How Hopeful - March 2021

cellfree

4 hours ago, waterfever said:

I'm booked on Freedom out of SJU on March 28th.  I was really looking forward to that.  I'm booked in a panoramic ocean view suite, 400 sq feet facing the front of the ship, and I was looking forward to spending a couple of extra days in San Juan.  But I'm sure that ship isn't going to sail.  I just booked an Allure cruise for August 2 days ago, and the RCCL rep assured me that the March cruise should be fine.  She didn't say anything about RCCL cancelling the January & Feburary cruises!

That RCL rep is talking out of her ear hole !  She/he doesn't know?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

Right on and congratulations. HH for you may have to start a little earlier today. 🍷 However, I'm still on the hook. Our B2B cruise is a March (13th and 20th) to the Western Caribbean. I believe RCG won't make a decision until January. Looking at possible L&S for the same ship and approximate sail dates (19 and 26 March 2022). The only bummer is the itineraries changed. Waiting for the TA to call me back as I have a few questions before I (we) decide. 

I presume these are out of Galveston, since both are western legs. We just did an L&S of an Eastern on Harmony out of Port Canaveral from March 2021 to a Western on Harmony for April 17, 2022 to line it up with an existing Eastern for April 24, 2022, and just got the confirmation this morning that our request had been accepted. So if the Galveston dates/itineraries don't work, try either PC, FLL, or Miami and see what's available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I presume these are out of Galveston, since both are western legs. We just did an L&S of an Eastern on Harmony out of Port Canaveral from March 2021 to a Western on Harmony for April 17, 2022 to line it up with an existing Eastern for April 24, 2022, and just got the confirmation this morning that our request had been accepted. So if the Galveston dates/itineraries don't work, try either PC, FLL, or Miami and see what's available.

Nope our March 2021 B2B Western Caribbean cruise was on the Rhapsody leaving out of Tampa. Yesterday afternoon I looked at a few L&S options for a B2B cruise for March 2022. Wasn't impressed with the itineraries due to changes for the March 2022 Western Caribbean out of Tampa. So I looked at San Juan departures for a March 2022 for a B2B cruise. Great itineraries as we've done them before.  I then called RC to see if I could do a L&S out of San Juan instead of Florida for March 2022. Yes. Right on!  I then called the TA we are using and gave her all the details to turn in my request for a L&S, B2B Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Explorer for March 2022. I shortly received cancellation notices for the B2B March 2021 cruises. Checked my Cruise Planner and the new B2B March 2022 cruises are posted. Waiting for the TA to send me new invoices. The taxes and port fees were less for the first leg and the same on the second leaving out of SJ v Tampa. So total cruise cost went down a few bucks. Didn't expect that. We've got a 10 night US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruise booked for September 2021 with Celebrity. Hope that cruise is a go. 🤞Thanks for the info you did provide me. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, orville99 said:

On the last L&S that we did, they miscalculated the taxes and fees. I would suggest that you go out to the website and do a mock booking on the cruise you are shifting to in order to get the correct T&F number. Had we not done that, we would not have known that they overcharged us on them when they shifted our cruise.

Well, they did it again😵 Just received the booking invoice for our latest L&S, and while they price-protected properly, they overcharged us by $42 again on the T&F. Had to call C&A and resolutions fixed it, but it shouldn't be happening.

20 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree it's not fare. At this point Royal should know went to hold them and know when to fold them.

Applied immediately for full cash refund back to credit card when I saw the announcement.  Now the waiting game...at least did not have to make that final payment today.  😮 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Nope our March 2021 B2B Western Caribbean cruise was on the Rhapsody leaving out of Tampa. Yesterday afternoon I looked at a few L&S options for a B2B cruise for March 2022. Wasn't impressed with the itineraries due to changes for the March 2022 Western Caribbean out of Tampa. So I looked at San Juan departures for a March 2022 for a B2B cruise. Great itineraries as we've done them before.  I then called RC to see if I could do a L&S out of San Juan instead of Florida for March 2022. Yes. Right on!  I then called the TA we are using and gave her all the details to turn in my request for a L&S, B2B Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Explorer for March 2022. I shortly received cancellation notices for the B2B March 2021 cruises. Checked my Cruise Planner and the new B2B March 2022 cruises are posted. Waiting for the TA to send me new invoices. The taxes and port fees were less for the first leg and the same on the second leaving out of SJ v Tampa. So total cruise cost went down a few bucks. Didn't expect that. We've got a 10 night US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruise booked for September 2021 with Celebrity. Hope that cruise is a go. 🤞Thanks for the info you did provide me. 

Congrats!  Indeed never hurts to ask!!  

I was on the phone with American Airlines for almost an hour this morning.  Now had to cancel our round trip to SJ from Orlando with cancelled Freedom cruise for next month.  That flight was already a used credit for cancelled Grandeur (Baltimore) flight from last June.  Ughh...plus I had another smaller cancellation credit from defunct flight from Miami that was to be Allure TA return.  

We are flying up to Bangor in the summer (renting houses...no cruises thankfully!!)...asked if I could use both credits towards that one flight.  She was not sure...but after some negotiation with superiors, she was able to do it.  Nice!  Once again...never hurts to ask.  😉 

• Like 2

Has anyone seen an indication if the Independence 3 & 4 nighter's, in March & April out of Port Everglades will be one of the first itineraries to return?  I keep seeing people post that Nav & Mariner's 3/4 nighter's should return first, but I've not see any mention of Inde.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Congrats!  Indeed never hurts to ask!!  

I was on the phone with American Airlines for almost an hour this morning.  Now had to cancel our round trip to SJ from Orlando with cancelled Freedom cruise for next month.  That flight was already a used credit for cancelled Grandeur (Baltimore) flight from last June.  Ughh...plus I had another smaller cancellation credit from defunct flight from Miami that was to be Allure TA return.  

