8+ Night Update

12 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks Ken. I know most of us here would love to see it extended until December 2022. Wishful thinking, I know.

We are hoping for an extension to February 2023 actually.  We took a shot by booking a late January 2022 cruise that would be ripe for a L&S to February 2023.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is having to deal with far more itinerary changes than Celebrity, thusly it is taking a bit longer.  expect an announcement on the changes shortly.  Nothing at all to do with collecting final payments. 

RCI has sent me yet another email reminding me to make final payment on my 3/3/21 "bottom end" 18 night Aussie cruise that is due next Thursday.   Me...I think it IS the final payment they want on a cruise they know can't and won't happen, ........they won't cancel until after they collect those finals IMHO.  😖

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

RCI has sent me yet another email reminding me to make final payment on my 3/3/21 "bottom end" 18 night Aussie cruise that is due next Thursday.   Me...I think it IS the final payment they want on a cruise they know can't and won't happen, ........they won't cancel until after they collect those finals IMHO.  😖

Our bottom end is through our TA and she hasn't bugged me yet.  I suspect Monday after whatever RCI has to say.

10 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Our bottom end is through our TA and she hasn't bugged me yet.  I suspect Monday after whatever RCI has to say.

No guarantees RCI will finally post another decision by Monday...they may keep us hanging for a few more days or a week (or more).  Final is due on Thursday for me...so I am guessing the decision will come next Friday.  😖

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2020 at 5:19 PM, rockmom said:

That cruise has been pulled from the website as they are no longer allowed to sell cruises longer than 7 nights until at November.  It hasn't been canceled, Royal is trying to figure out what to do with their sailings that are 8 nights or longer.  Celebrity ended up shortening the 8 night ones to be 7 nights long, and added a night to the 7 night ones.  Itineraries did have to change.  Not sure what you mean about getting an extra stop.  I hope we find out what their plan is sooner than later though, especially since Celebrity has announced theirs.  At least they didn't cancel the ones longer than 7 day outright like Princess and HAL did.  

I'm also on the 8/21 8 night out of Miami on Symphony, waiting for more details. 

1 hour ago, bourbon52 said:

I'm also on the 8/21 8 night out of Miami on Symphony, waiting for more details. 

There are a whole bunch of us on the 8-21-21 Symphony cruise, all in Star Class. It would be such a shame if they cancel.  Wishing that they would just make it a 7 night and skip Labadee but keep Aruba and Curacao.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Just my opinion and nothing that I have heard but I think that the reason why only the summer Caribbean itineraries were released as opposed to the entire years worth is that it coincides with the Europe and Alaska itinerary releases and would allow them to extend the Lift and shift through the end of October and keep a consistent date limit without extending the offer to all of the 22/23 season. 

If the 8+ ban continues through winter I wonder if they will extend the L&S option?

And can you L&S a booking that has already been through L&S? We must be getting to the point where that's starting to come up?

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

If the 8+ ban continues through winter I wonder if they will extend the L&S option?

And can you L&S a booking that has already been through L&S? We must be getting to the point where that's starting to come up?

You can only L and S once.

So far Ellen is correct.  The current terms and conditions state that you can only L&S once.

It would not surprise me to see the L&S extended through the end of October for the Alaska, Caribbean and Europe cruises especially if those are in danger of sailing.  I also think that if they extended the L&S option they would allow a second L&S.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wish Roayl would make up their minds....either switch them to 7 nights or switch them to 3/4....but this is crazy.... keeping us all hanging... IT IS NOT THAT HARD....Make the decisions and then worry about what ports can be switched.......Can not even book my airfare (on Cyber Monday) for a potential cruise in 6 months...aggravating...

12 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Wish Roayl would make up their minds....either switch them to 7 nights or switch them to 3/4....but this is crazy.... keeping us all hanging... IT IS NOT THAT HARD....Make the decisions and then worry about what ports can be switched.......Can not even book my airfare (on Cyber Monday) for a potential cruise in 6 months...aggravating...

I'm in the same situation--but I do think it IS that hard.  So much we don't think about--like trying to make sure there is room in ports for different days. It would affect both port stops and the departure port.  Plotting out the timing for new itineraries.  Even with their own islands, they already have other ships scheduled so must work around that as well, not to mention ships from other cruise lines.  I'm very anxious to know the plan, but I also know it's not as easy as just flipping a switch.  

