The Daily for Wednesday Nov 25, 2020

richwmn

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Callie / Prissy only helps occasionally.

However another cat has decided to take up residence

Do they just wander into your house and make themselves comfortable?  LOL

BTW, on my post this morning, I forgot to mention I adore Sangria.  Every time we've done a trans-Atlantic out of Barcelona, I'm sure I've consumed gallons of it prior to boarding.  And then I discovered the Aperol Spritz . . . . it's a tough call deciding which one to order.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Do they just wander into your house and make themselves comfortable?  LOL

Actually, yes.

There is a kitty door as Callie has always been mostly an outdoor cat. At various times two other cats come in, mostly at night, to eat. One is a black cat with white boots, and the other is a pretty golden one. Those two just come in and eat. The gray one is very recent and it seems that she might have been abandoned here because she is very attached to people.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Actually, yes.

There is a kitty door as Callie has always been mostly an outdoor cat. At various times two other cats come in, mostly at night, to eat. One is a black cat with white boots, and the other is a pretty golden one. Those two just come in and eat. The gray one is very recent and it seems that she might have been abandoned here because she is very attached to people.

Are you ever a sweet person to let them come in like that.  My hat's off to you for being so kind to animals.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Actually, yes.

Bless you for this ❤️ 

• Like 8

Bonaire was our destination for today. We have never been there so I don't have any pictures. I'll have to find something else. I think HAL's Black Friday Sale starts today. I will be looking for a cruise that will put us in the ABCs this time next year! 

Thanksgiving prep starts today. Simmer the neck & organs for broth and meat for the stuffing, figure out what roasting pan will fit in the oven (it is on the small side) at the new house, set up the "auxiliary" cookers (toaster oven & Nesco roaster)...

We got a 13 lb fresh turkey, it was the smallest I could find. We will cook everything at our place and then drop portions off for our son and girlfriend (his place is about 2.5 miles away). We can Zoom later. Not ideal, but the best we can do under the circumstances. 

Here is where we were on this day in 2002 -

814333506_DSC00439(2).thumb.JPG.935b3a96e8d2bb74142576ef43ac5cb1.JPG

DSC00441.thumb.JPG.a5873abeb13a704b0deb4dcd40290453.JPG

DSC00448.thumb.JPG.f52a234d755a3cd85b716e61974f1b2f.JPG

DSC00453.thumb.JPG.e88e10a30f1dce1a762f7ee26e9a50c5.JPG

• Like 18

42 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Actually, yes.

Kudos to you Rich!  There are so many animals that need help!

• Like 7

Today's sunrise is from my last completed string of cruises, QM2, Crystal Bach, Crystal Serenity, and Crystal Symphony. On November 25, 2019 I was on the Crystal Symphony in Grand Turk:

dawn1126.jpg

We shared the dock that day with the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Easy to see which ship people were on,  Blue tote bags, HAL, white tote bags, Crystal.

IMG_7808.JPG.deacefd3db30a4a2ef0dfb21c03df8e8.JPG

Roy

• Like 17

Good morning! I've made myself sit down because we'll be busy later today. Thanks, Rich for the thread and information. I don't usually have my yearly Peanut Buster Parfait in November-its my welcome Spring tradition-but, I can make the sacrifice if I drive by a Dairy Queen while we are out today.

Love the quote! So many people think that they have the quick solution, but they can't comprehend all of the nuances of that solution.

The meal suggestion sounds delicious, but we'll be out just before dinner so will be having breakfast for dinner tonight. I might just take some chicken out of the freezer for tomorrow, though.

Love Sangria. When we did the walking tapas tour in Cartegena last year, we enjoyed several. 🙂

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Be sure to get your flu shot!😎

08EB9126-D51A-4EEF-9FB6-83370D78A1CB.jpeg

@cat shepard, I've had my flu shot, but I think a booster is in order. 😉

@richwmn how kind it is of you to take in the kitties.

Today, we are off to drop off the bag of Advent books to my oldest grandson. Each year I wrap 24 books for the children to open one a day in December. Luckily, as a teacher, I had dozens of Christmas books when I retired. I smile when I rewrap the books each November. More than one I wrapped was bought before I was married 36 years ago. As they fall apart, or, just because I can't resist, I swap out the older books for new purchases. The other two bags are ready to be delivered on the weekend.

Our COVID numbers continue to rise....there were 35 deaths yesterday in Ontario. Please....

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

• Like 17

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving Eve to our friends from south of the (closed, still😢) border.  Wow, Rich, that's quite something, to have been accepted by all those cats to be their servant.  You have been honoured!

