How Hopeful - March 2021

cellfree

6 hours ago, cellfree said:

Have not been following Royal’s threads even though I have a March 2021 cruise booked on Royal out of Tampa. Of course I realize none of us know when cruises will restart and if particular cruise lines will choose certain ports. Is March 2021 even a possibility out of Tampa? I am also wondering how far in advance Royal has been notifying people of cancellations? If I knew Tampa was definitely not an open port I would chance making a booking out of Miami. 

Cell free, I would see if you can lift and shift your cruise to March 2022.  Lift and shift enables you to move your cruise to the same time the following year and your cruise is price protected.

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The cdc doesnt care about what  businesses survive, they want humans to survive.

Debatable - but it would be nice if this was their sole mission, along with the WHO and everyone else including both parties playing politics with our lives. But those that believe this - I am jealous of you and wish you well on the first round of the vaccine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Cell free, I would see if you can lift and shift your cruise to March 2022.  Lift and shift enables you to move your cruise to the same time the following year and your cruise is price protected.

Ah interesting, is this something Royal offers? And by price protection are you suggesting they will offer same price i paid for 2021? 

26 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Ah interesting, is this something Royal offers? And by price protection are you suggesting they will offer same price i paid for 2021? 

Yes exactly. On royal site look for cruise with confidence, scroll down to see it. Choose cancel. One option is lift and shift. Pick ONE, your favorite, not 3 choices. Or just  go look and see what is offered and then back out if you want to think about it.

Same price, same category. Assuming you dont have unusual category. It will be price protected. When you are ready click submit. I got same cabin. If you dont like the cabin, you can change within same category. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cellfree said:

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.239262595.1235966876.1606697797-1715865626.1532218227

Go to link above and you can do a mock lift n shift to see what sailings are available for you to l&s your mar 21 to mar 22.  Yes at the same price.

• Like 1

This is just a mess.  I'm not even sure if my June 2021 cruise out of Bayonne will happen.

1) Will the Bayonne cruise port be open?

2) Will Bermuda be open for cruise tourism?

3) Will Freedom be approved for sailing?

4) Will I be booted off so Royal can meet the "safe" quota?

I've had my December 2020, February 2021, and April 2021 cruises moved to later dates.

Edited by soremekun

I get wanting humans to survive but have you seen any statistics on how many people have committed suicide, or how the abuse rate has gone up, drug rates have gone up, and if you look at the WHO site the believe the lockdown is a bad idea.  You cannot survive if you have no money to take care of your family.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, soremekun said:

This is just a mess.  I'm not even sure if my June 2021 cruise out of Bayonne will happen.

1) Will the Bayonne cruise port be open?

2) Will Bermuda be open for cruise tourism?

3) Will Freedom be approved for sailing?

4) Will I be booted off so Royal can meet the "safe" quota?

I've heard nothing about #4, except ourusualbeach usually says sailing isnt close to full, this is not a issue. First 3 no one knows., 

I'm thinking I'll be vaccinated and my cruise might get cancelled anyway. I'm in april. 

We have 7 night in March 2021 and will be cancelling. Have 2 weeks before our final payment, but just find it hard to pull the trigger (but have cancelled our cruise planner items).  I have to agree with others that if anything, it will be 3 and 4 night running by then, but so far no official start date or cruise.

10 hours ago, cellfree said:

Have not been following Royal’s threads even though I have a March 2021 cruise booked on Royal out of Tampa. Of course I realize none of us know when cruises will restart and if particular cruise lines will choose certain ports. Is March 2021 even a possibility out of Tampa? I am also wondering how far in advance Royal has been notifying people of cancellations? If I knew Tampa was definitely not an open port I would chance making a booking out of Miami. 

April or May is a more realistic time to expect some cruising to resume out of the US.  Tampa won't be one of the first locations, so perhaps you should make a reservation out of Miami if you want to cruise during the first half of 2021.

We had spring break booked for March. We had been debating moving it then our DD college pushed Spring Break back to April so we pulled the plug and did a L&S to next year. 

Thoroughly expecting our January cruises to be cancelled just wish they’d do it sooner rather than later. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.239262595.1235966876.1606697797-1715865626.1532218227

Go to link above and you can do a mock lift n shift to see what sailings are available for you to l&s your mar 21 to mar 22.  Yes at the same price.

Thank you for information, never knew about this, typically cruise between Carnival and MSC but was given Royal gift certificates and booked March 2021 a very long time ago, it is the Port of Tampa that is greatest concern as I think it will start up later than sooner, will do the “lift and shift” today,.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Is this typical - when I do a "lift and shift" trial it does give me the option to choose a later date BUT it also says "best available cabin" based on availability - do I need to call Royal to choose a cabin?

It always say best available cabin.  you can call and change the cabin assignment to another one in the same category

4 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Is this typical - when I do a "lift and shift" trial it does give me the option to choose a later date BUT it also says "best available cabin" based on availability - do I need to call Royal to choose a cabin?

Yes, but gave me same cabin. As molly says you can call if you dont like what they picked and change within your category.

No reason to call until you get the lift and shift confirmed and see where they put you. As I said pick one choice, not 3 itineraries. Pick your favorite

22 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Quick replies very much appreciated, want to get this over with. Thank you.

They should be giving you options for a new cruise within 4 week period.  I.e. if your existing cruise is march 15th 2021 you can select one up to april 15th 2022.

They try to give same cabin number if its available.  If you dont like want they give you you call to change just has to be same category.  

5 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Seems to have worked, confirmation email says I will hear within 72 hours - oh but new date of March 2022 seems so far away - I'm not getting any younger - yikes - but am working on positivity!

Sometimes the price confirmation takes a little longer. Good chance if you log in tomorrow you will see the new date listed. So at least you will see your new cabin number.

Edited by firefly333

I did a Lift & Shift from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021.  I got the same cabin & price protection but I did have to pay an increase in port fees/taxes.  I'm just hoping Bayonne will be open by then.  It is all a waiting game for me.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm booked 10/17/21 on the Oasis.  

29 minutes ago, PTAngel said:

I did a Lift & Shift from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021.  I got the same cabin & price protection but I did have to pay an increase in port fees/taxes.  I'm just hoping Bayonne will be open by then.  It is all a waiting game for me.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm booked 10/17/21 on the Oasis.  

That's true, forgot to mention taxes and port fees arent protected, just the cruisefare.

Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions. Finally pulled the plug on our March 2021 Harmony cruise and did a L&S to March 2022. There was actually a L&S cruise available that gave us the Western leg on a B2B on Harmony.😀

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

It was an easy process - went from March 2021 to March 2022 - the form/process talked about taxes - but am I simply paying the difference in taxes if the taxes on new date are more than taxes on old date?

Taxes and port fees. Mostly they seem to have gone up. On my 7 day up about $30. I assume the ports are negotiating new higher port fees, or because they anticipate fewer onboard. Your cruisefare when you get final invoice should be exactly the same.

You can log in and see when they lifted it, but it takes them a few days to send the new invoice, or if you used a ta, he should get it. Just make sure you get it, as some said it didnt come.