Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone In USA... And Wishing a Happy Day To Those In Canada

Belle

What To Be Thankful For In Here....

T...Together We Can Do It

H...Healthy Is Our Goal

A...Always Trying

N...Nice People In Here

K...Knowing What We Need To Do

S...Smiling No Matter What The Scale Said

G...Giving Ideas And Encouragement 

I...Inches Lost

V...Vitamins.. We Should Be Taking Some

I...Ideas For Losing Weight Comes From Us All

N...Never Give Up

G...Girls  (Women) Rule In Here:classic_smile:

I have a lot to be thankful for:

1. No one in my family caught covid

2. Although 5 in my immediate family lost jobs, they got unemployment and 4 are back to work (part-time, temp, or permanent positions but WORKING 🤑)

3. We did not experience hunger or shortages like many in the US

4. I lost my quarantine 15

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving...or Happy Thursday depending on where you are!

I'm up .4 this week. DH took some time off this week, and we always seem to eat more when he's on vacation mode. We've had longer eating windows all week and even a few early lunches. To help, we moved our weekend special breakfast to today, and we probably won't want to eat lunch. Big dinner tonight, then back to a regular fasting schedule tomorrow and all weekend. Somebody slap my hand when I try to make a turkey sandwich at noon tomorrow!

Hoping to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done online this weekend. Having a hard time committing to buying the usual pre-cruise purchases like drink packages and wi-fi though. I think we'll be back to sailing next October, but I would feel a lot better about it if the test runs were all over, they had CDC approval, and the first real sailings were underway. Oh well, I can always cancel for a refund.

Hope your all are having a good day however celebrating or not celebrating this

Thanksgiving.

I to am a stay the samer which means didn't get my gain off from last week

(which was really 2 weeks) Ate to much on Tuesday and may have another

Turkey Dinner tonight.  Monday a good day to start being stricter if don't I make it 

Friday!

We all can do it..just get past the weekend without gaining and Monday loss's start coming

back to each of us.

Take care and stay safe.:classic_smile:

Hi,

Ombud, I will echo your words. We and no one in my or my hubby's family's and none of our friends or neighbors have gotten COVID. VERY thankful for that. Congrats on losing the COVID 15.

Jan, sorry you gained. OK though this time of year.

Mel, small gain. Good for you for getting back to the fasting, etc. 

Izena, ok to stay the same. Nice you have the ski trip to look forward to.

Belle, I think it's great you stayed the same after the Thanksgiving meal on Tuesday.

Take care, stay safe, Diana

Hi all!

Hope you're all having a nice Thanksgiving Day. Sure will be one to remember!!

Am I the first one to have lost weight this week? I'm down a bit, 0.6 lbs but at least in the right direction & still under 170 but not that close to 150, boo hoo.

Yes, we all do have lots to be thankful for. My girls are both working from home so that's good.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

No one talking..Too Full?  Busy cleaning up? Must be a reason no one's talking!

Hope you all had a good day with family or alone with husband or just alone.

Jo nice you had a loss and no Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, you again might

have a loss and not the rest of us.

I had a 2nd Turkey Dinner last night (remember had ours on Tuesday) daughter called

that after work she was bringing a turkey dinner for 2 after work. Thought she might

she gave a hint before, so was prepared so didn't eat to much during the day. She's

so nice and caring.:classic_smile:

My son got me a good deal on a new computer yesterday. One day sale.

Great deal. Saved me some money.

Should get it in a week and one day he will set up for me.:classic_smile:

Hope to hear from some of you today.

Stay safe

• Like 1

I have a nightmare to deal with. ChipDrop offers free bark or wood chips or mulch or logs (you specify which one you want) and the arborist drop it off. I specified wood chips only & they said it would take up to 6 weeks since it was so restricted. I got this the next day: mulch, green clippings, 4'+ diameter logs hidden throughout apx 15 yards.  No wood chips

IMG_1106(1).thumb.jpg.50f82f681eaf1dac8d9693e031b439eb.jpg

So we are busily distributing it throughout front (which is how I found logs) and starting on moving the rest to the back soon. Broke 4 nails

20201126_094157.thumb.jpg.f97b57027d99b7a1e0e82750cfdf8058.jpg

I'm counting it as exercise. 

