How Hopeful - March 2021

cellfree

Have not been following Royal’s threads even though I have a March 2021 cruise booked on Royal out of Tampa. Of course I realize none of us know when cruises will restart and if particular cruise lines will choose certain ports. Is March 2021 even a possibility out of Tampa? I am also wondering how far in advance Royal has been notifying people of cancellations? If I knew Tampa was definitely not an open port I would chance making a booking out of Miami. 

15 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I realize none of us know when cruises will restart and if particular cruise lines will choose certain ports. Is March 2021 even a possibility out of Tampa? 

Everything I've read says miami and port Canaveral first, then Galveston... so if it's been said by multiple cruiselines, idk that it's as completely unknown as you say.

Every ship has to be inspected 

They have been cancelling last minute, after final payment all along, waiting now for january cancellations. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Have not been following Royal’s threads even though I have a March 2021 cruise booked on Royal out of Tampa. Of course I realize none of us know when cruises will restart and if particular cruise lines will choose certain ports. Is March 2021 even a possibility out of Tampa? I am also wondering how far in advance Royal has been notifying people of cancellations? If I knew Tampa was definitely not an open port I would chance making a booking out of Miami. 

After final payment! 🤬 We have a B2B Caribbean cruise March 2021 out of Tampa and final payment for the cruises is due 4 December. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

After final payment! 🤬 We have a B2B Caribbean cruise March 2021 out of Tampa and final payment for the cruises is due 4 December. 

Yup, I have one coming up on Thursday of this week.  The cancellation for both us will most like be on the 5th.  😠😡

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

They still have not cancelled January and carnival did that 2 weeks ago.

In fact they still are letting me check in for my cruise in January from PR - kind of funny!

Maybe they are letting us go...

I am booked on doomed B2B out of PR on Freedom 1/10 & 1/17.  I don't expect those to go, and still waiting for official cancellation so I can cancel my flight...yet again.  Was already flight credit for previous cancelled cruise/flight on American.   😖

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, I have one coming up on Thursday of this week.  The cancellation for both us will most like be on the 5th.  😠😡

No doubt! Not to worry if you all of a sudden hear a lot of loud swearing and not sure where it's coming from, it's not Bucky, it's just me. 🤬

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am booked on doomed B2B out of PR on Freedom 1/10 & 1/17.

We're in the same boat 🙂 except ours is in March.  I love cruising out of SJU, but, I have little faith this one will happen.  I have not even bought air yet and normally I would have done it long ago.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No doubt! Not to worry if you all of a sudden hear a lot of loud swearing and not sure where it's coming from, it's not Bucky, it's just me. 🤬

And there will be at least one female scream of frustration paired up with that...and probably Kathy as well.  😣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

We're in the same boat 🙂 except ours is in March.  I love cruising out of SJU, but, I have little faith this one will happen.  I have not even bought air yet and normally I would have done it long ago.

I thought I found a home for my credit voucher from cancelled June Grandeur flight on American.  Was happy to use it for this flight Orlando to SJ...at the time anyway...does not look like that home will stick.  😞 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m guessing that in March  there will only be the 3/4 day sailings and certainly not out of Tampa. 

It will end up being later than that sadly. The CDC is requiring a 60 Day Advance Notice and Waiting period between the test cruise and first revenue sailing. 

So for example, Ship A:

Test Cruise 1: Jan 15

Test Cruise 2: Jan 30

CDC Review of Data: 14 Days

Advance Notice: 2/15

First Revenue Sail Date: 4/15

Also I read that if there is a coronavirus case onboard among crew, there is a 28 day waiting period that must occur. 

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Few if any scheduled March cruises are going to happen.

So we can kiss our Allure Feb 7 cruise good-bye?  I am afraid if they are not sailing by March or April there will be no cruise line left in business.  Wish the CDC could actually realize how many people and businesses will be gone because they will not let the cruise industry sail again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

It will end up being later than that sadly. The CDC is requiring a 60 Day Advance Notice and Waiting period between the test cruise and first revenue sailing. 

So for example, Ship A:

Also I read that if there is a coronavirus case onboard among crew, there is a 28 day waiting period that must occur. 

Your overall timeline is probably a good yardstick, but I doubt that any of the "test" cruises will last more than 48-72 hours. They're testing their policies and procedures, not where they will ultimately be sailing. I also doubt that any of the test cruises will ever get much beyond view of their home port, because one of the things they will need to test is emergency evacuation of a "critically ill" passenger. With another 48-72 hours to do a post-cruise action review, they will repeat with new volunteers and a completely different script. Then "rinse and repeat" until they have covered all eventualities to the CDC and CG's satisfaction. We have a7-night Harmony for the last week in March, and I thoroughly do not expect that ship to sail.

38 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So we can kiss our Allure Feb 7 cruise good-bye?  I am afraid if they are not sailing by March or April there will be no cruise line left in business.  Wish the CDC could actually realize how many people and businesses will be gone because they will not let the cruise industry sail again.

Some here will say it for the better of all the people. 
Maybe! 

My gut tells me - they don’t care. The powers that be don’t care about small businesses that are going bust, why care about big businesses. 

• Like 1

Yes sadly looks like we will L & S my brother’s 3/21 rhapsody to our  3/22 Harmony cruise.  And then cancel our 3/21 Rhapsody (did a L & S on it months ago & perhaps foolishly rebooked it because I liked the itinerary).  ☹️☹️☹️

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Your overall timeline is probably a good yardstick, but I doubt that any of the "test" cruises will last more than 48-72 hours. They're testing their policies and procedures, not where they will ultimately be sailing. I also doubt that any of the test cruises will ever get much beyond view of their home port, because one of the things they will need to test is emergency evacuation of a "critically ill" passenger. With another 48-72 hours to do a post-cruise action review, they will repeat with new volunteers and a completely different script. Then "rinse and repeat" until they have covered all eventualities to the CDC and CG's satisfaction. We have a7-night Harmony for the last week in March, and I thoroughly do not expect that ship to sail.

There will be a series of test cruises over various durations as defined by the CDC.  Then CDC is requiring responses and modifications based on comments before beginning the next cruise. One of the sailings will test Coco Cay per their regulations. 

Edited by Kokomo91165

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

So for example, Ship A:

I'm april 25, sure hoped it would go.

It would certainly be helpful and “nice” if cruise lines let booked passengers know sooner than later if there are certain ships that will not cruise out of certain ports. That would free up our cash and encourage us to book out further. Seems all lines are handling cancellations in (sort of) the same way. 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I thought I found a home for my credit voucher from cancelled June Grandeur flight on American.  Was happy to use it for this flight Orlando to SJ...at the time anyway...does not look like that home will stick.  😞 

Yeah.  I'm going to use mine for the Brilliance in June.  Hopefully that will be a go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It would certainly be helpful and “nice” if cruise lines let booked passengers know sooner than later if there are certain ships that will not cruise out of certain ports.

Agreed.  OTOH, if they can you to cancel, they save having to pay out the 25% bonus.  If you don't, you make final payment and they have more of your cash to play with.  I don't like it, regardless.

• Like 1