Caribbean Princess Cancellation

DaveyCaper

Hello,

We just got notification that our November 12, 2021 cruise we booked just days ago is now cancelled because of "deployment".  There are no cruises showing for the ship from July something to November 20th, which was going to be the cruise after the one we booked.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

I know Regal Princess appears to be headed to the Caribbean for Fall 2021-Spring 2022.  I have Wondered if Regal might replace Caribbean on the 7 day Eastern/Western Runs and if they might create a new pattern for Caribbean of 4/5/5/7 or 6/8 day sailings.  Whatever the case I'm sure we'll know soon!

1 hour ago, DaveyCaper said:

Hello,

We just got notification that our November 12, 2021 cruise we booked just days ago is now cancelled because of "deployment".  There are no cruises showing for the ship from July something to November 20th, which was going to be the cruise after the one we booked.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

The July cruise through October were all Canada/NE and most were 10 nights - which anything over 7 days is cancelled through 11/1.  So perhaps they are creating new 7 day Canada/NE itineraries or keeping her in the Caribbean for the entire summer/fall?  Will be interesting to see what happens!

I am booked on the Sky Princess in October 2021 for Canada/NE.  The cruises on the Sky for Canada/NE are still on the schedule but says "Currently Not Available".  The repositioning cruise from NYC to FLL says the same thing.  I wonder if the Sky will remain in Europe and the Caribbean Princess will take over these cruises for Canada/NE?

Along the lines of mfanderso, My guess is that the Caribbean Princess will replace the Sky princess for its October New England cruises and the repo down to Fort Lauderdale  on Nov 4th.  Those cruises are still listed by not for sale.  I think CB steps in and assumes those itineraries.  Sky Princess cruises from FLL resume for sale for departures starting Nov 20th and beyond, I my guess is that is when it will arrive in the area.

Don

Is this cruise really cancelled?

I did receive the email from Princess saying that it was cancelled.

I never did receive the official notice that was posted, above, by  Cruise Wonderland.

When I go to my cruise personalizer on the Princess website, it is still shown as an upcoming cruise.  And, it still shows all of my information (i.e., cabin, dining selection, onboard services, payments, credits, travel summary, etc.).

Again, I ask, is this cruise really cancelled???????

I got the email from Princess, and it has disappeared from my planner.

It is indeed a shame, as this was a unique, one-off sailing.

The one they suggest replacing it with in the TA notification posted above is the same old ABCs route.  Nice, but not at all a unique itinerary

No mention in the email of what will happen with my deposit money , I assume it will show up on my credit card at some point.

Not a big deal, it is just a few hundred dollars. If I have a problem living with out it for a bit, I have no business cruising. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

3 hours ago, pmCruiser said:

I never did receive the official notice that was posted, above, by  Cruise Wonderland.

When I go to my cruise personalizer on the Princess website, it is still shown as an upcoming cruise.  And, it still shows all of my information (i.e., cabin, dining selection, onboard services, payments, credits, travel summary, etc.).

I received a email from Princess yesterday that they cancelled the cruise.  If you book another cruise by Dec 15th,  Princess will reward you for their cancellation of the cruise $50-OBC per person.  It is amazing how generous Princess is for cancelling the cruise for no reason.

7 hours ago, pmCruiser said:

Is this cruise really cancelled

November 12, 2021?

If you received an e-mail from Princess then I would assume it is correct. The e-mail probably also contained some options for deposit refund. Guessing Wonderland is a T.A. and they should get around to notification at some point in time.

Look at the announcement 7 postings above. Mentions that the November 4 and 12 Caribbean Princess cruises are cancelled. These voyages no longer show up for booking on the Princess web site. 

17 hours ago, pmCruiser said:

It will; show up in the Personalizer until the day they process the refunds/FCCs for your booking.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

It will; show up in the Personalizer until the day they process the refunds/FCCs for your booking.

Good information.  Thank you.

But, It's sure taking a long time to process.  The email was sent on Monday.  Today is Friday.  Yes, I know that there was a holiday this week, but I thought that computers were supposed to be fast.  Also, if we have to make a decision by 12/15 I'd like to officially be notified of my options -- not read about them second-hand on Cruise Critic.  Although, I must admit that I do appreciate the heads-up that these Cruise Critic postings have provided.  Thank you, Cruise Critic and all who take the time to post.

4 hours ago, pmCruiser said:

Good information.  Thank you.

But, It's sure taking a long time to process.  The email was sent on Monday.  Today is Friday.  Yes, I know that there was a holiday this week, but I thought that computers were supposed to be fast.  Also, if we have to make a decision by 12/15 I'd like to officially be notified of my options -- not read about them second-hand on Cruise Critic.  Although, I must admit that I do appreciate the heads-up that these Cruise Critic postings have provided.  Thank you, Cruise Critic and all who take the time to post.

And if the decision date is 12/15, it is unlikely, based on experience earlier this year,  that any refunds/FCCs will be processed before that date even if you did send in the request for a refund.

I got one of these official notifications on 11/23/20, also for the 11/4/21 sailing of the Caribbean Princess.  However, I had ALREADY cancelled it on 10/20/20!  It said nothing about a refund or FCC, just to call our travel advisor for further information. 

I called Big Box and Princess told them they would escalate it, because they did already have my cancellation going through the refund "process", and they didn't want it to restart again due to the new notification.

I have another refund in the works, and an FCC, but my next Princess cruise isn't until March 2022.  I focused all our bookings for 2021 to RCCL since they are giving double Crown and Anchor points for all sailings in 2021.  

On 11/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, pmCruiser said:

I can’t speak for your cruise, but I did receive a cancellation notice from Princess for my March, 2021 Enchanted cruise.  And it is still being shown in my upcoming cruises.  

16 hours ago, tere247 said:

I can’t speak for your cruise, but I did receive a cancellation notice from Princess for my March, 2021 Enchanted cruise.  And it is still being shown in my upcoming cruises.  

Our January 3, 14 day cruise was canceled over a week ago and it’s still showing as open on our personalizer. I have FCC’s being used from a shortened February 2020 cruise due to norovirus against this cruise. So, I’m assuming I’ll still have those FCC’s as well as new FCC’s from this canceled cruise. Keep it up and my next cruise will be free!! 

On about 4 September,  Princess cancelled 3 bookings (b2b2b) on the Grand P. Cruise dates were 23 March, 4 April and 20 April. Only a refund of the deposits and any partial payments plus $15 Goodwill Cedit pp  for each person/bookings were offered. The Voyage Cancellation notice said all refunds would go back to the original form of payment. As yet, our refunds haven’t been processed back to our credit card , the FCDs are still showing assigned to the 3 booking numbers and all 3 show up as Upcoming Cruises.  We did book 3 future cruises and received the Goodwill Credit for the 3 cruises. 

Edited by coo359a2

Looks like your November cruises were cancelled  because, as Mud_Shark guessed, Caribbean Princess is replacing Sky Princess 14 night repo from NY to FLL. Notifications are starting to arrive for those of us booked on Sky.