Not too happy today.  Numbers are really going up and more deaths.  Our PM told us yesterday, that because we have no vaccine-making facilities in Canada, we will be waiting a while to receive our shipments of vaccine from other countries, probably having to wait until after the drug companies supply their own countries first.  So, I have a feeling our April cruise is off!  Glad I took the CFAR insurance right away!

But anyway we still have The Daily to enjoy.😃

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and I loved the picture of your new addition. She is beautiful, almost looks part Siamese. When I was young I loved Siamese cats and had several before having Tabby’s and the one Calico. Are you going to name her?

Thank you for your list Roy and pictures. I didn’t know Ken Jennings was going to host Jeopardy but am not surprised.  

My DH went to Costco and just called me to say that they are out of toilet paper and paper towels. Oh boy, here we go again. 

Not sure what is on the menu today, right now thinking about what all I am making for tomorrow. 

I wanted to stop in and say Hi! before my cooking starts and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

• Like 12

Good morning all.   Great days to celebrate!  Love the quote and the drink of the day, best one ever on one of HALs ships.  Even DH loved the drink as well.  It was never repeated.   We were out this morning buying baking supplies so DH could make Irish fruit bread.  The fruits soaks overnight in whiskey.  Chicken is on todays menu but in a stir fry.  My best to all, stay safe.  A very happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating tomorrow.   We have a lot to be thankful for!

• Like 9

Thank you for The Daily.  I sent the National Caregivers Day information to my sister (who lives close to my Mom) and she plans to take bouquets to Mom and to the front desk for the wonderful staff at Mom's independent living facility.  🌻

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

My DH went to Costco and just called me to say that they are out of toilet paper and paper towels. Oh boy, here we go again. 

Yup here we go again.  Someone has a lot of the new currency 😉 

FF0E75AD-6D0F-477F-8867-17EA00D7CB91.jpeg.d2347d764db1781d89f87980fb7ca5dc.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Rich, your gray tabby friend looks much like an elegant beauty we once had - our Hobbes.

DS and DDIL are coming this evening.  They've been isolated for the last 10 days just for us.  Well, I hope they come.  We got a text that they're running late due to plumbing issues.  At LEAST they aren't having company.

They asked for non-traditional, so tomorrow we are having Sauerbraten and Hot German Potato Salad.  Yum!  Then, we'll show 'em.  Friday is the traditional turkey feast.  Accompanied by Pumpkin Pie Cake and a Mixed Berry Pie.  I hope decorating the house will burn of some of the calories.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

• Like 12

We went to Butchart's yesterday.  They are madly decorating, trees full of men with lights.  Of course in the daytime it doesn't show up much, and unfortunately they are not going to be allowed to open up for their yearly light show until after December 8, if then (depends on the numbers!).  The theme is the 12 days of Christmas, and some of displays are so cute!

Partridge in a (golden) pear tree:

IMG_5288.thumb.jpeg.d40be30ff0a642f958d00b9253d88668.jpeg

Three French Hens:

IMG_5294.thumb.jpeg.2d35c1d93c956e3266ed57282a4f5a7d.jpeg

Three of the Eleven  Pipers Piping (actually piping and moving):

IMG_5320.thumb.jpeg.9565e8aaaddeb2e4c1a1745a63b5b680.jpeg

And Porcellino,  - this year, "No Kissing the pig!"

IMG_5322.thumb.jpeg.1be916227a4f3ec2bf35954a06dba2e1.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy and all who make this such a warm place.

Happy thanksgiving to our friends and family in the US!  Even this year we have lots to be thankful for.    

We had a Chinook yesterday which brings warm winds.   You can see the arch in the sky.  Although Leo Dicaprio famously thought it was global warming when he experienced one.😄. The native people called it the snow eater.  

B86B375B-0DBC-4E6C-A9D1-44C829EEA228.jpeg

5D9C8FFD-773D-4EE4-85DB-F8F7A60DBDFA.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15

A late good morning, all! Today is a wonderful collection of days. Hats off especially to all Family Caregivers, facing a normally challenging task in particularly challenging times.

I love butter chicken, but DH has his heart set on spicy baked spaghetti today.

@Hflorssangria is fruit and wine. It’s also a favourite of mine - what’s not to love? I think the red sangria is the original, but there are some delicious white versions as well.

Well, we have taken the plunge and put down our deposit for the last half of the 2022 Grand World. It basically starts us at the same date and longitude to pick up where the 2020 GWV left us. It will probably be a year before the segments open up and we know if we have a cabin, but it’s a positive thing to think of!

• Like 8