How Hopeful - March 2021

cellfree

30 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just saw this on a NCL fan FB group. Now I am watching for Royal to follow suit. 

Would be nice if they did it today...so I could avoid the pricey final I have due tomorrow.  😮 

Yah...I know...in perfect world.  😉 

But seriously...the final I have due is for an 18 night cruise around the bottom of Australia.  No way...no how...that cruise could happen.  RCI knows it, has known for weeks, that it can't happen.  Really frustrating and unfair.  

Two cruises a month after that are TPs of 19 and 11 nights in April that involve a US port (Honolulu).  No way at all until November are over 7 night cruises allowed as stated.  Not on website any longer, not taking bookings...but not officially cancelled.  Gets my knickers in a bunch for sure.  😡

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Would be nice if they did it today...so I could avoid the pricey final I have due tomorrow.  😮 

We had a final payment due at the end of December for a March 2021 cruise that we just did an L&S to an April 2022 cruise.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We had a final payment due at the end of December for a March 2021 cruise that we just did an L&S to an April 2022 cruise.

I would do that...but nothing to L&S to.  No cruises even close to a 16 and 18 day two leg circle the country of Australia itinerary going on in 2022.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I would do that...but nothing to L&S to.  No cruises even close to a 16 and 18 day two leg circle the country of Australia itinerary going on in 2022.  

Ouch, that would really be a big wallet hurt😱

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Ouch, that would really be a big wallet hurt😱

Already had to pay final on first leg...2nd leg due tomorrow. $$   RCI has me over a barrel right now, since if I elect to cancel...I get yet more FCC vouchers I have no where to place, and not enough time to use.

If I pay...and they cancel just after (seems the norm lately)...I will take the full cash back to Credit Card.  If they pay it back within 2 weeks, as last couple of cancellations (big "IF" there)....I will be once again "floating a loan" interest free to them..but at least I am not stuck with FCC vouchers.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Already had to pay final on first leg...2nd leg due tomorrow. $$   RCI has me over a barrel right now, since if I elect to cancel...I get yet more FCC vouchers I have no where to place, and not enough time to use.

If I pay...and they cancel just after (seems the norm lately)...I will take the full cash back to Credit Card.  If they pay it back within 2 weeks, as last couple of cancellations (big "IF" there)....I will be once again "floating a loan" interest free to them..but at least I am not stuck with FCC vouchers.  

They are going to have to do something with all these FCC's that are going to be useless. 

I will be making my $7000.00 final payment for my March cruise in a few weeks and applying my $1000.00 FCC from my August cruise I cancelled to it. I know there is no way that cruise is going to sail but do not want yet another $1000.00 FCC that I will not be able to use by next December. At least this way my original FCC will get a bit of an extension and I can get my deposit refunded for my March cruise.

So I will float them the $6000.00 until they decide to cancel. Total BS.

Edited by Hammergirl
added text

4 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

RCL to announce cancellations through 2/28/21 later today. March cruises aren’t going to happen folks. 

Is this a WAG? 

Never mind. Just saw another thread with more details. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, island lady said:

But seriously...the final I have due is for an 18 night cruise around the bottom of Australia.  No way...no how...that cruise could happen.  RCI knows it, has known for weeks, that it can't happen.  Really frustrating and unfair.  

Two cruises a month after that are TPs of 19 and 11 nights in April that involve a US port (Honolulu).  No way at all until November are over 7 night cruises allowed as stated.  Not on website any longer, not taking bookings...but not officially cancelled.  Gets my knickers in a bunch for sure.  😡

If yours is Austrailia I believe they just cancelled them thru April 2021

Our plan is to resume further operation in March; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

Australia sailings departing from January 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021.

Edited by molly361

2 hours ago, island lady said:

RCL just cancelled Australia through April - hope that gets you out from  under that $$$$ rock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If yours is Austrailia I believe they just cancelled them thru April 2021

Our plan is to resume further operation in March; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

Australia sailings departing from January 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021.

Yup, just in the nick of time...go figure!  Finally got lucky!!  🙂  My final for pricey 18 night was due tomorrow.  Have already been online to request cash back to credit card for B2B Freedom PR in January, and then the big ones for Aussie adventure.  Had to make final on first one, but rest should be refund to credit card for deposits.  Whew.... glad to be done with that.  Now the waiting game for refunds.  😮 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are both off the hook!!  😄 😄   Whew!!  😉 $$$

Right on and congratulations. HH for you may have to start a little earlier today. 🍷 However, I'm still on the hook. Our B2B cruise is a March (13th and 20th) to the Western Caribbean. I believe RCG won't make a decision until January. Looking at possible L&S for the same ship and approximate sail dates (19 and 26 March 2022). The only bummer is the itineraries changed. Waiting for the TA to call me back as I have a few questions before I (we) decide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Right on and congratulations. HH for you may have to start a little earlier today. 🍷 However, I'm still on the hook. Our B2B cruise is a March (13th and 20th) to the Western Caribbean. I believe RCG won't make a decision until January. Looking at possible L&S for the same ship and approximate sail dates (19 and 26 March 2022). The only bummer is the itineraries changed. Waiting for the TA to call me back as I have a few questions before I (we) decide. 

Ahhh... Bummer.  I forgot the cancellations were for different areas.  😞   

Just off the phone with United.  Full cash back to credit card for the one way Orlando to Sydney.  

.  🤗

Indeed a very Happy Hour to take place soon.  Whew...   😁

• Like 3

Just now, island lady said:

Ahhh... Bummer.  I forgot the cancellations were for different areas.  😞   

Just off the phone with United.  Full cash back to credit card for the one way Orlando to Sydney.  

.  🤗

Indeed a very Happy Hour to take place soon.  Whew...   😁

Cheers my friend...🍷 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I agree it's not fare. At this point Royal should know went to hold them and know when to fold them.

• Like 1

Not going to happen.  RCCI just announced they are cancelling thru March.  What do we need to do to get the CDC to realize they are costing millions of dollars and putting so many business out of business.  I hate the way the government controls our lives.

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Not going to happen.  RCCI just announced they are cancelling thru March.  What do we need to do to get the CDC to realize they are costing millions of dollars and putting so many business out of business.  I hate the way the government controls our lives.

They cancelled through February.  Will March sailings go? Probably not, but the current cancelations go through Feb 28th, not March.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ranchette said:

If the cruise in May is cancelled and if I made final payment can that be switched to the cruise in Feb.? Anyone know?????????

Yes, you can take the FCC you'd get from the cancelled sailing and apply it to any other existing booking, though you should consider taking the refund instead.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, Cigar King said:

We're in the same boat 🙂 except ours is in March.  I love cruising out of SJU, but, I have little faith this one will happen.  I have not even bought air yet and normally I would have done it long ago.

I'm booked on Freedom out of SJU on March 28th.  I was really looking forward to that.  I'm booked in a panoramic ocean view suite, 400 sq feet facing the front of the ship, and I was looking forward to spending a couple of extra days in San Juan.  But I'm sure that ship isn't going to sail.  I just booked an Allure cruise for August 2 days ago, and the RCCL rep assured me that the March cruise should be fine.  She didn't say anything about RCCL cancelling the January & Feburary cruises!