The Daily for Wednesday Nov 25, 2020

richwmn

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Afternoon All!

The morning really flew by.  Am making preparations for tomorrow’s celebration. It will only be DH and my Dad, but I still want to make it a nice dinner.  
Got the pie shells blind baked and the blueberry filling is cooling. Made 1 for dessert tomorrow and 2 minis: 1 for a special neighbor and 1 for dad to take with him. Deciding on gelato flavors was hard- so many ideas ( thank you to those who suggested). I ended up between the 2 that were the most surprising to me and sounded like they would be “bright”. So it will be mango and the second limoncello with poppy seeds. Having never had limoncello, I had to eventually ask for help in locating it. ( The liquor aisle is  unfamiliar territory for me.)

And of course, in the spirit of Graham Kerr, after assembling the gelato base, I had to try the limoncello 😳 Yikes! That stuff is sweet and strong. I don’t think I’ll take a taste again- it will be a gelato ingredient. Happily the resulting gelato base is really tasty.

So a question: can I leave the open limoncello out, or does it need to go in the refrigerator?

@kazu  Funny cartoon. Makes me think of our golden retriever. Except he steels things for attention.....  I can just see him steeling the TP. Just for fun, and the chase.

image.jpeg.bb38650fb655e97272acca8c64fa5068.jpeg

I cannot answer your question but you making my mouth water and my stomach growl.. Have a Nice Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Just finally getting a chance to take a break and look at the daily.  Worked today and then came home and did some pre dinner prep for tomorrow.  Sure having a time cutting back!  When you cook by pot size it is hard to make less, too many years of cooking for a crowd and there will be just 3 of us!  Will have plenty of left overs for our folks.

I love Sangria, red or white styles.  Since I am the only one here who would drink it I will wait until I have a chance to share with a group!

Parfait Day, interesting I worked at a Dairy Queen in high school and made plenty of Peanut Buster Parfaits, never have eaten one though!

Denise take care of that finger (it should get you out of dish duty as you need to keep it dry)🙂.  When I was working the ER every year we would always have a few "turkey Day" owies.  In the morning it was kitchen prep injuries, and the afternoon "hold my beer" injuries when the over 40 folks tried to show the teenage family members how to play football!

Everyone have a wonderful, thankful day tomorrow.

Denise

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas oh no!! My sweet precious sister! My heart is with you! Poor baby girl. Wish I were with you to have a drink or 5 to ease the pain. From now on, you are NOT ALLOWED  anything sharper than a crayon!!! Love you!!

It is 10:30 here and I know your in bed!

❤️Thank you! I am fine just alittle stressed! Shawn was a trooper and David was good too!  Try having your husband put your hair up in a pony tail! Shawn laughed and did it for me!😊LOL! 
❤️ Back at you Joy!!!

Denise😘

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Denise! Oh no! Hugs winging their way! I am so sorry. Hope the pain is not too terrible & you heal quickly. ❤️🌺

Dear Ann! First off thank you! It is 1:30 am your time and I know your asleep! Sent Joy a thank you too!! Such a stupid  accident!

Now my food processor blade is my nemesis!! LOL

Have a good Thanksgiving sis!

Denise😘

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Just finally getting a chance to take a break and look at the daily.  Worked today and then came home and did some pre dinner prep for tomorrow.  Sure having a time cutting back!  When you cook by pot size it is hard to make less, too many years of cooking for a crowd and there will be just 3 of us!  Will have plenty of left overs for our folks.

I love Sangria, red or white styles.  Since I am the only one here who would drink it I will wait until I have a chance to share with a group!

Parfait Day, interesting I worked at a Dairy Queen in high school and made plenty of Peanut Buster Parfaits, never have eaten one though!

Denise take care of that finger (it should get you out of dish duty as you need to keep it dry)🙂.  When I was working the ER every year we would always have a few "turkey Day" owies.  In the morning it was kitchen prep injuries, and the afternoon "hold my beer" injuries when the over 40 folks tried to show the teenage family members how to play football!

Everyone have a wonderful, thankful day tomorrow.

Denise

Thank you! Very kind! I am more embarrassed than anything else! 
Happy Thanksgiving to your family

Denise😊

• Like 4