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 5:05 PM, wolfcathorse said:

I used to be one of those who was sure they were separate cruises...until I heard that Princess wouldn't let a well known YouTube blogger travel agent book a B2B for one of this clients. He called Princess and Princess told him that the CDC said a person can't be on for more than 7 days. If you get off one ship and go to another one in port you'll be subject to fines and jail time. A person is supposed to quarantine for 7 days if they test negative when they get off or 14 days if they are not tested when they get off. He said since manifests are turned into Homeland Security, they will flag you if your name appears on the manifest and the cruise line will be contacted. I am feeling very negative about the CDC at the moment.

Since the "requirement" to quarantine for 7 or 14 days, with/without a test is a recommendation in a travel "advisory", it is not mandatory, and therefore not enforceable.  There is no jail time or fines for not following it.  Even the CDC requirement in the CSO that the cruise lines not sell or sail any itineraries over 7 days has no penalty to the passenger, it would only result in the ship no longer being allowed to sail in US waters (pulling the CSO Certificate).  These YouTube bloggers tend to state their opinions as fact, with no basis in reality.

In my opinion, side by sides within the same cruise line will not be allowed to be booked, and possibly not side by sides between sister cruise lines (same parent corporation), but side by sides from one line to another, while not "allowed", may be a way of getting around the proscription on more than 7 days at sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/26/2020 at 5:19 PM, rockmom said:

I hope we find out what their plan is sooner than later though, especially since Celebrity has announced theirs.  At least they didn't cancel the ones longer than 7 day outright like Princess and HAL did.  

My 9N (ABC islands) on Celebrity was cancelled outright. 

Edited by crusinthrough

I only have 2 in 2021.  One is a 7 night out of Venice May 1 which I feel will be cancelled and then my 9 night Canada and New England which I lift and shift from 2020 in Sept.  I will cancel the Canada and New England cruise if it changes to a 7 night.

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

In my opinion, side by sides within the same cruise line will not be allowed to be booked, and possibly not side by sides between sister cruise lines (same parent corporation), but side by sides from one line to another, while not "allowed", may be a way of getting around the proscription on more than 7 days at sea.

Considering RCI has trouble keeping folks from booking existing PVSA limitations (like Hawaii - Vancouver-Seattle), I don't have much faith in them limiting S2S initially even within the same line, never mind sister lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Considering RCI has trouble keeping folks from booking existing PVSA limitations (like Hawaii - Vancouver-Seattle), I don't have much faith in them limiting S2S initially even within the same line, never mind sister lines.

What, you don’t feel cruisers will follow CDC Guidelines? 😇

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What, you don’t feel cruisers will follow CDC Guidelines? 😇

The overwhelming majority of customers don't know what PVSA is nor will they likely know the intricacies of COVID era booking rules, and RCI IT system is unlikely to help them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

My 9N (ABC islands) on Celebrity was cancelled outright. 

I saw that they did cancel a few, but for the most part, they took the 6/8 nighters and made them all 7 night cruises.  My point was that Royal, so far, has not cancelled.  Princess and HAL outright cancelled all of theirs that were longer than 7 nights. I hope we know soon which direction Royal will take, but I'm hoping it's along the same path as Celebrity.  

Just wondering if anyone has heard of an update to this? We have a 9 night out of Miami booked for April & a 9 night out of Bayonne in July, and would really like to know what is going to happen to both. 

Right now, more concerned with April, but they need make some kind of decision soon. 

12 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of an update to this? We have a 9 night out of Miami booked for April & a 9 night out of Bayonne in July, and would really like to know what is going to happen to both. 

Right now, more concerned with April, but they need make some kind of decision soon. 

Those will assuredly be cancelled as they are over 7 nights and start in the US.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Cancelled by them would be great, before final payment is due would be better, so I can get a refund other then FCC, as I would like to book something else for the same timeframe - OBX or Smokey Mountains or something........

Unfortunately, in most cases of booked cruises that I have had...RCI mode of operation is to cancel AFTER final payment.  😞  Good luck, hope you get lucky and they cancel before.  

• Like 1