Does that mean I can have dessert 2-3 days in a row?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Hello,

I had housework to do today....cleaning bathrooms, washing clothes and towels. Went grocery shopping at 9am today, nobody there. I think we saw about 20 customers.....No one in the self-checkout.

Our turkey yesterday was delicious. I brined it overnights. Today we had turkey sandwiches. The turkey is so flavorful.

Belle, how sweet your daughter is to bring dinner. And son for getting you a computer deal. 

Congrats to Jo for being the only loser so far this week....

Ombud, yikes, waht a mess. Sorry you broke your nails. Oh man, if that was in my front yard I would probably cry.......

Have a good day, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Nice to see you Ombud and Diana

Ombud what a mess, did you want to keep it? Could of you told them to take it back?

Get what you wanted. Afraid with all stuff you might get weeds growing from it.

Moving all that and broken nails....yes you can extra desserts. That's lots of exercise.

Diana..It's still Holiday weekend, not suppose to work and clean the house.:classic_smile: Glad you got your

shopping done without many people.  Glad you had a delicious turkey dinner and leftovers.

Wishing you both a safe and happy weekend. Let's hope that people around our towns/area's

were good and the virus counts don't go up even more in two weeks because of Thanksgiving.

There to high all ready.

I worked like Diana today. Cleaned upstairs bathrooms, and we got furniture moved and the upstairs tree up in our school room. It has all our "fun" ornaments on it - baby's first, cruise port ornaments, etc. We'll put up our downstairs tree tomorrow. It's more formal and just has maroon and silver ornaments. Hubby went to A&M, and we have an Aggie Santa that goes on top of that one. Bought one Christmas gift online today, and then bought all the pre-cruise stuff I was on the fence about. 

Diana - I bet your turkey was delicious! We brined one once, and it was so good!

Belle - congrats on the new computer! 

Ombud - so sorry. Glad you have some help!

Feet up, wine poured, I'm done for the day

Belle, turkey dinner for 2 sounds perfect for a 2nd Thanksgiving!! And great deal on a new computer. Laptop or desktop?

Diana, yes I had a good panic attack. My son had used the same service and got wonderful chips. I was just unlucky but have wonderful kids who fixed it for me. Not cleaning house until tomorrow but I did get dishes, laundry, leftovers handled (divided up & sent home with kids last night). 

Mel, that tree sounds beautiful. Did you get your online Black Friday shopping done?

Jo, congratulations on a loss, especially this time of year. 

Afternoon to ALL where ever you are or doing.

Lazy Sat. here. Going to make a pot roast soon.  Had enough turkey, in fact

to much. Having the 2 dinners and some leftovers been eating to much.

You notice once you eat more than normal..YOU WANT MORE  "stuff"!:classic_ohmy:

Ombud hope you weren't to sore today.  Getting a desktop computer.

Mel sounds like you were busy getting all that Christmas stuff done. I' not there yet

with the Christmas  feeling yet.  Hope I will soon.

Diana hope your having a good day.

Jo I see that Toronto is in lockdown.  Your doing OK?

Izena Are you getting excited about the ski trip and just getting away for awhile?

Jan how are you doing? Been quiet. You did see some of your family Thanksgiving?

Hope so. I know everything is just getting to much.  I fine myself down more than up.

Everyone enjoy the rest of Sat. and have a good Sun.

From me:classic_smile:

I barely walked today. Rationalizing that yesterday was enough. Yeah. I'm great at rationalizing. 

Ordered 3 dz biscotti from a small town baker (my contribution to Shop Small Saturday). Will start building holiday gift boxes once I get them. Will add my marble fudge, (making) chocolate spoons, coffee,

and checks. That'll do it my 3 'kids.' Oldest grandkids just want cash. Littlest 3 love opening wrapped boxes within wrapped bags within bags (like nestling dolls). 

I cannot believe that I'm almost done 

Jo, lockdown!?!?!

Belle, desktop😊

Mel, aw, nice you're decorating your house. 

