gimme the shot and let's go. Thanks Todd

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

So how are things going down under?

Thanks Todd

Hi Todd,

Only one locally acquired case today and it's been many days since the last death.

We are only now dealing with a small outbreak from hotel quarantine (28 cases) in South Australia.

About 5 000 people were identified as close or casual contacts in the outbreak and are currently isolated.

We are still requiring Australians returning from overseas to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days and they must have a covid test before they are released. If positive they go to a medi hotel until they are virus free.

There are only 22 people needing hospital care across Australia.

Overall besides from the big outbreak in the state of Victoria we have been very lucky down under.

At the moment the best time frame I can give you for our vaccination program to start is March. We have secured more then enough doses for everyone in the country. So hopefully cruising can slowly start late 2021.

So hopefully for you and for us, Australia/New Zealand by the end of next year will be an ideal place for you to visit and take a cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Hi Todd,

Only one locally acquired case today and it's been many days since the last death.

We are only now dealing with a small outbreak from hotel quarantine (28 cases) in South Australia.

About 5 000 people were identified as close or casual contacts in the outbreak and are currently isolated.

We are still requiring Australians returning from overseas to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days and they must have a covid test before they are released. If positive they go to a medi hotel until they are virus free.

There are only 22 people needing hospital care across Australia.

Overall besides from the big outbreak in the state of Victoria we have been very lucky down under.

At the moment the best time frame I can give you for our vaccination program to start is March. We have secured more then enough doses for everyone in the country. So hopefully cruising can slowly start late 2021.

So hopefully for you and for us, Australia/New Zealand by the end of next year will be an ideal place for you to visit and take a cruise.

That's great!! Thank you for the response sounds like you guys are getting ahead of the virus and have great protocols in place. Australia it's been a dream of mine for far too long, I'm coming down. What a Beautiful country, great people, wonderful arts awesome atmosphere, sick of thinking about it, I'll be down in the next 12-15 months. Thank you very much Todd

2 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Yep - cruising is happening. Just not with people who believe masks and curfews and vaccines are an affront to their freedom.

WAWAZATT??🤭 Oh boy here we go again!! If I get the vaccine I certainly plan on it, I have no interest in sitting on my couch for the remainder of my existence. They can take their masks, curfews and social distancing and stick it where the sun don't shine. 

That's not how we say it in West Virginia, I'm just being nice. Nighty night

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

What a Beautiful country, great people, wonderful arts awesome atmosphere, sick of thinking about it, I'll be down in the next 12-15 months. Thank you very much Todd

Thanks Todd for your lovely words about our country.

Have a wonderful time when you come down under and if you have any questions closer to the time about where you can hug a koala or see kangaroos or even the best sites to visit just pop over to the Australian/New Zealand board here on Cruise Critic for answers.

I'm sure that our country will be open again and ready to welcome foreign visiters to our shores in less than 12 months.

6 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Thanks Todd for your lovely words about our country.

Have a wonderful time when you come down under and if you have any questions closer to the time about where you can hug a koala or see kangaroos or even the best sites to visit just pop over to the Australian/New Zealand board here on Cruise Critic for answers.

I'm sure that our country will be open again and ready to welcome foreign visiters to our shores in less than 12 months.

Hug a 🐨 I would never let it go. I saw them on the news during the fires they're precious to the entire world not just Australia. Bounce around with kangaroos that's so awesome. I would love to snorkel the GBR, it's another dream of mine. Thank you very much for your information. See you on the Australian/New Zealand board. I have to get some sleep, I think it's already tomorrow 😃 in Australia that's so awesome. Thanks again I appreciate it. Have a nice day Todd