8+ Night Update

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I thought booked cruises could be cancelled for either a refund or credit.  Is there something special about your cruise that prevents that?  I ask as I have several booked for next year and was planning on a couple more.  I was doing that because I assumed I could cancel if need be.

If you cancel, the deposit becomes another fcc. If they cancel I believe only new cash is refunded, if you paid with a fcc, you get it back. 

3 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

We just received an email from our travel agent that enclosed a letter from Celebrity. The letter stated that the summer sailings for the Equinox are being replaced by seven night Caribbean sailings leaving on Sunday. Eight night sailings will be reduced to seven night sailings (rates will be protected) and six night sailings will be converted to seven night sailings (rates will be protected). An additional 100 OBC will be issued.

I expect Royal Caribbean will do something similar on the Independence of the Seas summer Caribbean sailings.

Celebrity just cancelled our 9 night Equinox cruise on 5/14/21.

Just now, mac_tlc said:

Celebrity just cancelled our 9 night Equinox cruise on 5/14/21.

Waiting to see what Celebrity is going to do about our 12 night Reflection July 30th.

Wish we had the option to L/S it to 2022.

Just now, Ashland said:

Waiting to see what Celebrity is going to do about our 12 night Reflection July 30th.

Wish we had the option to L/S it to 2022.

Even though we have the L&S option in the letter, unless they change the guidelines there is nothing to L&S to. 

The 2022 schedule is not out beyond April 15th for Equinox. Four weeks prior to 5/14 is 4/16, so they would have to increase the window by one day. 

Given that the same cabin on 4/15/2022 is about 75% more than my 5/14/2021 price, I doubt that will make the accommodation. But I will call.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

I pulled the trigger on Sunday to move my 8-night cruise from Oct. 2021 to Dec. 2021.  With the double points promo, an 8-night will level us up and a 7-night would leave us 1-point shy of the next level.  Hopefully 8-night will be good in Dec. 2021 but I am prepared to be disappointed.  From everything we have seen it seemed like it would be best to move the cruise now rather than wait.  No matter what, we are all gambling as to when cruising will resume and to what extent.  It seems like odds might be more in our favor for Dec. 2021 but my crystal ball fractured into a million pieces a long, long time ago.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If you cancel, the deposit becomes another fcc. If they cancel I believe only new cash is refunded, if you paid with a fcc, you get it back. 

Thanks.  I didn't realize you could only get the cash back if they canceled.  

7 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Thanks.  I didn't realize you could only get the cash back if they canceled.  

Yea I've moved a few lol. Says cancel any cruise and get a fcc. 

Unless you booked a group cruise or specifically one with refundable deposit.

20201124_172357.jpg

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They stay in your upcoming cruises for quite a while.  My December cruise on Oasis is still listed and it was cancelled November 4th.

My Dec cruise no longer shows in my cruise planner.  I now see this isn't a good indication of cancellations.  Oh well, another one gone.  I'll wait and see what happens with the 8N Symphony ABC island cruise.   

Having shifted our 12 night cruise to Dec 2021 we were starting to feel confident, in fact I'm still hopeful it will sail, enough to be taking advantage of the reduction on the DBP that appeared today, but then again we can always cancel that.

My big concern at the moment is booking flights from the UK. Things are starting to look good with vaccines, but there's a significant saving if I book my flights as soon as they go on sale in early Jan, especially for upgraded cabins (business/first). However most travel insurances available won't cover the cost of the flights if the cruise is cancelled for covid reasons, or cost 90% of the cost of the cruise itself. Airlines are offering a credit if you need to change your flights, but only up to August. 

I am getting twitchy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I thought booked cruises could be cancelled for either a refund or credit.  Is there something special about your cruise that prevents that?  I ask as I have several booked for next year and was planning on a couple more.  I was doing that because I assumed I could cancel if need be.

If you cancel before final payment, and you had a non-refundable deposit (like I do) then you get your deposit back in the form of an FCC voucher.  If RCI cancels before final payment, you get your deposit back in cash back to your credit card (which I prefer).

If you cancel AFTER  final payment, the whole amount, including deposit and fees, becomes an FCC voucher.  If RCI cancels after final payment, you get your deposit, fees, and fare cash back to Credit Card, but you have to select that option, otherwise it goes automatic to a 125% FCC voucher.  

My problem is already having 18 cruises cancelled.  I can only use so many FCC vouchers that I have to use by the end of 2021.  I am quite sure the eight leg Australia cruises I have booked for early next year will be cancelled, along with the B2B Freedom January cruises coming up.  That makes another 10 cancellations.  Now you see why I want cash back...not yet more FCC vouchers I can't use in time.  

5 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

My big concern at the moment is booking flights from the UK. Things are starting to look good with vaccines, but there's a significant saving if I book my flights as soon as they go on sale in early Jan, especially for upgraded cabins (business/first). However most travel insurances available won't cover the cost of the flights if the cruise is cancelled for covid reasons, or cost 90% of the cost of the cruise itself. Airlines are offering a credit if you need to change your flights, but only up to August. 

FWIW, when we canceled our flights with BA, they gave us a credit we could use.  I contacted them, explained that we were in the States, and were unlikely to be able to use the credit.  They then gave me a refund back to the original credit card.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, island lady said:

I am guessing it will be the Aussies that cancel both of our top end and bottom end cruises...for probably the same reason.  Or they will outright extend the current 12/17/20 cruise ship ban, which I think, IMHO, will be the latter.   

Naturally there is no way the TP going up to Honolulu can have a revenue trip to Hawaii..nor can they do the Hawaii to Vancouver.  

I don't want more FCC vouchers...I want refunds.  😞 

Agree to all your points.  Many of us on the Ovation will probably suffer the same fate.

Yes, we don't want more FCC vouchers...we want refunds.

Side note: Ken, (Ourusualbeach) can we still return our 125% FCC's for refunds?...minus the 25%. Thanks, e.