Ombud, so glad your son helped. Your holiday gft boxes sound great. 

Hi Belle. Made turkey carcass soup for tonight. Yesterday happy made us an really yummy sandwich. We have a sandwich press. He put turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy in the sandwich and pressed. Slightly messy but yum. 

We're having turkey one more time tomorrow night then we're done for a while. 

We haven't done much today. Watched some free movies from our cable provider. 

Have a nice evening. Diana

Ombud -  I hope you have recovered from all the yard work! Your gift boxes sound so nice! I finished up all the shopping for the kids this morning. There's one video game we're having a hard time finding for my son, but we're hoping it comes back in stock after Cyber Monday. If not, we'll just replace it with another game. We just bought a gaming system last Christmas, so they still don't have a lot of games. DH and I are keeping it small. We want to replace our everyday plates, glasses, and silverware. After 15 years, we've managed to break / chip enough that it's just time. Also, I think the kids have accidentally thrown away a few forks and spoons when clearing the table. 😆

Diana - Your leftovers sound good. We're not very creative with ours...turkey sandwich or just throw it all in the microwave for a repeat meal.

Belle - I know what you mean about wanting more. We didn't make a big variety of dishes, but we made a lot of what we did have. We had a lot of pie too. My plan to just get 4 individual size pies didn't work out so we've been working our way through 2 full size ones. Even staying in my window, there's been a lot more salt and sugar than I usually have so I'm up so far this week. Hopefully we run out of leftovers soon!

I'm hoping we can finish decorating today. We didn't work on it at all yesterday; I had to drop off some samples at noon, and we watched a Christmas movie and played games all afternoon. I don't like having all the boxes in the way, but I don't think it bothers anyone else in the house. I feel like there's an obstacle course in my living room!

I managed to get back to my routine. 3 mile walk with inclines. Koda loves it.

Diana & Belle, I want to finish with leftovers. I'm thinking puree roasted veggies into soup (freeze 3 portions), 4 mini casseroles (3 to freezer), and regular dinner. That way I only have to cook a few times each week for the next month. It's just me here until the 19th but I like a variety for dinners. I could eat what's there for a solid week (and I even sent 2 large grocery bags home with 2 kids and fed everyone leftover mac & cheese / pumpkin cake on clean up day 😶)

Mel, you're inspiring me to start decorating. We're Jewish so no tree but (when I was younger) I have a lot of other homemade stuff : 2 flags for outside, 3 hanukkiahs for inside, dradles, needlepoint wall decor.  I'll get to it after I clean house today.

Jo, is Toronto on a hard lockdown (stay at home) or a soft one (10pm - 5am curfew)? 1 sister's County (Santa Clara) is telling people to quarantine if they travel 150 miles away. Another sister's County is just on curfew. Our PD is ignoring it but I'm staying home until after the holidays ex dog walks

Edited by Ombud

Hi, all.  I hope that everyone had a great holiday.   Ours was very quiet since we don't see many people.  DH is back to working from home.  His company decided the Covid risk is getting too high to work from the office.  

My son, my nephew and my nephew's infant son all are sick with Covid right now.  I am beside myself with worry every minute of every day.   So far, they all seem to have mild cases and all are still home.  

I have been staying the same the past few weeks.  Hopefully, soon I will have a loss of some kind.

Rose

HI all!

Rose ~ so sorry to hear of the worry of having your loved ones infected with Covid. Hope all turns out fine.

Belle & Ombud ~ thanks for your concern but I'm outside a small Town 3 hours from Toronto so only know they're code red, whatever that means. We may be going to yellow here. Some shops are refusing to serve people from the Toronto area & our mayor is advising us not to go to places with higher numbers than we have eg Toronto.

Ombud ~ yikes that was quite the mess they left you!!Glad you took it in stride & had help.

How many desserts did you reward yourself with?

I just had my Carnival Feb cruise cancelled & am wondering if the NCL one before it will be too. FP is coming up so I'll cancel rather than pay it.

I was wondering if you think my 0.6 lb weight loss could be the result of me getting my hair cut, could that be?

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