The Daily for Wednesday Nov 25, 2020

richwmn

Good Afternoon All!

The morning really flew by.  Am making preparations for tomorrow’s celebration. It will only be DH and my Dad, but I still want to make it a nice dinner.  
Got the pie shells blind baked and the blueberry filling is cooling. Made 1 for dessert tomorrow and 2 minis: 1 for a special neighbor and 1 for dad to take with him. Deciding on gelato flavors was hard- so many ideas ( thank you to those who suggested). I ended up between the 2 that were the most surprising to me and sounded like they would be “bright”. So it will be mango and the second limoncello with poppy seeds. Having never had limoncello, I had to eventually ask for help in locating it. ( The liquor aisle is  unfamiliar territory for me.)

And of course, in the spirit of Graham Kerr, after assembling the gelato base, I had to try the limoncello 😳 Yikes! That stuff is sweet and strong. I don’t think I’ll take a taste again- it will be a gelato ingredient. Happily the resulting gelato base is really tasty.

So a question: can I leave the open limoncello out, or does it need to go in the refrigerator?

@kazu  Funny cartoon. Makes me think of our golden retriever. Except he steels things for attention.....  I can just see him steeling the TP. Just for fun, and the chase.

image.jpeg.bb38650fb655e97272acca8c64fa5068.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

image.png.f222e1c1cb935164a871a651411784ea.png

well 3 hours later and I am home from emergency room at our hospital!

Cleaning my food processor and cut my right thumb and have 3 stitches! Doing good glad a lot of my fixens are done! Shawn will help and a David with our Turkey! So I had an exciting day! LOL

Denise😊

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Cleaning my food processor and cut my right thumb and have 3 stitches! Doing good glad a lot of my fixens are done! Shawn will help and a David with our Turkey! So I had an exciting day! LOL

Denise😊

Ohhhh. That is terrible.   I have ceramic knives and I live in fear every time I cut but they are so wonderful.    I hope you heal quickly.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

I couldn't "like" your post with news like that!  I am so sorry about your accident and hope it heals quickly with little pain.  Let David and Shawn wait on you a little bit, okay?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Sorry about your accident. Take care of yourself!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Denise! Oh no! Hugs winging their way! I am so sorry. Hope the pain is not too terrible & you heal quickly. ❤️🌺

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Oh, I am so sorry.   Take care and I hope you heal quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Oh, how awful.  There's no good time for this but Thanksgiving is not the time to have to deal with this.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello all!

I don't post regularly, but read every one of the posts every day.  This is such a wonderful place to gather with friends....hoping that we can meet on a cruise in the future!

Our Thanksgiving will be different that usual - we're normally at our niece and nephew's home in Connecticut with the whole family, enjoying a huge dinner (turkey, ham, and then lasagna at dessert time!).  With the travel issues and some serious health challenges I'm going through, there was no way we could all get together.  We're hoping for a way to celebrate mid-year 2021 - a summer Thanksgiving time.

Enjoy your special day, either together or apart.  Remember your masks, wash your hands and social distance.  We'll all get through this and back to travel soon!

Laura (and Bill)

• Like 11

9 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Which ship?  We are doing a similar sailing in early 2022, Zuiderdam to San Diego and then a double Hawaii/Tahiti, one on the Koningsdam, one on the Zuiderdam.  

We will be on the Zuiderdam

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

So sorry to hear of your accident, try to keep your thumb dry, do you have a waterproof cover over the sutures?

May the remainder of 2020 be accident free for everyone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

And of course, in the spirit of Graham Kerr, after assembling the gelato base, I had to try the limoncello 😳 Yikes! That stuff is sweet and strong. I don’t think I’ll take a taste again- it will be a gelato ingredient. Happily the resulting gelato base is really tasty.

So a question: can I leave the open limoncello out, or does it need to go in the refrigerator?

I love limoncello but hardly ever have any even though I have some on hand. I keep mine in the freezer next to the vodka. It is an after dinner drink drunk in very small amounts. 

Here are some pictures of my limoncello glasses:

C3970CC4-6EF6-4D84-9615-8397B32B72DA.thumb.jpeg.1f62eed425110ce484556c74b19c88b9.jpegFE5EF97E-025B-479E-868F-A1DD26A55360.thumb.jpeg.7e9b93c3b437167f9b431cb3ee58e32c.jpeg

The green one is newer and the blue one is from Venice and the last one is from an antique store in San Luis Obispo, CA. The two etched ones are probably not really limoncello glasses but cordial glasses. The blue one only holds half an ounce. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Oh no!!!  Get better fast and keep your thumb dry!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

Geeze, take care of that thumb! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello all! We are enjoying our little getaway at the ocean. Our hotel balcony overlooks the sea, I can almost imagine being on a cruise ship — almost. 😄 Here are a few photos of some sights from today. 🙂

Will be picking up our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, the restaurant is doing all pick-ups tonight, which is fine, we may have left overs tomorrow!  I brought pumpkin pie and wine. ☺️

@DeeniEncinitasoh my goodness I’m sorry about your cut and hope you heal quickly!

90928E76-13E7-4B04-899D-5348A3174E77.jpeg

E2BF3B1A-AF4B-45C6-851D-EF38DFC2B061.jpeg

2A5B9866-DC6A-41F5-92EA-9E641C0BEF45.jpeg

C138F1AB-2F39-48CF-95D1-0417855D4DE0.jpeg

FDAE1BA5-BDFA-4F38-90B9-11C126DD3632.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

So sorry to hear of your accident, try to keep your thumb dry, do you have a waterproof cover over the sutures?

May the remainder of 2020 be accident free for everyone.

Hi erewhon! Yes keeping thumb dry! And elevated up! I have been 👍 thumbs up all day. I just removed the bandage to let it air dry right now! Looks good. Such a stupid accident on my part trying to wash the blade like I did!! Yes in regards to waterproof cover. They gave me so much stuff. I go back in 3 days for a check and on 12/5 sutures removed.

Denise😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1