We are flying up to Bangor in the summer (renting houses...no cruises thankfully!!)...asked if I could use both credits towards that one flight.  She was not sure...but after some negotiation with superiors, she was able to do it.  Nice!  Once again...never hurts to ask.  😉 

Yep, sometimes persistence pays off.   I believe a lot of us are having to spend waaaay toooo much time on the phone talking with the cruise lines, air lines, hotels and ground transportation  to make cancellations/adjustments to our travel plans. Who would have thunk! 😉 At least at the end of the day there is always a HH. 🍷

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep, sometimes persistence pays off.   I believe a lot of us are having to spend waaaay toooo much time on the phone talking with the cruise lines, air lines, hotels and ground transportation  to make cancellations/adjustments to our travel plans. Who would have thunk! 😉 At least at the end of the day there is always a HH. 🍷

Gosh yes, after dealing with 9 RCI cancellations yesterday, then the flights today, and still dealing with the unobtainable 4 night hotel stay in Sydney (non-refundable...though US citizens not allowed into the country).......that Sauvignon Blanc in about an hour is going to taste mighty fine!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

Has anyone seen an indication if the Independence 3 & 4 nighter's, in March & April out of Port Everglades will be one of the first itineraries to return?  I keep seeing people post that Nav & Mariner's 3/4 nighter's should return first, but I've not see any mention of Inde.

The soonest RCCL will sail from the US is 3 months.  Maybe.  Yes Navigator and Mariner are popular thoughts, but nothing is known for sure about any ship.  Pure speculation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Gosh yes, after dealing with 9 RCI cancellations yesterday, then the flights today, and still dealing with the unobtainable 4 night hotel stay in Sydney (non-refundable...though US citizens not allowed into the country).......that Sauvignon Blanc in about an hour is going to taste mighty fine!!  

You are strong. That Sauvignon Blanc would have been gone halfway through all of those calls and I would have moved on to something stronger.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

Well, they did it again😵 Just received the booking invoice for our latest L&S, and while they price-protected properly, they overcharged us by $42 again on the T&F. Had to call C&A and resolutions fixed it, but it shouldn't be happening.

It happens because their system takes the taxes and fees based on the date that you booked the initial cruise.  It does work both ways. I’ve had a cruise that kept getting moved around and my taxes are now about 50% of what the current taxes are.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

How did you end up with all of these non-refundable hotel bookings? :classic_biggrin: We won't actually book with hotels if the bookings are non-refundable. It is usually the last thing we book and (generally) the smallest part of our trip cost. The cost difference of refundable is usually minimal. 

We booked Kenny Chesney tickets for Lake Tahoe in June. We purchased ticket insurance. The resort hotel for 2 nights is outrageously priced either way....but at least it is refundable, including the deposit. :classic_biggrin:

I am glad that the multiple Australia bookings worked out for you. 2020 was definitely a wash. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

You are strong. That Sauvignon Blanc would have been gone halfway through all of those calls and I would have moved on to something stronger.

LOL....I need all my wits together when dealing with jumping through all the hoops.  Right now it is a matter of Hot Potato...with Orbitz and the Sydney hotel doing the "it's their problem" game.  😖

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....I need all my wits together when dealing with jumping through all the hoops.  Right now it is a matter of Hot Potato...with Orbitz and the Sydney hotel doing the "it's their problem" game.  😖

Good Luck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

How did you end up with all of these non-refundable hotel bookings? :classic_biggrin: We won't actually book with hotels if the bookings are non-refundable. It is usually the last thing we book and (generally) the smallest part of our trip cost. The cost difference of refundable is usually minimal. 

We booked Kenny Chesney tickets for Lake Tahoe in June. We purchased ticket insurance. The resort hotel for 2 nights is outrageously priced either way....but at least it is refundable, including the deposit. :classic_biggrin:

I am glad that the multiple Australia bookings worked out for you. 2020 was definitely a wash. :classic_smile:

There was no option but being prepaid and non-refundable at the hotel I booked.  Indeed the 1,292.48 price for the four nights on the harbor in a suite would be the smallest loss to take,  over the total cost of the rest of the Aussie trip, of which fortunately the rest will be refunded in total, with the hotel being the hold out. 

That amount may not mean much to you...but I still intend to try to get it back, with U.S. Citizens not being allowed to travel to the country of Australia.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

There was no option but being prepaid and non-refundable at the hotel I booked.  Indeed the 1,292.48 price for the four nights on the harbor in a suite would be the smallest loss to take,  over the total cost of the rest of the Aussie trip, of which fortunately the rest will be refunded in total, with the hotel being the hold out. 

That amount may not mean much to you...but I still intend to try to get it back, with U.S. Citizens not being allowed to travel to the country of Australia.  

Is that not covered by travel insurance if your trip is cancelled?

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have you contacted your credit card company to see if you can do a charge-back?

Sadly the latest announcement all but guarantees no sailings longer than 4 nights for AT LEAST March and April. I personally believe that even a start date for March is premature. 

I would anticipate a later start time (May), but perhaps a faster start up this summer.   Royal needs Symphony up ASAP for summer 7 Night caribbean sailings. 

Edited by Kokomo91165

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Pat, why you booked a non refundable rate falls under the category of "NOYB". I'd be doing the same. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. IMO you have a good argument as why the hotel should do a refund. If (hope it does 🤞) it works out in your favor, great. If not, at least you tried. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That’s what worries us. We have the cruise on Jewel booked for Baltic’s out of   Copenhagen. Wondering about hotel/airfare. This is in August. Not sure it’s going to sail. 

M8